• Don't marry

• I'm undecided

• I don't really care

Results are only viewable after voting.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I don't really care, I lived with my wife for four years before we got married and we decided on a wedding just because we wanted to do something together not to symbolize anything nor to have legal papers nor to even start a family. We were well decided that we wanted to stay together and have children.

And to go back on doing something together, the wedding was totally of our creation, we did simply everything from decorations to food hell even we built benches for the guests to sit on during the ceremony. It was a wonderful period of preparations that I will forever remember.

And to add to this, I am totally with the idea of building a family, being married or not is just marginal to the whole thing.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #22
    And to go back on doing something together, the wedding was totally of our creation, we did simply everything from decorations to food hell even we built benches for the guests to sit on during the ceremony. It was a wonderful period of preparations that I will forever remember.
    Nice. Where did you meet your wife?

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Nice. Where did you meet your wife?
    The first time in Lebanon then in Germany we met a few times then in Sweden once. During the Germany/Sweden period we decided to live together so I left my work in Germany and moved here. We met through a friend of mine who lives in Belgium where she was working for a small while. She wanted to visit Lebanon so the friend made us meet so I can help her in her visit there.

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
    Great question. For me I am married but I honestly don't think it matters that much. If two people choose to commit to each other I don't think that a certificate or ring make a difference. I chose to get married because it's something that we both wanted to do, but in the end, it's the commitment that means everything

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    Only with the right girl.
    Meaning, I would never get married cause of the outside pressure or if I had no other option than some girl, or if I/others felt that it was time.
    So if I have to settle for someone, I ain't getting married ever. Better to masturbate all life than being obliged to live with someone you're not really willing to enjoy your life with.

SABSAB

Snoop Stinks
    Dec 10, 2008
    I really don't need to be married to be happy with the right guy but the financial benefits are to big to be ignored at least in Germany. And I guess sooner or later I want to call the guy beside me husband and not boyfriend. Sounds better no?
    But I could never do a classical church marriage. Naked on the beach with drinks in hand. Don't know:p

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #27
    Only with the right girl.
    Meaning, I would never get married cause of the outside pressure or if I had no other option than some girl, or if I/others felt that it was time.
    So if I have to settle for someone, I ain't getting married ever. Better to masturbate all life than being obliged to live with someone you're not really willing to enjoy your life with.
    I like how you put this:D

Jack, Juveroo :tup:

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #28
    I really don't need to be married to be happy with the right guy but the financial benefits are to big to be ignored at least in Germany. And I guess sooner or later I want to call the guy beside me husband and not boyfriend. Sounds better no?
    But I could never do a classical church marriage. Naked on the beach with drinks in hand. Don't know:p
    Much better IMO. I think it sounds better calling the mother of my child my wife than my girlfriend :D

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
    Here a lot of people call their other half their "partner" regardless of whether they're married or not. It's almost as if i feel bad to ask if people are married or not

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #30
    How long have you been married, Juveroo? And how long have you known/met your wife?

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #32
    You and I are too good looking to get married anyway :D
    I know my mom and grandma will nag on my head if I don't plan any marriage :D

Also, whenever I go to Lebanon they start telling me the beautiful and clever girls they met and which one would be my perfect future wife:lol2:

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
    How long have you been married, Juveroo? And how long have you known/met your wife?
    We got married in February last year but we've been together since i was almost 18 (I'm 27 now). We bought a place about a year before we got married so we sort of renovated slowly and would stay there about half the week while i was working in it, so I obviously believe that moving in with your partner before you get married (if you choose to do so) is a great idea.

I'm a bit old school that way. I tend to think marriage is long term and you should be 100% before you do it.

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    Like V said, i'm not really against it, but its not necessary for me...so it's all down to the woman...if she prefers having kids as a married couple i'd get married, if she is really against it I wouldn't get married, but I'd prob like to get married, but prefer not in church

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Here a lot of people call their other half their "partner" regardless of whether they're married or not. It's almost as if i feel bad to ask if people are married or not
    I see you are about my age but I thought you were younger.

On the question, I really don't care. More and more people aren't getting married in the UK at least, and I know through family who work in the court service just how many divorce and child cases come through. I'd say I'm probably not the sort of person who would get married, so I'd veer that way for now. Once I've finished messing about and do the dreaded 'growing up' thing maybe my hand will be forced more somewhat.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #37
    We got married in February last year but we've been together since i was almost 18 (I'm 27 now). We bought a place about a year before we got married so we sort of renovated slowly and would stay there about half the week while i was working in it, so I obviously believe that moving in with your partner before you get married (if you choose to do so) is a great idea.
    I agree here. Though for me it's a bit different, where I come from, most of the girls if not 99% of them don't move with you or live with you before any marriage(and wedding if both want it). Some do it for self-esteem and others do it for religious reasons.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #38
    Like V said, i'm not really against it, but its not necessary for me...so it's all down to the woman...if she prefers having kids as a married couple i'd get married, if she is really against it I wouldn't get married, but I'd prob like to get married, but prefer not in church
    So you will basically be her bitch? :D

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
    I see you are about my age but I thought you were younger.

On the question, I really don't care. More and more people aren't getting married in the UK at least, and I know through family who work in the court service just how many divorce and child cases come through. I'd say I'm probably not the sort of person who would get married, so I'd veer that way for now. Once I've finished messing about and do the dreaded 'growing up' thing maybe my hand will be forced more somewhat.
    Thant's pretty funny because i always thought you were younger than me. Sometimes i feel like an old man on these forums.

As for divorce rates, they're really high here too. I understand that sometimes things just don't work out but i'm sure that there for a lot of marriages there were signs of problems early on in the relationship. I don't think it's something people should rush into!

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
    I agree here. Though for me it's a bit different, where I come from, most of the girls if not 99% of them don't move with you or live with you before any marriage(and wedding if both want it). Some do it for self-esteem and others do it for religious reasons.
    I have a lot of Lebanese friends here and that happens here with Lebanese people too. I also find that a lot of Lebanese people marry other Lebanese people. I must say makes for a great wedding party though ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)