Winter Mercato Thread 2021 (15 Viewers)

Who do you want as the vice-Morata?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Their coach. Their midfield bossed ours because of their coaches tactics. No one except Locatelli in their lineup is Juve quality. Average players being drilled to play organised technical possession football by an idealistic but functional coach. Pirlo has no clue how to organise his midfield, let alone rest of the team.
While De Zerbi has been excellent for them and created this style in Sassuolo, its also harsh to call them average players. Their team is very good and full of exciting players.

Berardi and Locatelli are top class. Boga, Caputo, Djuricic, Consigli, Magnanelli are very good. Traore is a very exciting talent, Lopez, Ferrari, Rogerio, etc. are all good talents and already good players.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
So.. You want De Zerbi?

Not really (tho he certainly deserved a chance in Juve more then Pirlo), but our coach is so near tactically clueless, that Juve fans more easily then before get impressed by most opponents coaches. And Sassuolo despite a weak squad, play one of the more entertaining football in the top leagues.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Not really (tho he certainly deserved a chance in Juve more then Pirlo), but our coach is so near tactically clueless, that Juve fans more easily then before get impressed by most opponents coaches. And Sassuolo despite a weak squad, play one of the more entertaining football in the top leagues.
Well all is true
At least Pirlo`s subs were spot on for 2 times in a row.. (probably just luck)

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Few arguments:

We agreed a 5 year contract for 5m per year, so he’d costs us around ~44m with his gross salaries. Scamacca (if we buy him for 18m, and 2m salary) ~36m. Maybe ~40 if he gets 3m. I learned a hard lessons with players like Berna and Khedira, and Scamacca would have more resale value given his age, and a lot easier to sell as he doesn’t get 5m. Maybe Milik asks a fee for signing the contract, so it could be even a bigger investment.

And then the struggle to get him back in form after not playing for a year. We’ve both seen it with Rabiot, we waste a lot of time doing that.

Btw I don’t think that Milik is that bad, but given the circumstances and everything we’ve seen with expensive bench options, I prefer someone else. We should pay those salaries to players who really deserve it.
I see your point but I don't agree it's so obvious. According to what you wrote, Scamacca and Milik operations would cost a similar amount. Milik is a proven striker on the european stage with plenty of goals in Serie A, Champions League and Poland national team and Scamacca has two goals in Serie A. I would understand if it was certain Scamacca is going to reach Milik's level in four years but it's a huge question mark and Milik had two ACLs in that time...
Milik, Berna and Khedira transfers are all totally different in my opinion. Il Polacco would be coming for free while we paid 40mln for Berna and Khedira was much older.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
I knew Locatelli was real deal , that's why i wanted him instead of Tonali :)

It seems everyone agrees now .

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Carnevalli said he would meet Paratici after the game to talk about the market. I think they refer particularly to Scamacca, but I hope also the ground work is laid for Locatelli.
De Zerbi made another comment after the game suggesting that it was a realistic possibility that players such as Locatelli, Boga and Berardi could leave in the summer. The only thing that might change that is if they were to make the CL, which seems unlikely.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
It’s probably been posted already somewhere in here but

pedulla was all over the Chiesa transfer before/better than anyone else, so if he says it’s probable, I’d at least keep an eye out.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
While De Zerbi has been excellent for them and created this style in Sassuolo, its also harsh to call them average players. Their team is very good and full of exciting players.

Berardi and Locatelli are top class. Boga, Caputo, Djuricic, Consigli, Magnanelli are very good. Traore is a very exciting talent, Lopez, Ferrari, Rogerio, etc. are all good talents and already good players.
:yuck: :inter: Berardi is like Immobile in my book - a typical big fish in a small pond type of player. Put him in a big club and he's bound to fail (and no, Lazio aren't really a big club - they're a level below that tier).

Locatelli, Boga and Traore are very exciting talents indeed.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Few arguments:

We agreed a 5 year contract for 5m per year, so he’d costs us around ~44m with his gross salaries. Scamacca (if we buy him for 18m, and 2m salary) ~36m. Maybe ~40 if he gets 3m. I learned a hard lessons with players like Berna and Khedira, and Scamacca would have more resale value given his age, and a lot easier to sell as he doesn’t get 5m. Maybe Milik asks a fee for signing the contract, so it could be even a bigger investment.

And then the struggle to get him back in form after not playing for a year. We’ve both seen it with Rabiot, we waste a lot of time doing that.

Btw I don’t think that Milik is that bad, but given the circumstances and everything we’ve seen with expensive bench options, I prefer someone else. We should pay those salaries to players who really deserve it.
I'm pretty sure whoever signs Milik for "free" will have to pay him a fee. It's like this with all these high profile bosman transfers, Milik won't be the exception.

Scamacca I don't see necessarily why he would come and earn more than Buffon, Demiral, and Pirlo himself. 2 or 3m is too much, he would be cheaper.

We are talking about a more than 20m difference in costs between the two.

Better these two anyway than Pelle, Llorente, or most other names for this backup role. It is very different though to sign Milik than to sign a young player. Milik demands playing time and the salary of an important player, which he is.

IMO better to not to invest in Milik, better to sign a cheap backup striker and take that money to Sassuolo for Locatelli.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
He will be coaching a bigger club this summer or the next.
Yeah but I remember the same has been said of EDF then he went to Roma and now he is with Cagliari...
Everything can happen but Im not too impressed with De Zerbi..
Atalanta has something special as every player overperform because of their system. I would much rather see Gasperini here than De Zerbi.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
10m for a guy whose contract is running out in 6 months and won't be joining for a year and a half. Interesting move.

Yeah but I remember the same has been said of EDF then he went to Roma and now he is with Cagliari...
Everything can happen but Im not too impressed with De Zerbi..
Atalanta has something special as every player overperform because of their system. I would much rather see Gasperini here than De Zerbi.
De Zerbi is an excellent young coach, people talked about him replacing Sarri but I think he needs a few more seasons before being ready. Although we did go for a coach with no experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)