Who do you want as the vice-Morata?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I don’t mind 20m if it’s option to buy not obligation. Or make it obligation if he scores a certain amount of goals or make a certain number of appearances.
if it doesn't work out he still has resale value, i don't mind the 20 mill it makes sense given he is a decent prospect. I imagine the deal will be structured with a low cost upfront and the rest spread over a number of years.
Still a much better option than bringing some old player on stupid wages and no resale value. I trust Paratici on this.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
if it doesn't work out he still has resale value, i don't mind the 20 mill it makes sense given he is a decent prospect. I imagine the deal will be structured with a low cost upfront and the rest spread over a number of years.
Still a much better option than bringing some old player on stupid wages and no resale value. I trust Paratici on this.
We know.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
that’s not a bad asking price imo, but its a lot for a backup.
It's quite a lot in this current condition. Genoa is okay to cancel the loan and Sass want a permanent deal to sell him now can be a yellow flag for me

He can't get a starting position in this Genoa team with Destro and Shomudorov leading a line. Buy him or Obligation would be a high risk. Loan with Option would do better

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
it's 20 million cuz you are paying january tax, not because he is hyped, or covid conditions lmao.

it's juve's fault for yet fucking again not planning a proper squad for yet again another season.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Schira saying juve has locked up CB Davide De Marino. Will join u23s immediately. Napoli reportedly wanted him as well.

- - - Updated - - -

it's 20 million cuz you are paying january tax, not because he is hyped, or covid conditions lmao.

it's juve's fault for yet fucking again not planning a proper squad for yet again another season.
he’d probably cost that much in the summer as well. He’s not some nobody.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
Everything above 20m feels a bit too much for me, although last summer he was linked to Benfica and AC Milan and rumors said Sassuolo wanted the same price.

Maybe we’ll sell another U23 player to lower the costs

It’s still a yes for me tho

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
:touched:

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
I slept with the thought that you guys would rather have Scamacca here than Milik and I can't believe it.
I tried watching some highlights of the Italian yesterday and I didn't even last till half of the video because these goals were all from primavera or Serie B.
So I went to see his stats and they are even more underwhelming than those highlights. Milik was levels above him at 22yo. Hell, if you want to compare Scamacca to someone it's Alberto Cerri not Milik :sergio:
I really hope we don't spend 20mln on him.

Last edited:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I slept with the thought that you guys would rather have Scamacca here than Milik and I can't believe it.
I tried watching some highlights of the Italian yesterday and I didn't even last till half of the video because these goals were all from primavera or Serie B.
So I went to see his stats and they are even more underwhelming than those highlights. Milik was levels above him at 22yo. Hell, if you want to compare Scamacca to someone it's Alberto Cerri not Milik :sergio:
I really hope we don't spend 20mln on him.
Milik easily over him. But Milik won't arrive now.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's easy to look at Scamacca's height and number of goals and think he is another Cerri, but he's a technically far superior player who can get involved with team plays, holds the ball, dribbles and passes. His style is a lot like Ibra's. And no, I'm not saying he will be another Ibra.

Also, someone with his role and style isn't going to score 15 goals a season when you have Ronaldo, Morata and Dybala already up front, but for that role you need a balance between someone who can make an immediate impact and who will not grumble about sitting on the bench for spells. It's not an easy spot to fill. I don't rate Divock Origi, for example, but he does his job and has scored some crucial goals. You can't ask any more than that. So you often end up with someone more experienced who isn't as good as the starters.

I'm not convinced with spending €20-25m on him but at least with young players there is resale value potential. The downside is that he's unlikely to come in and hit the ground running.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I don’t mind 20m if it’s option to buy not obligation. Or make it obligation if he scores a certain amount of goals or make a certain number of appearances.
Well I wouldn't mind that either but we all know it's not gonna happen.

You were speaking in absolute terms, calling signing Chiesa shit and stupid from minute one. Maybe dont make your mind up so quick and profess doom automatically before giving a player a chance?
I don't know why would that be better. As for Chiesa, I did not exactly call it shit and stupid iirc. I was more frustrated about not getting a mid, but I did say he'll be better than Berna but nothing special.

I have a chance to watch some football and I give opinions based from what I saw. I loved when I saw us get Vidal, Pogba, De Ligt, Sandro and plenty of others. It was based on what I saw and expected from them. On the other hand, I expected nothing since I didn't like Berna while others were creaming their pants. I never liked Bonucci either. Why would keeping quiet make more sense? It's a football forum which is based on opinions. Of course I'm not gonna cry because Chiesa started off great, that's actually a great news.

But having everything positive, covered in rainbows and singing about every single link and every single signing is so childish and stupid. The worst thing imo is reading things like "come on, trust Paratici/Marotta" "our scouts know more about them then we do (and, surprisingly, despite their profession and knowledge they make mistakes, eh)" "let's wait and see". Not questioning things in generally is quite frightening. If you had a company you wouldn't employ first person you see and say let's giving him time he might be great. Well, he might, but you might have made a huge mistake by not getting someone else. And it's not me questioning a guy that has tons of experience, who scored shitload of goals and that's being chased by top elite clubs. I'm questioning Scamacca. A guy that scored 6 goals and who'd cost us over 20 million euros. Being happy about such thing is much more weird actually. I'm expecting this club to fight for CL and not a CL spot.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
It's easy to look at Scamacca's height and number of goals and think he is another Cerri, but he's a technically far superior player who can get involved with team plays, holds the ball, dribbles and passes. His style is a lot like Ibra's. And no, I'm not saying he will be another Ibra.

Also, someone with his role and style isn't going to score 15 goals a season when you have Ronaldo, Morata and Dybala already up front, but for that role you need a balance between someone who can make an immediate impact and who will not grumble about sitting on the bench for spells. It's not an easy spot to fill. I don't rate Divock Origi, for example, but he does his job and has scored some crucial goals. You can't ask any more than that. So you often end up with someone more experienced who isn't as good as the starters.

I'm not convinced with spending €20-25m on him but at least with young players there is resale value potential. The downside is that he's unlikely to come in and hit the ground running.
How many top teams have a tree in their squad that doesn't score plenty of goals? I can't think of plenty.

Some say Ronaldo needs somebody like him next to him, but Ronaldo had Benzema in his team before. Not only strength but quality and ability to score goals.

So which top team had a guy like that who had plenty of minutes? More importantly, was the guy who they signed some lesser known name who barely scored in his career?

Jun 16, 2020

Ronaldo - Scamacca - Morata reminds me of Trezeguet - Ibra - Morata. 3 tall striker just like when we beat Real Madrid. Dybala to start and subbed out like Del Piero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)