Wishlist and General Juve mercato talk (2014-15) (77 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
You could argue that Jovetic flopped.
He did flop and in this market where the price is mostly determined after last good/bad season, 18m seems like a fair deal. See Sanchez, Barca wanted to sell last summer, but no one sane was willing to pay 40m for him. After an excellent season with his club and great WC performances his price went 30-40% up.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
He did flop and in this market where the price is mostly determined after last good/bad season, 18m seems like a fair deal. See Sanchez, Barca wanted to sell him last summer, but no one sane was willing to pay 40m for him. After an excellent season with his club and great WC performances his price went 30-40% up.
I think most teams with the money would sign Alexis for €18m if they could..

Jovetic hasn't flopped anything while at City. They have so many top players in attack, Jovetic looks like a youngster..

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I think most teams with the money would sign Alexis for €18m if they could..

Jovetic hasn't flopped anything while at City. They have so many top players in attack, Jovetic looks like a youngster..
He was injured, didn't play regularly, even when on field he was disappointing. Therefore flop.

As for Sanchez, Barca would have sold him last year for 25-30m, but no one was interested.

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
Beppe Marotta is like that kid in grade school who would offer you insulting deals for your quality trading cards (hockey, pokemon, whatever).
Example:
"I'll give you two Charmeleons for a Charizard."
etc etc

The owner knows that they'll say no, but they're almost pissed at him for the level of low ball.

8 for Chicharito?
15 for Lavezzi?
17 for Jovetic?

If I'm any one of those teams, I want a lot more than that. In this context it really makes the agreed upon Osvaldo fee seem absurd.
Source: http://www.football-italia.net/53579/juve-await-news-three-bids via tuttosport (grain of salt)

That person was less annoying than that guy who would look and stare at your cards, hover over you enviously, but whose parents couldn't afford to buy them cards (AC MILAN).

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Beppe Marotta is like that kid in grade school who would offer you insulting deals for your quality trading cards (hockey, pokemon, whatever).
Example:
"I'll give you two Charmeleons for a Charizard."
etc etc

The owner knows that they'll say no, but they're almost pissed at him for the level of low ball.

8 for Chicharito?
15 for Lavezzi?
17 for Jovetic?

If I'm any one of those teams, I want a lot more than that. In this context it really makes the agreed upon Osvaldo fee seem absurd.
Source: http://www.football-italia.net/53579/juve-await-news-three-bids via tuttosport (grain of salt)

That person was less annoying than that guy who would look and stare at your cards, hover over you enviously, but whose parents couldn't afford to buy them cards (AC MILAN).
Chicharito is worth ~€10-12m IMO..
I think €15m for Lavezzi is totally fair. Lavezzi should maximum be worth €17m.
Jovetic is worth ~€22m so we just start low..

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
He was injured, didn't play regularly, even when on field he was disappointing. Therefore flop.

As for Sanchez, Barca would have sold him last year for 25-30m, but no one was interested.
I don't really think it's 100% his fault.
Disclaimer: He is injury prone and that definitely needs to factor into his valuation.
but:
1) He started off immediately by getting injured
2) He only played 13 matches with 11 being fielded as a substitute.
3) He ended off well with 3 goals and 1 assist in his last 8 matches, which sounds pedestrian, but he did it in 195 minutes, which is ~2.2 90 minute game equivalents.

I'd take him a heartbeat, but I'd definitely want to include variable wages/transfer fees based on injuries.

- - - Updated - - -

Chicharito is worth ~€10-12m IMO..
I think €15m for Lavezzi is totally fair. Lavezzi should maximum be worth €17m.
Jovetic is worth ~€22m so we just start low..
Usually transfers involve premiums, at least in today's transfer market.
He's offering them anywhere between (by your valuation) 11-33% discounts or by transfermarkt's valuations anywhere between 28%-50% discounts.
That's not going to get anyone to bite.

Examples (using Transfermkt's valuations)
Sanchez: 35 million pounds = ~44 million euros, which is a 46% premium over his 30 million euro value.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Jovetic is incredibly gifted. If there weren't his injuries he'd be an absolute gem to have and he could turn into one of the finest SS in the game.

Loaning him at this point would be great IMO.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I don't really think it's 100% his fault.
Disclaimer: He is injury prone and that definitely needs to factor into his valuation.
but:
1) He started off immediately by getting injured
2) He only played 13 matches with 11 being fielded as a substitute.
3) He ended off well with 3 goals and 1 assist in his last 8 matches, which sounds pedestrian, but he did it in 195 minutes, which is ~2.2 90 minute game equivalents.

I'd take him a heartbeat, but I'd definitely want to include variable wages/transfer fees based on injuries.
He'd be fantastic signing if it weren't for his frequent injuries. When he was in Fiorentina he spent full 2008/09 season injured, after that every year for a few months he'd be plagued with injuries. Last year at City most of the season he struggled. Too risky imho and not worth more than 20m.

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
He'd be fantastic signing if it weren't for his frequent injuries. When he was in Fiorentina he spent full 2008/09 season injured, after that every year for a few months he'd be plagued with injuries. Last year at City most of the season he struggled. Too risky imho and not worth more than 20m.
Beps should suggest 25 million, 3 year instalments with variable pay based on games played.

If he misses 50% of games in a given year that instalment get's sliced by 50%.

Ie: if he repeated this year: 13/38 x 25/3 = Juve's annual payment would only be 2.85M

He could do a similar thing with wages (but performance related). You don't want to do games played because then players play not to get injured. That happened to a player on my favourite Ice Hockey Team a few years back.

GrecoJuve

May 19, 2014
One year before, i was surely that our new ''10'' could be deservedly Jovetic. One year later i don't know what i want from him. Loan with logic option could be a fine deal for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 77)