Wishlist and General Juve mercato talk (2011-12) (25 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
chiellini is no way our best cb
our best cb is barzagli
chiellini is 1/5 of barzagli
Chiellini's ceiling of ability is that of a top five CB in Europe. We've seen it before. We can see it again. It's that simple. To say he's 1/5th of Barzagli is insulting and downright untrue. You know this, I'm sure.

I'm a fan of Barzagli, but be serious, his renaissance with us now is easily the best football he's played in his career (he's been on my radar since he joined Palermo and was deemed "one for the future" and all that).

How long can it really last, I wonder. If he's reached his peak and stays this way? Great for us all around.

even bonucci is a better cb than chiellini right now there are at the same level but in the near future you will see for yourself bonucci has been growing from match to match
bonucci has made errors that is true , but chiellini has made the same errors + chiellini's legs are not serie a legs i am not saying that he should be thiago silva but even in lega pro it would be hard playing with those legs he has a great physique and that is his strong point but apart from that he is in no way a good cb and he has been demostrating that for quite some time
i like his spirit it is the right spirit fights for every ball and never surrenders but his legs are embarrasing and he is not that inteligent either
You're just going crazy trying to denigrate Chiellini for the sake of it here. Bonucci better than him? In what universe? Bonucci's never even shown himself to have great potential. This is the same guy that was outshone by Ranocchia at Bari, merely being his partner's solid assistant. Right now? He's so error-prone I thought the name on his shirt read Boumsong. How many goals has he single-handedly cost us? Five or six? More? He's been an unmitigated disaster this season and is only in the starting line due to the absence of a proper LB (as demonstrated before Conte lost patience with De Ceglie) and an unwillingness to gamble on Sorensen due to his age. By "growing from match to match" I assume you're referring to, I don't know, his one very good match? That it was the most recent one is telling, too, since people only seem to remember the absolute latest form. Short memories and what not.

What does Bonucci have that Chiellini doesn't? Physical ability? No. Intelligence, positioning or reading of the game? Not especially. The unnecessary long pass? Okay. There's that.

Oh, and his most serious defect, that just happens to be one of the most important facets of a defender's game - a total incompetence in winning 1-v-1.

-edit. I forgot. He also cost us "25m"! Overpriced.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
Caceres would be a great buy! he's matured up into an excellent defender.he was great against real.
he can lock his side very well, and i think he can really help us.

I've read somewhere that chelski are looking to buy motta from us, maybe a swap deal with alex! how much truth is in that?
if true, that would be sweet!!

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Its fair enough to praise Barzagli for his brilliant form in the first half of the season, but to suggest that Chiellini, as a CB, is 1/5 of Barzagli, is madness. His tackling is up there with the world class defenders, and if we put him for sale, i have no doubts that the biggest teams in the world would chase his signature. He has also done rather well as our left back, even with those legs you keep referring to. And how you can suggest that Bonucci is a better CB than cheillini now, is beyond me, given that Chiellini has been playing LB for many games now. NOT because he was so poor at CB, not in the slightest, but because he is a much stronger LB than de ceglie, and also, Bonucci merited the chance to prove himself and be relied upon the middle.
Heh, I see you covered it already, mostly. Not enough Bonucci bashing for my taste, though.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
For Montolivo, it’s between us and Milan. We have Palombo and Montolivo in our plans for the bench, and if we have no plans for Appelt to be a vice-Pirlo in January, then we should go for both. We need back up.
I can see us having the advantage for Montolivo as Galliani seemingly pissed off Fiorentina with their attempts to nick him on a free behind the club's back.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Chiellini's ceiling of ability is that of a top five CB in Europe. We've seen it before. We can see it again. It's that simple. To say he's 1/5th of Barzagli is insulting and downright untrue. You know this, I'm sure.

I'm a fan of Barzagli, but be serious, his renaissance with us now is easily the best football he's played in his career (he's been on my radar since he joined Palermo and was deemed "one for the future" and all that).

How long can it really last, I wonder. If he's reached his peak and stays this way? Great for us all around.

You're just going crazy trying to denigrate Chiellini for the sake of it here. Bonucci better than him? In what universe? Bonucci's never even shown himself to have great potential. This is the same guy that was outshone by Ranocchia at Bari, merely being his partner's solid assistant. Right now? He's so error-prone I thought the name on his shirt read Boumsong. How many goals has he single-handedly cost us? Five or six? More? He's been an unmitigated disaster this season and is only in the starting line due to the absence of a proper LB (as demonstrated before Conte lost patience with De Ceglie) and an unwillingness to gamble on Sorensen due to his age. By "growing from match to match" I assume you're referring to, I don't know, his one very good match? That it was the most recent one is telling, too, since people only seem to remember the absolute latest form. Short memories and what not.

What does Bonucci have that Chiellini doesn't? Physical ability? No. Intelligence, positioning or reading of the game? Not especially. The unnecessary long pass? Okay. There's that.

Oh, and his most serious defect, that just happens to be one of the most important facets of a defender's game - a total incompetence in winning 1-v-1.

-edit. I forgot. He also cost us "25m"! Overpriced.
barzagli has never been at this levels but a lot in cb position comes with exp and i want to remind you that he has been a won a world championship with italy and he has played not starting eleven but has played half the matches and the first year at wolfsburg he won the budesliga
bonucci has been growing from match to match his last 2 matches were with no errors and if he cost us 4-5 goals than chiellini up to now has cost us 10 goals
you are not being objetive at all

and for game reading bonucci is better than chiellini as i said chiellini has not a great sense of positioning (maybe that comes because he is an adapted cb but well i cannot be sure about that)

and that unnececary long pass happens because he takes responsibility of playing the ball when pirlo is marked just so you know he sometimes gives balls that are not reachable but with exp he will learn and he will choose better where to send the ball his legs are much more educated than chiellini
also another reason why bonucci is better than chiellini at cb because he can be our regista of defense chiellini can't do it his tecnique the way he touches the ball is horryfying

now i am not saying that bonucci deserves to be at starting 11 i can name a lot of defenders that i would like in his place and sell him but if you compare him to chiellini i have no doubts in choosing

we will see how this will go next season if we don't buy a really good lb that means that conte doesn't see chiellini as a cb and if we buy a good lb we will see who will take the place at the left of barzagli

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
I can see us having the advantage for Montolivo as Galliani seemingly pissed off Fiorentina with their attempts to nick him on a free behind the club's back.
well from what i have read it seams that montolivio's girlfriend wants to go to milano and i think she was seen searching a house there althrough i don't know for wich of the milanesi he will sign
but not all is lost for us althrough with the europenas coming up i doubt he would prefer coming to us and staying on the bench

jussr

Jan 26, 2011
Montolivo,Caceres and Boriello. This is very nice for squad depth. I would be happy with this for the january mercato especially if there is no obligation with Caceres and Boriello.

jussr

Jan 26, 2011
Frey wasted his career. He had his chances, now he is on his way down. I hope the same doesn't happen to Handanovic. No disrespect to Udinese but he deserves the top European clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)