Wishlist and General Juve mercato talk (2011-12) (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
8 is pushing it. A lot of the purchases made have been unknowns, and the sale of Melo, acquiring the likes of Jokerini and that random Paraguayan dude (totally unnecessary purchases), and still failing to dispose of some of the deadwood, not to mention the Giovinco situation and false promises.

I give this Mercato a 6, perhaps a 6.5 if we do indeed acquire Afellay/Malouda and Bruno Alves.
:agree:
We have been promised great players and we didnt really got what we were promised
With the amount of $ we had for transfers I expected a lot more than that
Aguero even if he would cost more would have been a great signing amazing player +young. He will show his worth at City I have no doubt about it.
also as much as replacing Melo was needed (mentality) There are many other position more needed to strengthen

Our mercato should have been based on our weaknesses
We got a RB that is a good thing
LB- I`m not sure about Ziegler
CM playmaker type- Pirlo and we got him for free so that is great
LW- still nothing
CB- still nothing

We should have got another and better LB than Ziegler+ a great LW instead of settling for just another average or near average winger.
As for the CB as much as Alex Lugano or Alves are upgrades over Bonucci I expected us to go for a better defender

Overall I think we should have bought less players but more expensive ones (and better ones ofcourse)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
I think when Marotta said he would be discrete in the market he really meant he would be purchasing players with unpronounceable names, Giachablabla and Estiaosdhahdwatda -in that way he thought he'd sneak them underneath everyone's nose

"Juve purchased Estiaoshdasuhdauisdnbsad" - "Who?" "That Paraguayan, Estiaohoiahtoihta"

Can we please get Malouda and Alex to at least Salvage SOMETHING this mercato?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
But buyouts can be negotiated for less than the contracted amount; the player gets some decent cash, is free to sign with the team of his choice and often makes up the difference if his salary is reduced (which it almost always would be).

With some of our players though, it almost doesn't matter. Better to just pay them off, have them gone, and not have the issues with team chemistry. Plus, we'll have to see how this strike plays out. Isn't one of the main issues that the players are fighting against the ability of the team to 'exile' unwanted players (for lack of a better word... you know, hold them out of training, etc.)?

Can you imagine what having all of these unhappy stiffs around all the time would do to morale? That negativity is insidious and could be hugely damaging. There's enough negativity surrounding this club right now as it is.
The exile thing, is basically what we did with grosso. Player doesnt want to leave and stay on fat contract ? fine he goes into the reserves and is frozen out of the team.

Mutual termination is a good option for both parties, less for the club then termination itself, and player indeed can seek a new club immediatly.

i dont agree with the players wanting to ban the possibility to exile a player to the reserves. they allready have to much power.
and how is this even realistic? if he is benched for 3 months "cause coach wanted a diffrent player", is that illegal then ?

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
According to GDS:

-Juve gave up on Alex,and pushing for Lugano,to get the deal done in the next 48 hours(Capitano posted about it earlier)
-There is an agreement between all parts for Pepe with Zenit,8mil deal.but Juve waiting to buy another LW first.
-Bonucci-B.Alves swap more complicated as Zenit wants money as well,Juve wants straight swap.
-Giandonato looks like leaving on loan,Pasquato not clear yet,Sorensen rumored to stay.
-Psg may be intersted in Amauri.

DelSing

Apr 22, 2003
:agree:
We have been promised great players and we didnt really got what we were promised
With the amount of $ we had for transfers I expected a lot more than that
Aguero even if he would cost more would have been a great signing amazing player +young. He will show his worth at City I have no doubt about it.
also as much as replacing Melo was needed (mentality) There are many other position more needed to strengthen

Overall I think we should have bought less players but more expensive ones (and better ones ofcourse)
I totally agree with you. Less decent players more worldclass player.

BUT, in reality, those world class player doesn't want to come!!! Is not that we are not willing to splash the cash. The problem is we can't attract the players to come. We got no CL, that the a huge factor. Man City pay less to aguero compare to our rumor offer. That sums up all. Is not like you can buy anyone you want when you have money.

The player is also choosing which them they wants to play for also.

Is a great thing that we can even get vidal and vucinic. Fuck osvaldo cost roma 16M shit. vucinic worth the penny.

i'm not favor to the buys of giaxxxxx and estixxxxx. but no choice. Our priority target doesn't want to come.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Question guys......does Estigarribia have an EU passport? Because if he does, thats it, we cannot sign any more non-EU players as Vidal was non-EU.

This makes the transfer of Estigarribia even more ridiculous. Surely, if you are only allowed 2 non-EU players, you better get good ones. If we want to sign a south american in January we cannot do so now.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Why would Lugano want to come and be a 3rd CB?

I would expect Alves Chellini to be our starting duo.
I think it's got to do with the types of players, intelligence vs brute force. In Barzagli and Lugano we'd have two intelligent players (lol Barzagli) and in Chiello and Alves two strong tough defenders. I can see Alves being on the bench instead of Lugano.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
But buyouts can be negotiated for less than the contracted amount; the player gets some decent cash, is free to sign with the team of his choice and often makes up the difference if his salary is reduced (which it almost always would be).

With some of our players though, it almost doesn't matter. Better to just pay them off, have them gone, and not have the issues with team chemistry. Plus, we'll have to see how this strike plays out. Isn't one of the main issues that the players are fighting against the ability of the team to 'exile' unwanted players (for lack of a better word... you know, hold them out of training, etc.)?

Can you imagine what having all of these unhappy stiffs around all the time would do to morale? That negativity is insidious and could be hugely damaging. There's enough negativity surrounding this club right now as it is.

But thats not a one sided termination, thats a mutual termination, where you have to agree with the player the conditions. If you one-sidedly terminate it you have to pay the full amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)