Wishlist and General Juve mercato talk (2011-12) (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Torres to Juve this summer...if City two of Lavezzi/Cavani/Higuain they will get rid of a striker, probably Dzeko, but hopefully Aguero, we'll battle Real for el Kun and hopefully get him. In the mean time sell/don't take up the option for Boriello, Del Piero signs on as a director. We sign a good young defender (Hoewdes/Hummels etc)

Juve 2012/13

-----------------------Buffon------------------
------Barzagli------Hummels------Chiellini-------
Lichsteiner--------------------------------Caceres
-----------Pirlo-------------Marchisio---------
---------------Vidal------------------
-------Aguero----------Torres---------

Subs:
-Storari
-Bonucci
-De Ceglie/Estigarribia
-Pogba
-Pepe/Giaccherini
-Quagliarella/Vucinic
-Matri

Juventine

Little Witch
Jul 11, 2008
it's amazing people want lavezzi, yet our problem is that we can't finish chances

agreed about the identity, but Hamsik is a Juve style player. We should get David Villa to compliment our attack
Recently when the opponents shut down the space, we didn't create many "real" chances at all. We made many attempts on goal but most of them are not good chances. Our best opportunities were created by Pirlo, not by our players on the 3/4 part of the pitch (especially when Vucinic was not in his day), which shows how badly we are in need of players who can dribble in tight space and/or make acurate killer passes. Though I agree with you that Lavezzi is not the answer for our attack.

About Hamsik, what do you mean "a Juve style player"? He doesn't possess the elegance, creativity and skills of a Juve style playmaker (Sivori, Platini, Laudrup, Zidane and Del Piero) nor does he have the spirit of players such as Nedved, Tardelli and etc. He disappers on many important matches. And where will you put him on the pitch? In Napoli he plays trequartista and in a team that plays counter-attack football. When the opponents shut down the space, he doesn't offer that extra thing that the team needs, no dribbling, no creative passes. What he does is similar to Marchisio and Marchisio is good enough for Juve and has Juve spirit. Why should we buy another similar player with good sum of money? Hamsik is a good player. If he played in Milan, he'd have shone with Ibra who can create so much space for the teammates. But what we need is someone who can create space.

As to Nedved, would Nedved still praise Hamsik so highly if he were not from Slovakia? Nedved recommened to us Grygera after all. I don't trust what he says about players from his region anyway.

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
He'd probably fit that Nedved/Tardelli category when he means "Juve style", but we don't need him lol.

And I just read Essien is leaving Chelsea. Would certainly love to have him here, depending on the wages.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Recently when the opponents shut down the space, we didn't create many "real" chances at all. We made many attempts on goal but most of them are not good chances. Our best opportunities were created by Pirlo, not by our players on the 3/4 part of the pitch (especially when Vucinic was not in his day), which shows how badly we are in need of players who can dribble in tight space and/or make acurate killer passes. Though I agree with you that Lavezzi is not the answer for our attack.

About Hamsik, what do you mean "a Juve style player"? He doesn't possess the elegance, creativity and skills of a Juve style playmaker (Sivori, Platini, Laudrup, Zidane and Del Piero) nor does he have the spirit of players such as Nedved, Tardelli and etc. He disappers on many important matches. And where will you put him on the pitch? In Napoli he plays trequartista and in a team that plays counter-attack football. When the opponents shut down the space, he doesn't offer that extra thing that the team needs, no dribbling, no creative passes. What he does is similar to Marchisio and Marchisio is good enough for Juve and has Juve spirit. Why should we buy another similar player with good sum of money? Hamsik is a good player. If he played in Milan, he'd have shone with Ibra who can create so much space for the teammates. But what we need is someone who can create space.

As to Nedved, would Nedved still praise Hamsik so highly if he were not from Slovakia? Nedved recommened to us Grygera after all. I don't trust what he says about players from his region anyway.
to clarify juve style or juve material as often is used here, does not mean play style, but rather mentality. he has a winning mentality and that is something that this club needs.

you may think he disappears in big games, yet he always shows up against us, and he always scores against us. yeah he can be inconsistent, but the comparison with marchisio is off i think. we don't need a player that shows up in big games anyway, because the other 10 players on the pitch usually do.

i disagree about marchisio being good enough. you don't just play 4 games a season against milan and inter to decide the league, there are the other 34 games a season which marchisio doesn't show up for. that's where hamsik is better

---------- Post added 23.02.2012 at 12:27 ----------

He'd probably fit that Nedved/Tardelli category when he means "Juve style", but we don't need him lol.

really? we don't need a midfielder that can score AND create chances? he has 6 goals and 7 assits in 24 games, and that's playing for a shit serie b side like napoli. imagine what he would do as a box to box midfielder with the likes of pirlo and vucinic for support.

JuveA88

Oct 5, 2003
About Lavezzi, I agree that he is best when having space to run in, but he also has energi and tracks back like Pepe AND even though we mostly play on the opponents third half, we do still have contras where we often lack pace.
Therefore I still see Lavezzi as our best option on the RW.
However, on the LW we need someone who can unlock the opponents tight/deep defences - a player that can pass and dribble - I am not sure who would be our perfect fit, but I would like to follow Jovetic/Ramirez and even Gio - I think they may be the best/most realistic options, but I don´t know them well enough. Can someone elaborate who they seem as the perfect creative LW and why?

As CF - Cavani would be awesome, but highly unlikely that Napoli will sell / Cavani wants to come.
If we manage to get Lavezzi and a creative LW I would settle for young/cheap-ish CF

Cavani ≥ Lavezzi > Hamsik

IMO Hamsik ≥ Marchisio, but not enough worth the effort/$ or the type we need as LW - He is more of a Marchisio-replacement, which is far from a tranfer-priority

Anyhow, just my opinion(s):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)