Wishlist and General Juve mercato talk (2012-13) Part 2 (171 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
This discussion never leads anywhere, (what ever i post will be criticised to death, like before) but there is only one certainty, Marotta is not competent enough for the job.
As for the difficulty of replacing him, it shouldnt be as hard, judging by the performance of other better than average Italian teams, for ex, Udine forcing us to overpay, Parma forcing us give a fortune to take our player back, Napoli winning us on the chaces for the Inlers and Pandevs, Fiorentina owning us in all these deals and generlly see all the Romas and Lazios, Milans able to find their Osvaldos, Kloses and El Swaraawys and us failing to secure anything better than Borriellos/Bendtners... despite them being obviously in an overall inferior position than we are.

There is a striking weakness there...
Cassano, Pazzini while in Sampdoria. But really how do you judge his competency? On failing to bring WC forward while we were marginal European team until this season? We have the best defence and one of the best midfields in Europe. We've won title after six years and are one of the major forces in Europe once again.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Do you deny the fact that we now are in a much better situation to hire a more competent manager, than the desperate situation, we were when we got Marotta?
Then why settle for lesss? He has obviously reached his limit/max potential, he offered what he could, thanx and GB!
Here is a question for you.

Look at the progression that has been made in the last three years with this club, with Marotta, COnte, et al at the helm. Knowing full well that everyone form Conte to Marotta to Nedved, to Agnelli, have repeatedly stated that this is a total effort in regards to bringing the best team on the pitch.

Why, for the love of all that is good, would you want to break up that harmony and progression? Why would you want to do that?

Oh, and one more thing. In regards to your absolutely stupid last sentence.

IF "Offering what he could" means two possible consecutive scudettos, a possible birth in the final 8 in the CL, making a younger, deeper, more atheltic squad, with balanced books, then you know what? I'll FUCKING TAKE IT, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
You're dodging the question.
Never, ever in this forum such an answer led anywhere.
In the past i ve given names, someone will pick one, find an excuse why this wouldnt happen and try to proove the whole notion as being unjust.

There are many options there, former Juventini like Neddy, retired coaches like Lippi, Napoli's, Lazios Udines etc managers would would like to step up.
It is not our choice, our board and Conte should decide, my point is that the current option, we were forced to make in desperate condition is proved incompetent and should be replaced.
It is a good moment to replace him now, because we are stable and much more stronger!

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
In the past i ve given names, someone will pick one, find an excuse why this wouldnt happen and try to proove the whole notion as being unjust.

There are many options there, former Juventini like Neddy, retired coaches like Lippi, Napoli's, Lazios Udines etc managers would would like to step up.
It is not our choice, our board and Conte should decide, my point is that the current option, we were forced to make in desperate condition is proved incompetent and should be replaced.
It is a good moment to replace him now, because we are stable and much more stronger!
And who takes a credit for that?

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Cassano, Pazzini while in Sampdoria. But really how do you judge his competency? On failing to bring WC forward while we were marginal European team until this season? We have the best defence and one of the best midfields in Europe. We've won title after six years and are one of the major forces in Europe once again.
Not failing to bring a WC finisher, failing to bring at least a Klose class, heck anything above Borriello and Bendtner class.

As for the reasons they are plenty, in my previous long posts you can find a part of them, i can name even more and go in an extensive discussion for each and any one you would like.
I have many reasons to consider him incompetent and i judge by his actual work, not by the our current our previous coaches work...

And who takes a credit for that?
The one who singlehandedly have changed us within a year from an average serie A bunch of players, with loser mentality, into a winning machine!

I believe that thetransfer manager's works ends when the season starts, the miracle coming after i all upon the coaches and players shoulders!

I am not saying that Marotta is Secco class, far from it, i was asking for Secco's head more than everyone in this forum, while everyone was defending him, as they do defend Marotta now.
But Marotta's potential has been spent, he has reached his limit.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

Yes, because Nedved has all the experience in the world to become a DS. Or better yet Lippi, who stated that he had absolutely no say on the players that were brought to him.

And I'm sure that Napoli's, Lazio's, and Udinese's directors have the experience now to handle a big club. Considering that not one of them have any of that type of experience. SO what you are saying is that you are willing to take a step BACKWARDS just to suit your agenda.

- - - Updated - - -

Not failing to bring a WC finisher, failing to bring at least a Klose class, heck anything above Borriello and Bendtner class.

As for the reasons they are plenty, in my previous long posts you can find a part of them, i can name even more and go in an extensive discussion for each and any one you would like.
I have many reasons to consider him incompetent and i judge by his actual work, not by the our current our previous coaches work...
For the second time in less than an hour.

QUAG AND MATRI. Unless for some reason you don't rate them any higher than Borriello and Bendtner, then in that case, I don't know what to tell you.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Do you deny the fact that we now are in a much better situation to hire a more competent manager, than the desperate situation, we were when we got Marotta?
Then why settle for lesss? He has obviously reached his limit/max potential, he offered what he could, thanx and GB!
So who should replace him now that Juve are in a position to get someone better?

Who's mercato particularly impressed you in Serie A in the summer?

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
The one who singlehandedly have changed us within a year from an average serie A bunch of players, with loser mentality, into a winning machine!
Who brought Conte and do you admit mistakes in your judgment of Conte last year?

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Along with Marotta.
I believe that the transfer manager's works ends when the season starts, the miracle coming after i all upon the coaches and players shoulders!

I am not saying that Marotta is Secco class, far from it, i was asking for Secco's head more than everyone in this forum, while everyone was defending him, as they do defend Marotta now.
But Marotta's potential has been spent, he has reached his limit.
Transfer managers work is never done. When the season starts he's evaluating potential players for the next transfer campaign, making contacts with their agent and so on. He provided Conte with the right players. I'm just saying it was a group work from Marotta, Conte, Parattici, Nedved similarly like you can't single out one player from this Juventus. Everyone played their part.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
:lol2:

Arguing with Cronios....that's so last decade for me....just let it go, let him be, once he stops getting the attention he will stop.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Who brought Conte and do you admit mistakes in your judgment of Conte last year?
The board make the picks and their criteria is being cheap (both in salary and player demands) and manouvrable, someone who be easily manipulated and then thrown away as the scapegoat if anything goes wrong.

I grew up with Conte being our leader, is heart led us forward many times andwe have won things we wouldnt without him.
I wanted him to suceed, but when the time was right, i didnt want any risks for either him, or us at this particular moment.
He has performed a miracle, the odds were against him, for many reasons, but at any case he was a wild card and when you play a wild card, it means that you are desperate enough and wouldnt hesitate to burn it.
It didnt want that risk, esp then, esp with that odds, esp for that person.
I didnt want him to become the new DD and Ferrara. I still think it was the wisest stance, for both of our stakes to delay the marriage for a later stage, up untill at least he was experienced in serie A, at least for a season!
Conte himself has admitted that he was forced to mature as a coach in serie A within a year, as in many years in serie B.
I have explained my stance about this in great detail and as i still hate riscs, this is a standard stance of mine, as i dont believe in fairy tales.
Well we do live in a fairy tale, we hit the jackpot with Conte, but not because our incompetent board are quite the experts, they just took like another wild risk, as they have did before.
They have risked driving us even deeper in the league stands and risked destroying Conte's coaching carrier forever.

So who should replace him now that Juve are in a position to get someone better?

Who's mercato particularly impressed you in Serie A in the summer?
Red we had this discussion before and i did mentioned a few names, but it came to a stall, so for the moment, i insist that the important thing is to realise we need to change the man, if we dont agree with that, then there is no reason to waste times with the possible candidades again, that only divert the discussion from the clear and present danger.

In te past i have agreed that our incompetent would bring a new Secco and i tolerated his presence, but at this moment, there are no more excuses left for Marotta, this shouldnt be debatable for anyone watching Juve in the past 5 years, but unfortunately it is, so this is the important matter at hand.
And as for this fight i am alone vs a majority who settles with compromises, i am not the appropriate member at this particularly moment to propose yet again a new list of candidades.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Red we had this discussion before and i did mentioned a few names, but it came to a stall, so for the moment, i insist that the important thing is to realise we need to change the man, if we dont agree with that, then there is no reason to waste times with the possible candidades again, that only divert the discussion from the clear and present danger.
LOL. Are you just hoping that people refrain from reading your nonsense :lol: ?

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
The board make the picks and their criteria is being cheap (both in salary and player demands) and manouvrable, someone who be easily manipulated and then thrown away as the scapegoat if anything goes wrong.
Maybe at Milan where Berlusconi is pulling all the strings but not here. The board usually picks a coach who they believe will succeed and get the job done no matter of his price. There were more expensive coaches out there and more experienced ones but that doesn't guarantee you a success. The goal of this management was to bring someone who experienced success with juventus and who will know how to pass it to players. Why do you think we made such a spectacle on our stadium inauguration? We wanted to remind players but also the rivals what Juventus represent as many of them had forgotten it. No matter how you spin this Marotta has shown his capabilities numerous times and this summer when he finally brings big name in attack I hope that will satisfy you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 170)