With or against Marriage? (8 Viewers)

With marriage or against it?

• Marry

• Don't marry

• I'm undecided

• I don't really care

Results are only viewable after voting.
Apr 15, 2006
I am for marriage if the couple decide to. But have no problems with the other option too.

And considering my family and relatives a relationship without marriage is pretty much unacceptable. I could probably go against their will, but I know that my mom won't like it. Not one bit. And at her age, I don't want to give her any more worries. I've already resigned to the fact that my marriage will be arranged. It's only a matter of time.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Can't say I'm that fussed about marriage.

I'd probably just go along with whatever a partner wanted.

Scotland has pretty decent laws regarding cohabiting couples. Once you've lived together for a few years, you are pretty much a married couple in the eyes of the law, even if you don't have the piece of paper saying you are married.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Other than the legal side of things, I don't really see the point in marriage. Like a lot of people have said, I'd only do it if the girl really wanted to. There's no way I'd have anything religious involved in it though.

It is a great excuse for a huge party though.

I really don't need to be married to be happy with the right guy but the financial benefits are to big to be ignored at least in Germany. And I guess sooner or later I want to call the guy beside me husband and not boyfriend. Sounds better no?
But I could never do a classical church marriage. Naked on the beach with drinks in hand. Don't know:p
I hope we'll all be invited.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
romania ain't much of an free law state...people here point you if you're living with your love and have kids and didn't married..i guess i'll go with it legal and do a wedding, just to see my colleagues pulling a huge bachelor party :D

the wedding ring and that piece of paper doesn't mean nothing...what matters most is to find that one girl

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I definitely intend to marry my girl in the future. I believe marriage would make the relationship more serious and "official", but maybe I'm a bit old fashioned. Before doing that though, we'll have to move in together and settle everything with the new house first.

The wedding would be the celebration of it all. Then I want kids.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I definitely intend to marry my girl in the future. I believe marriage would make the relationship more serious and "official", but maybe I'm a bit old fashioned. Before doing that though, we'll have to move in together and settle everything with the new house first.

The wedding would be the celebration of it all. Then I want kids.
Word. And the bachelor party.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
:lol:

I thought this was about gay marriage...
but I plan on getting married just for what it symbolizes. IMO as long as I have kids i'll have something to live for.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Great question. For me I am married but I honestly don't think it matters that much. If two people choose to commit to each other I don't think that a certificate or ring make a difference. I chose to get married because it's something that we both wanted to do, but in the end, it's the commitment that means everything
That is exactly my view.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
here it a religious thing, you can't live with a girl without being married, So i guess one day i'll get married i just have to find the right girl ;)

Itztli

'Curious'
May 12, 2011
I'm undecided on this one. As much as I'd love to get tied down to the girl i love and have kids, I feel as if you don't need a legal document to tell me that. Not to forget to mention if she isn't the one or complication arise, you'll have to go thought alot of legal paperwork to get separated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)