Wishlist and General Juve mercato talk (2013-14) (49 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
[NON-REALISTIC-POST]

In:
CB-Sorensen
CAM-Pastore/De Bruyne
RW-Di María/Nani
LB-Marcelo/Coentrao/Schmelzer
SS-Jovetic

Out:
Quagliarella
De Ceglie

Buffon/Storari
Lichsteiner/Cáceres-Barzagli/Sorensen-Chiellini/Bonucci-Marcelo/Peluso
Vidal/Marchisio/Pirlo-Pogba/Asamoah/Pirlo
Di María/Pepe-Pastore/Pirlo/Giovinco-Jovetic/Vucinic
Llorente/Matri

[/NON-REALISTIC-POST]

That's the only way I can see the 4-2-3-1 happening :D

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Whatever it takes to win the game.

Juve did step back away to Bologna when Bologna made a fast start and were pressing hard.

Juve let them tire themselves out and picked them off.

I've said on various occasions through the season that I thought Juve could do with having less possession in certain games.

Think back to the game Juve lost to Roma:

Juve had heaps of possession, but they weren't creating chances. All Juve's possession was resulting in was counter-attacking opportunies for Roma.

I'd have pulled Juve back and let Roma have some of the ball. That may or may not have increased the chances of Juve scoring, but it would at least have allowed Juve to defend in an organised manner instead of continually trying to deal with counter-attacks.
but I didn't see juve ever into constant defending mode for over 75 minutes against lower half serie a teams, juve didn't even do that against upper half serie a teams.

big difference.

and you actually gave an important example there, the game between roma - juve; that is actually the best example to contrast between calm intentional tactical defending with unintentional panic defending 'cause you went into a match with an utterly wrong approach :D

roma brilliantly neutralized juve, limiting juve from creating chances; juve didn't neutralize celtic, the fact that celtic was able to launch many crosses was the proof for that, whether or not celtic was ultimately able to score is quite irrelevant here.

and it all came from the oblivious tactical deficiency from 3 man defense and single wing each flank system against double wing each flank system.

another irony is that the game versus roma actually highlighted another critical concern over this 3-5-2 system, as some said, in offense, it is one man less, it lacks any penetration from the middle and finally the wing is easily neutralized.

if we only get llorente, it won't help much.

as for those who said "why should we abandon our 3 man defense?", it's stupid argument really, football is won by scoring more goals than the opposition, not preventing opposition from scoring goals; ability to keep clean sheet should be a bonus than an aim.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
We had the players to play this formation this year too, but we didn't.

And Pirlo as trequartista? What kind of sorcery is this?
Not quite a Trequartista, just a little ahead of both Vidal and March/Pogba. He's no good defensively anyway. So it might turn into a 4-3-3.

Instead of having most of our attacks start from Pirlo all the way from the back, we'd have Vidal and Pogba to do that instead, Pirlo would be that connection between the defense mid and the strikers. He can't run, can't defend but can still pass like a god. So i think it'd be worth a try if we are to use what to have to make a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 work.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Pirlo can't play up the field. Space gets closed much faster and he'll be marked by midfielders, possibly DMs, instead of forwards, which is much worse for him.

Also, he has no pace to make runs or support strikers. Useless.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
What do you think about that @chester? You and Fuck Buddy are probably the two most qualified individuals to assess how he'd perform here, as you also have the benefit of seeing him suit up for Belgium.

May 22, 2007
This. We have far too much quality there to try and force a formation with only 2. Besides, we don't even have the quality to properly fill those 'forward 4', let alone have anything remotely close to decent depth.

I really like the 4-2-3-1, but that's not going to happen. Put your money on a 3-5-2 and depending on who we end up signing the occasional 4-3-3.
:tup: The strong depth comes from Juve being able to use Pogba as an alternative to the starters.

As you in think we'll only play a 3-5-2? 3-4-3?
No, 4-3-3 perhaps now Pepe has returned. 3-5-2 will probably remain. Formations that allow 3 in the middle.

It isn't difficult to imagine Chiellini used at left back occasionally.

The changes in formation with extra forwards might be used in desperate times, but Conte has a nice balance with his current defense and midfield.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
What do you think about that @chester? You and Fuck Buddy are probably the two most qualified individuals to assess how he'd perform here, as you also have the benefit of seeing him suit up for Belgium.
I think he is better then Bonucci.
He is a leader on the pitch, experienced (EPL, NT, CL).
I'd welcome him and have confidence he'll do well in SerieA.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
I do hope he comes and leaves his injury problems behind. For me he is better than Bonucci when he is fit and confident.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
:shocked: Mighty praise bestowed upon the Belgian there. Are you sure there isn't a hint of bias in your assessment? :D Nah! I trust your analysis/evaluation of the player, and if he does joins us, I am sure he will do well :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)