With Mirante being so good what if ..... (1 Viewer)

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Foremost since I've not been around more often lately so this topic may have been flogged to death. If such a thread exists please merge them mods.
Here is a thought ...
Having had the chance to watch the Tim Cup am really impressed with Mirante. We all know how the coppa went. Awful performance by our defense. While Buffon is a master behind the sticks he can only do so much when the defence doesn't do their job. In other words to me it's useless to have Buffon with a non-existent defense.
So my suggestion would have been to sell Buffon at a ridiculously high price thereby saving us his high wages & with that money get two good defenders plus a midfielder. I certainly believe we would have been in a better position. What do you think?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Ali said:
Foremost since I've not been around more often lately so this topic may have been flogged to death. If such a thread exists please merge them mods.
Here is a thought ...
Having had the chance to watch the Tim Cup am really impressed with Mirante. We all know how the coppa went. Awful performance by our defense. While Buffon is a master behind the sticks he can only do so much when the defence doesn't do their job. In other words to me it's useless to have Buffon with a non-existent defense.
So my suggestion would have been to sell Buffon at a ridiculously high price thereby saving us his high wages & with that money get two good defenders plus a midfielder. I certainly believe we would have been in a better position. What do you think?
I am sorry but this is BS. We are all so eased that buffon stayed. Mirante performed good in a friendly, we do not know how good he is when it counts.
a team in such a phase needs such players like buffon, dp and nedved. these are our symbols and already legends.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
i dont think mirante would have been an able replacement for buffon.the man to replace buffon would have been amelia imo.but having said that,the emotional value that buffon brings to the team is only matched by del piero and trezeguet from the current squad,and i think that is needed more than anything right now.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
i think rite now mirante is the slightly more advantaged gk over buffon, as he has serie B experience, where as buffon has yet to climatise to it, something he has admitted too, but one thing is for sure, what i have seen of mirante reminds me of a young buffon, and its pretty depressing that a gk of his talents will be benched all season.
but at least i know that i think we have finally found the true heir to buffon, and its not amelia.

Sep 28, 2002
mirante is way too inexperienced. our defence is shite yeah, but when did we play with our first choice defence? besides, we'll surely get some decent defenders once we're back in a

OP
Ali

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    Maresca said:
    I am sorry but this is BS. We are all so eased that buffon stayed. Mirante performed good in a friendly, we do not know how good he is when it counts.
    a team in such a phase needs such players like buffon, dp and nedved. these are our symbols and already legends.
    I agree on the symbol status but what's the point of standing behind the sticks to pick the ball out 3 teams due to a leaky defence?

OP
    Ali

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #8
    Fliakis said:
    mirante is way too inexperienced. our defence is shite yeah, but when did we play with our first choice defence? besides, we'll surely get some decent defenders once we're back in a
    Mirante has some B experience. Does it not scare you that we have not played our first choice defence & the league starts in 1 weeks time? Fli being back in A in an objective now, we don't really know how kind B will be to us.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

ey it's one game people, don't go ahead of yourselves. buffon staying is the biggest boost we could have got.

OP
    Ali

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #10
    Badass Devil said:
    i think rite now mirante is the slightly more advantaged gk over buffon, as he has serie B experience, where as buffon has yet to climatise to it, something he has admitted too, but one thing is for sure, what i have seen of mirante reminds me of a young buffon, and its pretty depressing that a gk of his talents will be benched all season.
    but at least i know that i think we have finally found the true heir to buffon, and its not amelia.
    Quite agree with you Devil.

OP
    Ali

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #11
    vlatko said:
    ey it's one game people, don't go ahead of yourselves. buffon staying is the biggest boost we could have got.
    I don't think we have kept a clean sheet in the pre season. Maybe am being paranoid but that tells me it's a waste of resources having the best behind the sticks.

Sep 1, 2002
    Our defence is fine, we will let in the least amount of goals this season; we are not going to be playing two of the best team in Seria A each week, are we.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

Ali said:
    I don't think we have kept a clean sheet in the pre season. Maybe am being paranoid but that tells me it's a waste of resources having the best behind the sticks.
    this is a new team, defense needs the most time to adopt. do you think canna and thuram worked so good just because they were world class? no, it's because the played together for about 5 years before that. and buffon is a enourmos boost, to sacrifice him is just silly. he adds class, skill and above all a winning mentality.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    Maresca said:
    :agree:

Our defence is fine, we will let in the least amount of goals this season; we are not going to be playing two of the best team in Seria A each week, are we.
    its not fine, we r leaking goals left right and center.There is no organisation in the back...But am prepared to wait before passing judgements.As DD's man Boumsong didnt play yet, and only after that i will pass judgement on DD.Although i blame him for crashing out of the Coppa.

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006
    sell Gigi
    i was with this idea ... but he pledged to stay. he could have gone anywere he wanted but he didnt and we repayhim by selling him
    if that not backstabing i dont what is

OP
    Ali

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #17
    vlatko said:
    this is a new team, defense needs the most time to adopt. do you think canna and thuram worked so good just because they were world class? no, it's because the played together for about 5 years before that. and buffon is a enourmos boost, to sacrifice him is just silly. he adds class, skill and above all a winning mentality.
    This defence had better improve in leaps & loads. Serie B is longer & rougher than A and we need depth now more than ever. Just imagine what would happen if our first choice defense don't click or gets injured. Am sorry but Legro, Boumsong don't really inspire any confidence in me & the onus is on them to prove us wrong but I would be more comfortable with 2 or 3 more defenders at the expense of Buffon.

aside: I have nothing but respect to Buffon. Infact a clip that keeps on playing in my head is his wonderful save against Zizou's magnificent header in the WC finals.

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
    The goalkeeping position is probably the most crucial in the defense side of the game & the last thing we should be doing is gambling on an inexperienced goalie.

Last time we experimented Van Der Sar looked like the dutch version of David James.Pity as he was superb during his Ajax days & I was over the moon when we signed him.

OP
    Ali

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #19
    sateeh said:
    :agree:
    its not fine, we r leaking goals left right and center.There is no organisation in the back...But am prepared to wait before passing judgements.As DD's man Boumsong didnt play yet, and only after that i will pass judgement on DD.Although i blame him for crashing out of the Coppa.
    This is not a blame DD thread :D Buffon is with us. Just wishful thinking about other alternatives.

OP
    Ali

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #20
    Byrone said:
    The goalkeeping position is probably the most crucial in the defense side of the game & the last thing we should be doing is gambling on an inexperienced goalie.

Last time we experimented Van Der Sar looked like the dutch version of David James.Pity as he was superb during his Ajax days & I was over the moon when we signed him.
    Good points there Byrone. But doesn't it suck seeing superman picking the ball out of the net 3 times in one game?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)