Wishlist and General Juve mercato talk (2014-15) (79 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
We play it safe by buying bench players for more or less our entire budget, and then say lets wait to save for next summer, to buy more quantity?
People are not aware that we've been doing that for years. It's always quantity ahead of quality.

Yet people always say next summer we're signing 1-2 players who are top quality :lol:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Thats what its looking like to be our target for rest of the mercato, we get likes of Pereyra, and then say we are looking for backup attacker and perhaps defender (why?), and wops our budget is finito so speriamo for next summer again. Thats what we heard last summer too (quantity over quality for years when it comes to this ludicrous focus on the Serie A market), except we actually did well improving our starting eleven last summer with Tevez, but now, when we need attacking presence in our midfield, we get what, Pereyra and our mercato is done? Thats laughable.

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
We play it safe by buying bench players for more or less our entire budget, and then say lets wait to save for next summer, to buy more quantity?
We still have all of our key player doesn't we? we aren't forced to sell our star bcause we're nearly bankrupt.
When we doesn't have money, we should bet on youth prospect, and long term project, hell even B.Munchen doesn't look pretty for +-10years, they playing save with youth investment, and they have long term project to compete.
All i'm saying is patience doesn't always make u the best team, still if u want to be a great team u need patience. Atleast we already face a grimm year before (i.e Serie B), so if our mercato will end like tis, i wouldnt really scared/pissed.

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
People are not aware that we've been doing that for years. It's always quantity ahead of quality.

Yet people always say next summer we're signing 1-2 players who are top quality :lol:
we will be doing that for a while with these owners

realistically we can only afford one and a half mega signings

assuming we have a solid enough squad to add them to

Jul 20, 2012
Everyone heard Marotta's comments yesterday regarding that they are looking for deals. Once we are in a financial position to splash the cash and not look for these deals, then we can all wish for Isco's and players on his level, however until this club makes a serious run in the champions league I doubt we will spend big.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
examples? that we can realistically afford considering we also hav some rotation players to swap in and swap out
I'm not asking for Sanchez types of deals every time, but atleast look for competent quality attacking midfielders, in the budget we were trying to get Iturbe for. There's plenty of fish to find outside Serie A that would be keen for a club in Juve's stature. To think we are settling with Pereyra because there's seriously no else better to get in the whole market that would fit our bill financially, is absolutely ludicrous notion. And I find it laughable to justify it like some are here, by saying some needless mantra like "next summer".

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Thats what its looking like to be our target for rest of the mercato, we get likes of Pereyra, and then say we are looking for backup attacker and perhaps defender (why?), and wops our budget is finito so speriamo for next summer again. Thats what we heard last summer too, except we actually did well improving our starting eleven back then, but now, when we need attacking presence in our midfield, we get what, Pereyra and our mercato is done? Thats laughable.
Pereyra is loaned this year and the cost of that is 1.5m, figure that is unlikely to impact this year's budget.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Pereyra is loaned this year and the cost of that is 1.5m. Figure that is unlikely to impact this year's budget.
It shouldnt, but his full cost will be 17m by next summer, and question is, why arent we looking for attacking midfielders after getting him, they seriously think someone like him is enough for starting AM, in a squad that is in dire need of quality in such a role (barely have backup, let alone starter, only promising future choice is Coman).

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
opportunity meaning the context of their current club situations. plus how much would u think each of those would go for?
This.
Not every player oun your list have Tevez situation bro :lol:

I'm not asking for Sanchez types of deals every time, but atleast look for competent quality attacking midfielders, in the budget we were trying to get Iturbe for. There's plenty of fish to find outside Serie A that would be keen for a club in Juve's stature. To think we are settling with Pereyra because there's seriously no else better to get in the whole market that would fit our bill financially, is absolutely ludicrous notion. And I find it laughable to justify it like some are here, by saying some needless mantra like "next summer".
Agreed, i'm not against pereyra signings, still i would love other good potential

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
We still have all of our key player doesn't we? we aren't forced to sell our star bcause we're nearly bankrupt.
When we doesn't have money, we should bet on youth prospect, and long term project, hell even B.Munchen doesn't look pretty for +-10years, they playing save with youth investment, and they have long term project to compete.
All i'm saying is patience doesn't always make u the best team, still if u want to be a great team u need patience. Atleast we already face a grimm year before (i.e Serie B), so if our mercato will end like tis, i wouldnt really scared/pissed.

Not scared or pissed but severely dissapointed. ESPECIALLY now that we dont have Conte anymore who ingrained us to play dominating/winning way without attacking midfielders. Now we are changing to a more limited coach who is going for 4-3-3/4-3-1-2, and to compensate for losing the system thats made the team tick for past 3 years, why not give him atleast ONE starting quality attacking midfielder (when ideally should have a few, for backup) wethers its centrally or on the wing, instead of hamstring ourselves by thinking likes of Marchisio or Pereyra will do in such a role...

Its really just limiting ourselves, for what, because we should be content to just keep our stars? Thats our goal?

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
It shouldnt, but his full cost will be 17m by next summer, and question is, why arent we looking for attacking midfielders after getting him, they seriously think someone like him is enough for starting AM, in a squad that is in dire need of quality in such a role (barely have backup, let alone starter, only promising future choice is Coman).
It will be 15m spread over 3 years, so it won't be detrimental.

Shaqiri seemed like a nice prospect and price would be realistic for us, but whether players wants to move is entirely different thing. Wouldn't write this off just yet.

We were close to signing Iturbe, even offered paying little over the top, stretching our limits a bit, but his agent wanted either to retain 30% of his contract or 10m. Very difficult operation.

Isco is unrealistic.

Lavezzi, could be an option, but he's getting kinda old and we'd very soon have another expensive player in our books, without resale value.

Griezman?

Jovetic? Injury prone.

I can't see many players available atm, but we'll have to wait and see I guess. Apart from obnoxiously rich clubs like Real and Barca, there weren't that many movements on the market, in the area that we should be looking to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 79)