Wishlist and General Juve mercato talk (2011-12) (50 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Have you seen him play? He would be perfect for our 4-3-3

Edit: this was for gerd regarding Bale
the guy is good very good but there are a lot of diferences playing as winger in a 4 man midfield and playing as a winger in 3 man attack
plus there's the difference from premier league to seria a that would make it even harder for him

now i see him as a good upgrade if he played instead of pepe since he gives decent cover and i think u would benefit althrough i don't know how much since from what i know he can't play right so he will be our lwf and vucinic would go right and i really like him at left cause he can cut to center

i have seen him mostly on cl don't follow totenham
he is a good lwm and i thought that he could play lb if he could get better at deffence he has a good physyque but here they say he's bad at that so i'll trust your opinion

still from what i have seen of him and his characteristic he can't play in a 3 man attack for me

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
So we want Borriello for 500K loan as our 3rd choice striker in a 4-3-3? (obviously Del Piero plays infront of him in a 2 striker setup).

Not that bad.

Durden

May 11, 2006
the guy is good very good but there are a lot of diferences playing as winger in a 4 man midfield and playing as a winger in 3 man attack
plus there's the difference from premier league to seria a that would make it even harder for him

now i see him as a good upgrade if he played instead of pepe since he gives decent cover and i think u would benefit althrough i don't know how much since from what i know he can't play right so he will be our lwf and vucinic would go right and i really like him at left cause he can cut to center

i have seen him mostly on cl don't follow totenham
he is a good lwm and i thought that he could play lb if he could get better at deffence he has a good physyque but here they say he's bad at that so i'll trust your opinion

still from what i have seen of him and his characteristic he can't play in a 3 man attack for me
Well I agree on most parts except I would consider him a huge upgrade on Pepe, even though I also prefer Vuci on the left. And this is not because I dont like Pepe, I actually rate Pepe after his performances this season.

You should watch him in the epl, I watched a few this season and he has grown as a player. Pretty sure he will move to a big club after this season. But his price tag has gone through the roof, so no chance of us getting him anyway.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
So we want Borriello for 500K loan as our 3rd choice striker in a 4-3-3? (obviously Del Piero plays infront of him in a 2 striker setup).

Not that bad.
it's just a loan we will try the player and see if he can adapt to our game if he does than we will buy him

next year we will be in cl to be competitive in both competitions we will have to have usable reserves to rest the starting eleven and in case of injuries
and next year there will be no del piero toni amauri and i hope no iaquinta either so you are left if 2 strikers to play cl and seria a and that is little for a team like juventus considering that we play to win so you get borrielo after we try him and if we think that he is any good and you have a good and usable 3-4 striker
add a top someone like higuain torres ect and personally i would also add a young talent to grow and you are covered

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Well I agree on most parts except I would consider him a huge upgrade on Pepe, even though I also prefer Vuci on the left. And this is not because I dont like Pepe, I actually rate Pepe after his performances this season.

You should watch him in the epl, I watched a few this season and he has grown as a player. Pretty sure he will move to a big club after this season. But his price tag has gone through the roof, so no chance of us getting him anyway.

well here is what i think from what i have seen of him

he is left footed , has a good left foot and an educated right foot , delivers exellent crosses , has a pretty good shot and is extremely fast

Style of play (focusing on one vs one here)

he generally doesn't give any points refference to defenders since he has a good use of both legs but puts a lot of emphasis on his speed most of the times he passes the defender is thanks to his great speed he also dribbles but nothing fancy and pretty basic but usually effective , but even after the dribbling he gains great benefits from his speed

now this is how i have judged him from what i seen
if these are not his characteristics according to you than you should not read what is below because it is based on the above and that means that i am probably wrong since you have seen more of him than i do

playing in middfield is better for him and his qualities considering his play style
to benefit the maximum from his extreme speed he needs a lot of space considering that as i said most of the time he passes the defender on speed if you put him as a wing on a 3 man attack there would be much more less space for him to use and he cannot use his speed
mostly as a winger in attack you should be very good on tight spaces and have very good close ball control and have a great deal of fantasy that is why i prefer someone in that position resembling vucinic or like robben nani ect
also he plays in premier league and there are a lot more spaces there than in serie a considering that seria a is a much more tactical league and you face a lot of times closed teams in an 11 man deffence so premier league is better for his qualities in my opinion

this is considering our type of play

now he is a very good wing in middfield but i don't think he'll perform that well as a winger in attack with our type of game we play
i am not saying he can't play there as i said he would be a good upgrade for pepe but for personal tastes and the type of game we play i would not prefer spending that kind of money on him considering his value is around 30-40 milion i would gladly spend those on someone like nani instead at pepes place
he would be very good if the coach asked him to look for the end and cross he would pratically be the best in our team but that is not our style of play

i thought he could play lb since he has a good physyque and i think he can get better at defending but if people here say he is bad than i can't say anything because i haven't seen him but considering this true
it will not be a good signing for me

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I see no reason as to why Bale would want to come here. Nor why Harry would sell him. Bale, van der vart and scotty parker are the driving force behind Spurs' great season so far. he has been in good form, but does not set the premiership alight every week, or even every month. His consistency has improved this season. If they qualify for the champions league, which I highly doubt, he will stay put another season I assume, likely get given a bumper new contract if his current form continues...if he leaves, he would have more strongly placed and richer options than Juve.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
:lol:

Borriello can play as a targetman upfront, which we badly need when we play with a lone striker. Matri can't do that. I think the Borriello loan will be an okay transfer.

But the question is, will Amauri and Toni go somewhere now Genoa have signed Gilardino.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Could be. Parma wants Toni.

Among the pages of Tuttosport today are the latest statements of the red and yellow DS Walter Sabatini Borriello on the deal: "We are expecting a call from Juventus, we have already 'discussed the loan and confirmed that there will be no redemption obligations for the Bianconeri. In the case of a player like Borriello would be a superfluous request, I also want to see if June is when they did run away ... "

http://www.calcionews24.com/roma-sabatini-su-borriello-aspettiamo-una-loro-chiamata.html

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Fiorentina were linked to Iaquinta, weren't they?

Must be a sporting chance of him going there (in a deal for Montolivo?) if they are selling Gilardino.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Could be. Parma wants Toni.

Among the pages of Tuttosport today are the latest statements of the red and yellow DS Walter Sabatini Borriello on the deal: "We are expecting a call from Juventus, we have already 'discussed the loan and confirmed that there will be no redemption obligations for the Bianconeri. In the case of a player like Borriello would be a superfluous request, I also want to see if June is when they did run away ... "

http://www.calcionews24.com/roma-sabatini-su-borriello-aspettiamo-una-loro-chiamata.html
Fiorentina were linked to Iaquinta, weren't they?

Must be a sporting chance of him going there (in a deal for Montolivo?) if they are selling Gilardino.
Toni to Parma and Giovinco coming the other way.
Iaquinta to Fiorentina with Montolivo coming the other way.
Amauri shot in the head and his hair donated to Galliani's implants.
Motta to the EPL and Caceres coming over.

That's what I call a successful winter mercato.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 50)