Wishlist and General Juve mercato talk (2014-15) (46 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
If it's only a loan deal, I can accept that. Buying him outright for 17m would be ridiculous.

7/10 for me this year's mercato.
That move doesn't make any sense whatsoever. We bought Morata to rotate with Llorente, so this transfer is anything but needed.

If Tevez gets injured we're gonna play Chicharito - Llorente/Morata? That's horrible.

I forgot about him. Yeah, he's a good signing too.

It was horrible for me due to the fact that, again, we're too focused on signing depth players instead if improving our starting line-up. It's a lie to say we don't afford doing so. What's worse is that we also overspend for our depth players. Our strategy is wrong and we never seem to learn.
Da, without a doubt the most annoying thing.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
It was horrible for me due to the fact that, again, we're too focused on signing depth players instead if improving our starting line-up. It's a lie to say we don't afford doing so. What's worse is that we also overspend for our depth players. Our strategy is wrong and we never seem to learn.
This was the first summer in ages where no player was brought in for the first XI.

But keep repeating your lie, people already start to believe it.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
This was the first summer in ages where no player was brought in for the first XI.

Check the amount of players we brought over the past 2 seasons.

Only Asamoah, Llorente and Pogba start for us. And Pogba wasn't a starter from the beginning.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Check the amount of players we brought over the past 2 seasons.

Only Asamoah, Llorente and Pogba start for us. And Pogba wasn't a starter from the beginning.
We brought in Llorente and Tevez last year, two starters.

The summer before that, Asamoah, Isla was supposed to at least challenge for a starting spot as well, and Pogba, though he wasn't brought in to start so I'm not sure if he counts here.

Three years ago, Pirlo and Vidal.

Getting more than two starters per season is unrealistic from a financial point of view.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

The summer before that, Asamoah, Isla was supposed to at least challenge for a starting spot as well, and Pogba, though he wasn't brought in to start so I'm not sure if he counts here.

Getting more than two starters per season is unrealistic from a financial point of view.
i think the point is we spent FAR more in transfer fees on depth than we do on starters

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009

I forgot about Tevez. Again. :p

What I'm getting at is that we sign too many average/random players each season and what's worse is that we use most of our budget on them.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
:shocked: Seeing as you are one of the apologists/sympathizers I am amazed at that rating :D

What happened to the perfect mercato and 10/10? :p
I said while back that perfect mercato for me would be if we managed to bring quality winger/AM considering the lack of pace we have upfront, and reliable CB having in mind Barzagli's age. Sadly for one reason or the other we didn't, therefore I can't give it more than 7. That doesn't mean it was a poor mercato by any means, since we strengthened our team, made it more competitive, reducing the gap between starting 11 and our bench.

Then again if players like Coman turn out to be great, that rating in hindsight will become silly.

- - - Updated - - -

:tup: Indeed.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I forgot about Tevez. Again. :p

What I'm getting at is that we sign too many average/random players each season and what's worse is that we use most of our budget on them.
You can probably make the point that they're not really needed that much for one or two individual players and there are certainly instances where we overpaid by a little - Pereyra at 17 million is a hefty price.

Overall however the vast majority of these depth signings are an absolute necessity.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
thats a major flaw imo, it cancels any kind of advantage you get by spending little on starters
Not really, we pay an average to sometimes a little too high price for our depth and extraordinarily little on our starters.

It could be better of course, but it's still pretty good.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Not really, we pay an average to sometimes a little too high price for our depth and extraordinarily little on our starters.

It could be better of course, but it's still pretty good.
Seeing as you are one of the apologists/sympathizers along with the likes of Zach, DP84, and Robee, how do you rate the mercato thus far? Please be reasonable :D

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Now that I've thought about it I'd give our mercato 6-6.5/10. I was too harsh to give it a bit less.

Still, I expect a whole lot more this summer, so it's pretty much disappointing.

But hey, next summer :p

mondo1

May 14, 2006
We need to start thinking about the Age of the squad. Buffon Evra barzagli pirlo licht Tevez are all over 30 chiellini and some others are close to 30.... We should start replacing those players...even if thats means saying goodbye to some

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Seeing as you are one of the apologists/sympathizers along with the likes of Zach, DP84, and Robee, how do you rate the mercato thus far? Please be reasonable :D
Hehe, it's not because some transfers are deemed impossible and others point out the use of players like Pereyra, Romulo, etc... that the total picture is nice.

I'd give it a 6. With Chicharito at 1 mil maybe a 6,5. Apologist has spoken :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)