With Mirante being so good what if ..... (1 Viewer)

OP
Ali

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #21
    white_rabbit said:
    sell Gigi
    i was with this idea ... but he pledged to stay. he could have gone anywere he wanted but he didnt and we repayhim by selling him
    if that not backstabing i dont what is
    Chill rabbit we ain't selling Buffon :D , just exploring alternatives.

Buy on AliExpress.com

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

Ali said:
    This defence had better improve in leaps & loads. Serie B is longer & rougher than A and we need depth now more than ever. Just imagine what would happen if our first choice defense don't click or gets injured. Am sorry but Legro, Boumsong don't really inspire any confidence in me & the onus is on them to prove us wrong but I would be more comfortable with 2 or 3 more defenders at the expense of Buffon.

aside: I have nothing but respect to Buffon. Infact a clip that keeps on playing in my head is his wonderful save against Zizou's magnificent header in the WC finals.
    they don't fill me with confidence either, but both legro and boumsong can and will be good for serie b. than we also have kovac who is good and solid even for serie a, and tudor is as well. imo tudor and kovac should be our 2 starting cb's. the two of them will play as starting cb's for the croatian nt under our new coach. if the two of them are given a chance i'm sure they will do good, they know each other and work well together, and pardon me if they are good enough for the cro nt they are good enough for serie b. tudor had his fall outs for juve but that was cause he was always pushed in unnatural positions, he is a cb and that's what he is best at. if dd sees that and gives the two of them the green light i think buffon will be good enough for the goal.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

Byrone said:
    Last time we experimented Van Der Sar looked like the dutch version of David James.Pity as he was superb during his Ajax days & I was over the moon when we signed him.
    ay...don't remind me. :scared:

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
    Ali said:
    Good points there Byrone. But doesn't it suck seeing superman picking the ball out of the net 3 times in one game?
    Gigi can only do so much & tbh his mere presence to the defense is a huge moral boost.He can surely calm the defenders nerves down & instill confidence in them when they tackle well.

OP
    Ali

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #25
    vlatko said:
    they don't fill me with confidence either, but both legro and boumsong can and will be good for serie b. than we also have kovac who is good and solid even for serie a, and tudor is as well. imo tudor and kovac should be our 2 starting cb's. the two of them will play as starting cb's for the croatian nt under our new coach. if the two of them are given a chance i'm sure they will do good, they know each other and work well together, and pardon me if they are good enough for the cro nt they are good enough for serie b. tudor had his fall outs for juve but that was cause he was always pushed in unnatural positions, he is a cb and that's what he is best at. if dd sees that and gives the two of them the green light i think buffon will be good enough for the goal.
    Tudor & Kovac impressed me in WC. I've always wanted Tudor to be a Juve regular but his injuries are too many. I've always wondered what were the real causes of his injury but if he & Kovac partner for the first 20 games then I think we could be formidable. The question is, how long can Tudor last?
    Aye this looks good though ...
    Balza ---- Kovac ------Tudor--------Chiellini

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
    vlatko said:
    ay...don't remind me. :scared:
    His school boys errors cost us dearly & come to think of it,we would still had 29 scudetto's had he not let us down during crucial moments.

Although I still admire him,especially during his Ajax tenure.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

Byrone said:
    His school boys errors cost us dearly & come to think of it,we would still had 29 scudetto's had he not let us down during crucial moments.

he lost all my admiration in his time with us. we developed a strong feeling of unconditional hatred between us. :D

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

Ali said:
    Tudor & Kovac impressed me in WC. I've always wanted Tudor to be a Juve regular but his injuries are too many. I've always wondered what were the real causes of his injury but if he & Kovac partner for the first 20 games then I think we could be formidable. The question is, how long can Tudor last?
    Aye this looks good though ...
    Balza ---- Kovac ------Tudor--------Chiellini
    yes tudor does have his share of injuries, and that is his main problem. but that's something that we can't do anything about unfortunatelly. he needs games in his legs, he must get the rythm than injuries will perhaps spare him. then if the worst does happen we have legro and boumsong. we have a good defense for serie b, it's just that they are unused to each other.

Sep 28, 2002
    Ali said:
    Mirante has some B experience. Does it not scare you that we have not played our first choice defence & the league starts in 1 weeks time? Fli being back in A in an objective now, we don't really know how kind B will be to us.
    no, not really. this is serie b after all, though it is going to be tough, no doubt, but juve primavera could outplay half of the teams in b imo.

and so what if he has serie b experience, its not that buffon wont be able to handle the enormous pressure of playing in serie b. selling buffon wouldbe a huge loss and there's no other way to look at it.

OP
    Ali

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #32
    vlatko said:
    he lost all my adiration in his time with us. we developed a strong feeling of unconditional hatred between us. :D
    I remember the Roma game :wallbang:
    Now just picture a good Buffon gone bad because of a lousy defense. :scared:

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

Ali said:
    I remember the Roma game :wallbang:
    Now just picture a good Buffon gone bad because of a lousy defense. :scared:
    that is practically impossible. sure he won't be as effective as with thuram and canna in front of him, but than again he won't have sheva and toni against him. our defense will gel and do good in time, and buffon will always be buffon, his incredible saves will always be there for us.

OP
    Ali

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #34
    Fliakis said:
    no, not really. this is serie b after all, though it is going to be tough, no doubt, but juve primavera could outplay half of the teams in b imo.

and so what if he has serie b experience, its not that buffon wont be able to handle the enormous pressure of playing in serie b. selling buffon wouldbe a huge loss and there's no other way to look at it.
    Vlatko said:
    that is practically impossible. sure he won't be as effective as with thuram and canna in front of him, but than again he won't have sheva and toni against him. our defense will gel and do good in time, and buffon will always be buffon, his incredible saves will always be there for us.
    Thank you guys for boosting my confidence :D

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
    Byrone said:

he's a great keeper just his keeping style doesnt work in serie A

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
    Ali said:
    I agree on the symbol status but what's the point of standing behind the sticks to pick the ball out 3 teams due to a leaky defence?
    actualy we got enough money from selling top players. I would have bought another defender.
    btw, in the tim trophy no one of the first CB played. this was the problem.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
    Byrone said:
    The goalkeeping position is probably the most crucial in the defense side of the game & the last thing we should be doing is gambling on an inexperienced goalie.

Last time we experimented Van Der Sar looked like the dutch version of David James.Pity as he was superb during his Ajax days & I was over the moon when we signed him.
    :agree:
    I just love byrone :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)