Wishlist and General Juve mercato talk (2011-12) (122 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
Essien sure has these attitude problems, according to the reasons he's leaving. And the injuries, but I don't think it's wise to write off such a big player like him already. Just remember that Juventus is so great this season vastly because of the 'reborn' of two legends... supposedly past it last summer. And I was suggesting him for depth/rotation and depending on the wages, ofc.

to clarify juve style or juve material as often is used here, does not mean play style, but rather mentality. he has a winning mentality and that is something that this club needs.

you may think he disappears in big games, yet he always shows up against us, and he always scores against us. yeah he can be inconsistent, but the comparison with marchisio is off i think. we don't need a player that shows up in big games anyway, because the other 10 players on the pitch usually do.

i disagree about marchisio being good enough. you don't just play 4 games a season against milan and inter to decide the league, there are the other 34 games a season which marchisio doesn't show up for. that's where hamsik is better

---------- Post added 23.02.2012 at 12:27 ----------

really? we don't need a midfielder that can score AND create chances? he has 6 goals and 7 assits in 24 games, and that's playing for a shit serie b side like napoli. imagine what he would do as a box to box midfielder with the likes of pirlo and vucinic for support.
No, we don't need a midfielder like that because we already have Marchisio AND Giaccherini for it. While having much bigger needs in attack.

And you, sir, are trolling.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Yes, Giaccherini is starter material, that's exactly what I said. And we don't need an attacker to replace the names you mentioned, you got it all right. :rolleyes:
giac is not starter material , but decent bench material
marchisio on the other hand is starter material

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
that is your point though. that we don't need hamsik because we have marchisio. sand not sure where why you bring giach here. as if hamsik is not better than both giach and marchisio combined. you compare a sure starter to two bench type players.

we should always be looking to UPGRADE over what we have. THAT is big club mentality. do you think barca or madrid would miss out on signings a great player just because they have similar players in the same position?

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
that is your point though. that we don't need hamsik because we have marchisio. sand not sure where why you bring giach here. as if hamsik is not better than both giach and marchisio combined. you compare a sure starter to two bench type players.

we should always be looking to UPGRADE over what we have. THAT is big club mentality. do you think barca or madrid would miss out on signings a great player just because they have similar players in the same position?
No, sir, that's a sheik club mentality. Like I already said, we have other positions to improve.

I brought Giacch into the mix because he proves that we don't even lack depth for that role. And whether Hamsik is better than Marchisio or not, your opinion is completely acceptable. Just not a fact. ;)

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Throw money towards Lavezzi and Rossi. Screw Ramirez and Giovinco. :)

Lavezzi 30M, Rossi 20M. = 50M

Lavezzi - Rossi - Vucinic
Pepe - Quagliarella - Giaccherini

If we have cash leftover, buy a midfielder backup and a CB/LB backup.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
No, sir, that's a sheik club mentality. Like I already said, we have other positions to improve.

I brought Giacch into the mix because he proves that we don't even lack depth for that role. And whether Hamsik is better than Marchisio or not, your opinion is completely acceptable. Just not a fact. ;)
not opinion, but fact. stats don't lie

marchisio 2011-212 stats : 22 games 6 goals and 2 assists
hamsik 2011-2012 stats: 24 games 6 goals and 7 assists

marchisio 2010-2011 : 32 games 4 goals and 4 assists
hamsik 2010-2011: 36 games 11 goals and 6 assists

marchisio 2009-2010: 27 games 3 goals and 2 assists
hamsik 2009-2010: 37 games 12 goals and 5 assists

marchisio 2008-2009: 20 games 3 goals and 2 assists
hamisk 2008-2009: 31 games 9 goals and 6 assists

marchisio 2007-2008: 22 games 0 goals and 2 assists
hamsik 2007-2008: 34 games 9 goals and 3 assists

please do show us your next excuse over why marchisio is a better player than hamsik and why we don't need him.

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Watching Chelsea the other day it surely looked like Essien has lost his legs. Didn't help that Napoli were all over them (Chelsea, not the legs) either.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
not opinion, but fact. stats don't lie

marchisio 2011-212 stats : 22 games 6 goals and 2 assists
hamsik 2011-2012 stats: 24 games 6 goals and 7 assists

marchisio 2010-2011 : 32 games 4 goals and 4 assists
hamsik 2010-2011: 36 games 11 goals and 6 assists

marchisio 2009-2010: 27 games 3 goals and 2 assists
hamsik 2009-2010: 37 games 12 goals and 5 assists

marchisio 2008-2009: 20 games 3 goals and 2 assists
hamisk 2008-2009: 31 games 9 goals and 6 assists

marchisio 2007-2008: 22 games 0 goals and 2 assists
hamsik 2007-2008: 34 games 9 goals and 3 assists

please do show us your next excuse over why marchisio is a better player than hamsik and why we don't need him.
uhhh
hamsik plays closer to goal so what's your point ?
and napoli last years has been a much more organised team than us so everybody performed better

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
uhhh
hamsik plays closer to goal so what's your point ?
and napoli last years has been a much more organised team than us so everybody performed better
hamsik didn't always play this close to the goal. for bresica and first few season for napoli he was a a central box to box mdifielder.

Hamsik and Marchisio shouldn't be compared, they have different roles.
I didn't really compare them initially. it was juventine who quoted me and said that we already have marchisio.

---------- Post added 23.02.2012 at 14:27 ----------

Looks like Hamsik has been declining over the last 3 years while Cheesio's improving.
he's not declining.

he simply isn't the main player of napoli anymore.

now they have (improved) Lavezzi and Cavani so he doesn't have the same responsibilites he did before.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Hamsik can easily cover the MC spot and play Marchisio's role, I see no reason why those can't be compared.

With our current midfield and youth that we have I certainly wouldn't go after Hamsik, or any other MC that's on that level (or expensive). Right winger and striker should be our priority. If we 'fix' that we should try to fix our defense a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 118)