Winter Mercato Thread 2021 (6 Viewers)

Who do you want as the vice-Morata?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Locatelli is a feasible buy because he can be bought for around £40M and his wages will be relatively low. Aouar will cost more, demand higher wage and the likes of United, City will bid for him raising his price. Kante probably be a cheap fee but wages high. Regardless, we won't be dealing anyone unless Bernard, Khedira etc go to free up some cash.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juve92

Jan 18, 2016
What's laughable is this post, have your opinion but at least get one of the numbers right.

At 21/22 years old Casemiro was playing in Brazil, then moved to Spain to play in the third division.

He was 23 by the time he returned from Porto.

Locatelli had already left Milan at 20 years old. Where already got 60 apps in Serie A as a teenager.

22 year old Locatelli wasn't rotting on Milan's bench. He was a starter for Sassuolo being called one of the best mids in Serie A. He turned 23 this year, january 2021.
Thanks Mr. wikipedia.

- - - Updated - - -

isco and kante aren't difference makers at this point of their carreers. kante at 30 isn't someone to fap on, while i can't even remember isco's last good game, he's nothing but a bench player for this meh real team. if he was 26-27, i'd be all over him, i even wanted him last summer on a cheap and especially watching all the underwhelming names that were linked to juve, but imagine giving 30-year-old kante a 4-year contract and watching him being benched in a season or two. in 2021, kante over locatelli is an extremely short sighted choice, something like vidal over tonali.

i like aouar, i'd certainly take him if he's available. he's got a completely different skillset than locatelli though. the two aren't mutually exclusive, i'd prefer to have both.

wanna check where players like barzagli, lichtsteiner, drogba, ilicic or luca toni were doing at the same age? toni @ 21 was a serie c striker on the verge of making the big jump to serie b... btw at 21, casemiro was a bench player for real, then was loaned to porto. the joke is on milan for letting locatelli go on a cheap.

- - - Updated - - -

i used to watch lyon just to see him last season, i only saw him like 2-3 times this term, so can't really tell. @Raphaël maybe?

anyway, i saw enough of him last season, he's very good.
If you want results, build the team around CR7 with the best possible players, simple. Buying jabronis like Locatelli and some unproven youngsters won't do anything. Remember CR7 isn't getting any younger.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Thanks Mr. wikipedia.

- - - Updated - - -

If you want results, build the team around CR7 with the best possible players, simple. Buying jabronis like Locatelli and some unproven youngsters won't do anything. Remember CR7 isn't getting any younger.
Agreed, he should have less inept team mates, but I'm not in favour of building a team around a 35 year old Ronaldo at this point.

Gotta #LiveAhead#JJ

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
isco and kanté aren't among the best though

anyway, you seriously underrate locatelli. he's very far from a jabroni, you shouldn't let yourself getting influenced by a decision made by the inept milan management

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Kante isnt moving from Chelsea. Tuchel just said couple of days afo that he wanted him in PSG for so long and is delighted thah he will work with him in Chelsea now.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Locatelli is a feasible buy because he can be bought for around £40M and his wages will be relatively low. Aouar will cost more, demand higher wage and the likes of United, City will bid for him raising his price. Kante probably be a cheap fee but wages high. Regardless, we won't be dealing anyone unless Bernard, Khedira etc go to free up some cash.
To be honest Aouar is more like the type we need in midfield than Locatelli although I must say Im not Aouar`s biggest fan.
Yeah Aouar is a great player and yes he can dribble forward quite well while he has a better vision than what we currently have (even if not an amazing one).
The thing that bothers me the most is his shooting skills. Everytime I watch him or see some highlights/compliation, I notice his shooting skills are way below a player of his level.
I could have ignored it should he had an amazing vision but its not the case.

Will he improve our mid? Yeah he would.
Would he provide us what we need? Probably not.

The players we need cost more - There is no point in denying that but do we really have a choice?! Our midfield simply sucks!

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
To be honest Aouar is more like the type we need in midfield than Locatelli although I must say Im not Aouar`s biggest fan.
Yeah Aouar is a great player and yes he can dribble forward quite well while he has a better vision than what we currently have (even if not an amazing one).
The thing that bothers me the most is his shooting skills. Everytime I watch him or see some highlights/compliation, I notice his shooting skills are way below a player of his level.

The players we need cost more - There is no point in denying that but do we really have a choice?! Our midfield simply sucks!
Which one gets injured less?

Robee

Jun 21, 2011

I'd argue we do need a Locatelli just as much as we need an Aouar. Why don't you think so?

A strong and smart holding midfielder who's comfortable on the ball and sets the tempo, is definitely a priority.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I'd argue we do need a Locatelli just as much as we need an Aouar. Why don't you think so?

A strong and smart holding midfielder who's comfortable on the ball and sets the tempo, is definitely a priority.
I like Locatelli way more than Aouar and both would improve us but right now we need the kind of player that pushes forward and being creative.
Locatelli is excellent at what he does but he fits another bill (which we could definitely use but its not our biggest weakness).

Should I create an entirely new midfield and have to pick between them I`d definitely go for Locatelli but with our current midfield - I think Aouar is more needed.

I hope we skip both (for now) and go for a player that can really boost our midfield.
If Pogba is difficult due to wages then there are other players like L.Alberto, SMS, Zaniolo (although Zaniolo is a big question mark due to his injuries)

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I like Locatelli way more than Aouar and both would improve us but right now we need the kind of player that pushes forward and being creative.
Locatelli is excellent at what he does but he fits another bill (which we could definitely use but its not our biggest weakness).

Should I create an entirely new midfield and have to pick between them I`d definitely go for Locatelli but with our current midfield - I think Aouar is more needed.

I hope we skip both (for now) and go for a player that can really boost our midfield.
If Pogba is difficult due to wages then there are other players like L.Alberto, SMS, Zaniolo (although Zaniolo is a big question mark due to his injuries)
That is definitely up for debate as we create many chances every game but never stand our ground for 90 minutes.

Locatelli is also a guy who can shoot with both feet and therefor create space around the box or have a go himself.

But we can disagree, np. I'd agree on the other names as well. It all depends on how Pirlo intends on using them in the end.

May 26, 2016

Agree. Only thing is Locatelli looks more easy to land than Aouar so that seems like a more likely option. Personally, i like them both and think they would do good here

L. Alberto would be fantastic but with Lazio its never easy. Same with SMS.

Zaniolo as you say is a big question mark

Pogba - well, not sure about him tbh but a on a free transfer ? sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)