Wishlist and General Juve mercato talk (2013-14) (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Imagine I'd the mercato was Neto/Subotic, Ibra, Coentrao, Jovetic/Nani/Ljajic. That's a ten. Not only because of the names, but the priority of positions too.

Oh well, the wish list. :)

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Asa is a really good LWB, is we stick to 3-5-2 we really don't need to change it, he will only get better and I believe he can stay as a permanent LWB , he is still new to the roll he will grow into it. We don't need to change him there are more important transfers that need to happen (striker, a new deep lying playmaker)

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Imagine I'd the mercato was Neto/Subotic, Ibra, Coentrao, Jovetic/Nani/Ljajic. That's a ten. Not only because of the names, but the priority of positions too.

Oh well, the wish list. :)
But can you give realistic grades based on a complete wish scenario where we have atleast 80m to spend without regarding the wages we'd have to dish up? If that's a 10 then you're going to go through life a very disappointed dude :D

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I think an LwB is paramount. Asa is a phenomenal football player, but he will always be compromised at LwB because he is not complete to play that position in an optimized manner. He is and will always be a CM, first and foremost.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I think an LwB is paramount. Asa is a phenomenal football player, but he will always be compromised at LwB because he is not complete to play that position in an optimized manner. He is and will always be a CM, first and foremost.
He has 5 goals and 12 assists in all competitions - if that is not an optimized manner then I really don't care. It's far better than what you can expect from a wingback.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Yeah, but he can still play at Lwb and do a good job, id rather splash the cash on a clinical striker and a playmaker than a Lwb, we have to prioritize our signings, if we spend big bucks on a lwb instead of a striker or young playmaker then that's a pretty stupid move.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
But can you give realistic grades based on a complete wish scenario where we have atleast 80m to spend without regarding the wages we'd have to dish up? If that's a 10 then you're going to go through life a very disappointed dude :D
The fact that this will not happen, is not because it is impossible. It won't happen because we won't prirotise our mercato resources well enough, and will not be able to sell at a decent level.

Neto:8m
Ibra:15m
Coentrao: 20m
Nani/Jojo/Ljajic: 15m/15m plus Matri and half of Marrone/10m

58m.

Seeing the number of people we have on our books that we will sell, and losing the likes of Iaquinta's 3m wages, do you think this is an 80m unrealistic scenario? Like you, I don't think it'll happen. But some of that is down to the fact that we will be all over the place, buying people like Diamanti and looking at Bonera on a free who will have hardly any effect when needed and almost 0 resale value.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I won't even bother with you, I'll just leave you with this.

On top of that 58m - which insanely optimistic - we're adding following wages (if what's being reported is anywhere near the truth)

Llorente 4,5m * 4 years
Ibrahimovic 6m * 3 years
Coentrao 4,5 * I don't know how long
Nani/Jojo 4,5 * 4 years or Ljajic for 3m * 4 years.

Now my question is: Are you friggin insane. They will cost atleast 70-75m with bonuses and on top of that those wages? Did Sheik Crapsamoney purchase us recently?

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
'
I won't even bother with you, I'll just leave you with this.

On top of that 58m - which insanely optimistic - we're adding following wages (if what's being reported is anywhere near the truth)

Llorente 4,5m * 4 years
Ibrahimovic 6m * 3 years
Coentrao 4,5 * I don't know how long
Nani/Jojo 4,5 * 4 years or Ljajic for 3m * 4 years.

Now my question is: Are you friggin insane. They will cost atleast 70-75m with bonuses and on top of that those wages? Did Sheik Crapsamoney purchase us recently?
You do realize that a growing football club looking to challenge in Europe is going to be paying those kind of wages at some point in their success cycle? 4.5m wages are by no means unacceptable. And let's not forget the boost in income the club will receive when winning along the way. When signing these players, you'll also be giving up on guys like Iaquinta, and a couple of high earning forwards in the team, like Vucinic/Gio and/or Quag/Matri. These guys are not coming in addition to our wages. They will be replacements and that's where there will be a raise in the wage structure, but a nominal percentage to target success in Europe, as is our ambition.

Also, you'll be mistaken to think that the kind of profiles guys like Ibra, Nani and Jojo have, they will pay you back off the field too, with their merchandise sales etc. I don't see how this doesn't work to be honest.

May 4, 2004
If you want to be like Bayern, you have to move in the mercato like Bayern. That would mean, not just spending money, but spending it wisely. Something we clearly haven't done in the past. The resources are there, and yet we don't optimise them.
Exactly. Just look how cheap they got Shaqiri, Dante and Mandzukic. Yes I know they payed a lot for Martinez, but than again they went "all in" for him as they wanted him badly. Now for their new season, unless Guardiola goes crazy, they don't really need to buy lots of new players with all the quality they have.

We need to start buying 3 quality players instead of 7 squad players.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Zlatan alone will earn as much as Iaq + Vucinic + Matri :D . We don't have that kind of money now ffs.
And sell more shirts than 3 of them combined. Juve have not had a star forward in a long time. That is the one position that sells jersys faster than you can say immaculate confection. And please for the love of god stop believing we don't have the money. :sergio:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
If you want to be like Bayern, you have to move in the mercato like Bayern. That would mean, not just spending money, but spending it wisely. Something we clearly haven't done in the past. The resources are there, and yet we don't optimise them.
We aren't in a similar position to Bayern and we probably never will be, but in 3-4 years there will hopefully be something more similar than the gap we have now.

In short if we have an extra €100m per season we can afford to put that €40m for one player per year and start paying top players €6m-€10m each. Over a couple of years that is covered. But by the time we match the current turnover of these clubs they will probably be another €100m ahead and salaries will be €15m, because money is spiraling out of control with foreign investment.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
We aren't in a similar position to Bayern and we probably never will be, but in 3-4 years there will hopefully be something more similar than the gap we have now.

In short if we have an extra €100m per season we can afford to put that €40m for one player per year and start paying top players €6m-€10m each. Over a couple of years that is covered. But by the time we match the current turnover of these clubs they will probably be another €100m ahead and salaries will be €15m, because money is spiraling out of control with foreign investment.

I think he meant to be a bit more thoughtful with investing players. Whatever the club considers to be a large investment, they should try and make sure the player is worth it and the position is a priority. You very rarely see Bayern make a sizable investment and it not work out. Like Isla for example; 18 million invested over two seasons, why? Juve needed help on the left and up front, so they make an major investment on the right. Didn't seem like a wise purchase at the time, still doesn't now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)