Winter Mercato Thread 2021 (21 Viewers)

Who do you want as the vice-Morata?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
He’s a player with some very interesting characteristics, and if the other options are Pelle, Milik and Llorente I understand the optimism.

Would also fit the project nicely.
What's wrong with Milik? He's currently levels above Scamacca and only four years older. I agree that his salary demands are high but if the choice is Scamacca for 20mln with 3mln salary and 0mln Milik with 5mln salary I don't understand why the Italian would be the obvious choice.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Are we even actually trying sell Berna? Seems like he's used as a sub every game even if it is just for his hustle

Papu might not be the #9 Morata backup we (allegedly) want but goddamn I like the guy. Think he could be use to Pirlo Play

Jun 16, 2020
What's wrong with Milik? He's currently levels above Scamacca and only four years older. I agree that his salary demands are high but if the choice is Scamacca for 20mln with 3mln salary and 0mln Milik with 5mln salary I don't understand why the Italian would be the obvious choice.
Few arguments:

We agreed a 5 year contract for 5m per year, so he’d costs us around ~44m with his gross salaries. Scamacca (if we buy him for 18m, and 2m salary) ~36m. Maybe ~40 if he gets 3m. I learned a hard lessons with players like Berna and Khedira, and Scamacca would have more resale value given his age, and a lot easier to sell as he doesn’t get 5m. Maybe Milik asks a fee for signing the contract, so it could be even a bigger investment.

And then the struggle to get him back in form after not playing for a year. We’ve both seen it with Rabiot, we waste a lot of time doing that.

Btw I don’t think that Milik is that bad, but given the circumstances and everything we’ve seen with expensive bench options, I prefer someone else. We should pay those salaries to players who really deserve it.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Their coach. Their midfield bossed ours because of their coaches tactics. No one except Locatelli in their lineup is Juve quality. Average players being drilled to play organised technical possession football by an idealistic but functional coach. Pirlo has no clue how to organise his midfield, let alone rest of the team.
So.. You want De Zerbi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)