Wishlist and General Juve winter mercato talk (2013-14) (38 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
That's where you're wrong. I don't know how can you conclude something like this. Asamoah few times when played there, was simply fantastic; better in duels, quicker, good shot, decent enough pass, always present and in the midst of our actions. Marchisio, face it, apart from half a season in 2011/12 was more miss than hit as a b2b midfielder. He's too inconsistent player for that role. This new holding midfielder role will suit him much better.
watch the sassuolo game again and see how asamoah got us in trouble a few times with his "decent enough pass". and thats just sassuolo, what would it be against a stronger serie a team or a top CL team??? marchisio never makes deadly mistakes which is because he is a better midfielder than asamoah

Buy on AliExpress.com

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
watch the sassuolo game again and see how asamoah got us in trouble a few times with his "decent enough pass". and thats just sassuolo, what would it be against a stronger serie a team or a top CL team??? marchisio never makes deadly mistakes which is because he is a better midfielder than asamoah
Right, he just gives away stupid free kicks 30 cm from our box.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Well that settles this debate. What a great argument, using one misplaced pass to back your claim. IIRC it happened in the beginning of the game, once he settled down he managed to put in mouthwatering performance. Why don't you mention how many times he dribbled past his marker, chances he created, etc...

And for your info Asamoah had 92% completion of passes in that game, 89% in opponents half, 17 duels won!! How about that for a poor passing?

http://www.tuttosport.com/live/matchcentre/incontro.shtml?season=2013&competition=21&match=717712

Andy21

Nov 8, 2013
We have a lot of dead wood in our squad and I really think we should let alone our midfielders. We must first sell or released players like:
Storari (0,5M)
Rubinho (0,3M)
Motta (1M)
De Ceglie (1,5M)
Isla (6,5M)
Padoin (4M)
Vučinič (12M)
Giovinco (12M)
and maybe Quagliarella (8M).
From this sales we can get around 45Mil. Then we can buy the other half of Berardi and one top LB (Murru) and one top LW (Griezmann). For the depth we can use our young players or players on co-ownership.

Monco

C.R.E.A.M
Mar 27, 2013
We have a lot of dead wood in our squad and I really think we should let alone our midfielders. We must first sell or released players like:
Storari (0,5M)
Rubinho (0,3M)
Motta (1M)
De Ceglie (1,5M)
Isla (6,5M)
Padoin (4M)
Vučinič (12M)
Giovinco (12M)
and maybe Quagliarella (8M).
From this sales we can get around 45Mil. Then we can buy the other half of Berardi and one top LB (Murru) and one top LW (Griezmann). For the depth we can use our young players or players on co-ownership.
Whole post is hilarious, but that part killed me. :lol:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Well that settles this debate. What a great argument, using one misplaced pass to back your claim. IIRC it happened in the beginning of the game, once he settled down he managed to put in mouthwatering performance. Why don't you mention how many times he dribbled past his marker, chances he created, etc...

And for your info Asamoah had 92% completion of passes in that game, 89% in opponents half, 17 duels won!! How about that for a poor passing?

http://www.tuttosport.com/live/matchcentre/incontro.shtml?season=2013&competition=21&match=717712
it wasnt just one pass and it was sassuolo. i said his bad passing will cost us against better teams who can actually start a counter attack. duels won is irrelevant because we are discussing offensive qualities. and what use we have of his dribbles when nothing comes after? and to end this pogba - marchisio - vidal where marchisio makes deep passes and allows pogba and vidal to go forward >>> asamoah - pogba - vidal where we limit the offensive runs pogba offers to play asamoah who is better at playing wide.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Garbagese strikes again.
he's not wrong though, although they shouldn't "overpay", the correct word here would be spend big. Milan are were they are because of their garbage signings. You need a quality foundation and things like that will cost. As soon as you've bought yourself a strong foundation you can start penny pinching. But as long as you're constantly penny pinching you'll never get anywhere because you really have no choice.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
it wasnt just one pass and it was sassuolo. i said his bad passing will cost us against better teams who can actually start a counter attack. duels won is irrelevant because we are discussing offensive qualities. and what use we have of his dribbles when nothing comes after? and to end this pogba - marchisio - vidal where marchisio makes deep passes and allows pogba and vidal to go forward >>> asamoah - pogba - vidal where we limit the offensive runs pogba offers to play asamoah who is better at playing wide.
You need to drop that bad passing as it simply isn't true, already debunked. Why I mentioned duels? Well b2b mid needs to be good in both directions and defensively he was magnificent. Offensively he was more involved than what Marchisio tends to be. Simple data; Marchisio has averagely 30-35 passes per game when he occupies that spot, Asamoah had 64. As for that nothing comes out of his dribbles, didn't he had 7 assists last year? Move on.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
that 7 assist came from the wing. marchisio had a season (2011/2012) which asamoah will never have. he was moved back a little to cover pirlo, and now with pirlo injured he started to play better again. and that bad passer i say is because there are not much forward passes...

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
that 7 assist came from the wing. marchisio had a season (2011/2012) which asamoah will never have. he was moved back a little to cover pirlo, and now with pirlo injured he started to play better again. and that bad passer i say is because there are not much forward passes...
Nocerino also had one beast season where he scored many goals. People only try to find excuses why Marchisio isn't scoring.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
He played out of position and despite of that he's been very good for us. For Udinese he mostly played as defensive midfielder, but dynamic one, whose presence was felt in the final 3rd as well. He's able to win the ball at the back and then be part of the action in opponents half, even make an assist or take a shot, all in matters of couple of seconds. Again with passes, he made more offensive passes vs Sassuolo than Marchisio managed in his last 3 games while playing there. Asamoah offers more in both phases than Marchisio, deal with it.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Sometimes I wonder if we have a deal with some of this some of the media. Like you guys report BS reports about our players to raise their value and we'll call you whenever we have a deal almost ready. Because these rumours about Vucinic being on his way to United, Tottenham, City etc etc just seem like we're trying to scare a potential buyer/buyers to act fast/pay up.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I wouldn't mind seeing Marchisio at DM for a bit. If you have a midfielder who is content to do all the thankless jobs and increase "tactical flow" then please keep him away from the offence.

I think he's smart, tidy and effective enough with passing that he could be a good DM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)