Who do you want as the vice-Morata?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Perhaps our medical staff would like him as a case study.
What are your impressions of this Juve with half a season gone? I think we desperately need some quality in the midfield, we have a collection of inconsistent center mids.

On top of that we need to find an identity and a formation/tactics that we can stick with for a prolonged period. Too much chopping and changing.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I expect us to make some sort of move in January for a mid and maybe another striker.
I noticed Junior Messias was linked the other day. 29 year old who has rattled around the Italian lower leagues. Would be some fairytale story and he'd cost little in terms of fee and wages. Looks like a hungry and determined player with considerably athleticism and skill. Pretty low-risk move and could be ideal for cameos as either a vice-Dybala or vice-Morata.

The other option is someone like Milik or Giroud, but they only have the size of Morata. not the speed, so that's a different dynamic to the attack. But you'd pay them a hefty salary and they are more likely to grumble not playing. Milik is also going to be off the pace for weeks. He would be a better bet in the summer with a full pre-season behind him.

We're looking for someone to play a third of games, so there's no point in any headline names for this role.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I noticed Junior Messias was linked the other day. 29 year old who has rattled around the Italian lower leagues. Would be some fairytale story and he'd cost little in terms of fee and wages. Looks like a hungry and determined player with considerably athleticism and skill. Pretty low-risk move and could be ideal for cameos as either a vice-Dybala or vice-Morata.

The other option is someone like Milik or Giroud, but they only have the size of Morata. not the speed, so that's a different dynamic to the attack. But you'd pay them a hefty salary and they are more likely to grumble not playing. Milik is also going to be off the pace for weeks. He would be a better bet in the summer with a full pre-season behind him.

We're looking for someone to play a third of games, so there's no point in any headline names for this role.
Get Zaza back

I wouldn't go down the Milik route, too costly. It all really depends on what we plan on doing with Dybala though, they need to sort that out. Could we not give those minutes to a Da Graca, i admittedly don't know much about him, but this is where having a primavera that produces more consistent talent would be a massive bonus.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
This feels like it’ll be a more active winter than usual, and not just at Juve. Clubs probably have a better idea of their financials now than they did back in the summer.

if we can get a backup 9 and another mid, that’d be amazing. Reynolds is a good prospect, I would like him as well.

ilmetronome

Sep 16, 2020
A striker? If pirlo stays and juve want another striker, i hope he try dybala at playmaker role as ramsey did.
If pirlo doesn't want him at that role, ffs sell or loan him out. He'll just get another mental declining as he doesn't fit in striker role under pirlo. Get creative mid who can create chance.
That one role is missing as ramsey is not physically and consistenly reliable. In mid sector i think arthur-mckennie duo will be enough like they did againts barca.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Juventus are considering Simone Zaza's return for the backup of Morata. [TS]

PSG are ready to offer 60mln€ for Dybala, an offer deemed to low by Juventus who are sure Paulo will stay. [Tuttosport]

Juventus are pushing to sign De Paul, however Udinese want around 40mln€. The club hopes to use players (Rugani,...) in a deal. Mino who is his new agent already met with Juventus. [Corriere dello sport & Gazzetta Dello Sport]

Llorente is highly valued by Juventus, he could return to the club after the super cup, Ozil was offered to Juventus. (Tuttosport)

KirilovBG

Sep 5, 2018
Attack - Buy sub for Morata and extend Dybala contract
Midfield - Sign de Paul and Pogba, get rid of Khedira and Ramsey
Defence - Buy some young blood on a reasonable price, for example Reynolds

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Heard it but it sounds too unrealistic. Ozil might be too lazy for Pirlo`s tactics although he is a genius passer.
Football Italia

According to Tuttosport, Arsenal have offered Mesut Ozil to Juventus with the Gunners open to paying half of the player’s wages, but the Old Lady are not interested.

The German attacking midfielder has been left out of Arsenal’s Premier League and Europa League lists for the current campaign.

The 32-year-old has yet to make one official appearance this season and his North London exit in January seems likely.

According to Tuttosport, Arsenal and the player’s agent Erkut Sögüt have offered the former Real Madrid star to various European clubs, including Juventus.

The Premier League giants want to offload Ozil in the January transfer window, six months before the natural expiration of his contract.

For this reason, they are open to paying half of the player’s wages, selling the 2014 Germany World Cup winner for free.

Juventus, however, are reported to have rejected Arsenal’s offer.

Ozil played his last competitive game on March 7, against West Ham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)