Winter Mercato Thread 2021 (15 Viewers)

Who do you want as the vice-Morata?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 26, 2016
MDL is here because he is smart and has a very smart agent in Raiola.
Haaland is in a similar state as MDL was but for one major difference - Haaland is a forward and MDL is a defender. It matters because we have been known for being one of the best defense schools there is.
As for attacking - We dont have the numbers BUT he says his idols are Zlatan and Ronaldo - It means we could play the Ronaldo card.

Money wise - I dont think anyone is going to offer him a 30M salary.. He will get a pay rise but its not going to be something difficult to afford.
Transfer fee it is fixed on 75M so we already know the price.

The question is this: Where would Haaland like to go and Real Madrid seem like the favorite as he stated before Real Madrid in his preferences. Then there is Raiola who is known to have influence on players moves...

We are definitely not the favorite but we definitely have a chance! Tell Ronaldo to use his charms on Haaland and who knows - Maybe he`ll come to learn from him...
We can put a 180M clause like in MDL`s case to ensure he is able to walk out when he wants to change and it would also help us not getting robbed because the player wants to leave...
Hope you are right!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
After every game I get the same conclusions for our side:
1. Forward - We need another with presence in the box
2. Midfield - We need someone who can be our link from mid to attack. McKennie is doing well but we need someone who can assist and shoot

Its a longshot but if we can get Pogba and Haaland (even if we sell Dybala to afford all this) - We could be a possible no`2 to Bayern

Jun 16, 2020
After every game I get the same conclusions for our side:
1. Forward - We need another with presence in the box
2. Midfield - We need someone who can be our link from mid to attack. McKennie is doing well but we need someone who can assist and shoot

Its a longshot but if we can get Pogba and Haaland (even if we sell Dybala to afford all this) - We could be a possible no`2 to Bayern
Disagree with your second point. Imagine if we had Pogba at Rabiots position today. We need another good box to box midfielder, we have Ramsey, Dybala and Kulu who can play between the lines. I hate the disadvantage to have 2 CM’s who barely create or shoot.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Disagree with your second point. Imagine if we had Pogba at Rabiots position today. We need another good box to box midfielder, we have Ramsey, Dybala and Kulu who can play between the lines. I hate the disadvantage to have 2 CM’s who barely create or shoot.
Have you seen Pogba recently? Have you seen Paul at all when he is supposed to do a lot of running and pressing? He won't have Kante and Matuidi to do it for him, or Vidal and Marchisio. Rabiot was cack, but Paul might disappoint you greatly.

Jun 16, 2020
Have you seen Pogba recently? Have you seen Paul at all when he is supposed to do a lot of running and pressing? He won't have Kante and Matuidi to do it for him, or Vidal and Marchisio. Rabiot was cack, but Paul might disappoint you greatly.
Great player in the wrong environment, he’ll never reach his full potential at United.

For now I believe that he’d be a great addition to this squad, he has the characteristics that we miss and a transfer seems very possible. There are no realistic other options available anyway.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Great player in the wrong environment, he’ll never reach his full potential at United.

For now I believe that he’d be a great addition to this squad, he has the characteristics that we miss and a transfer seems very possible. There are no realistic other options available anyway.
Agreed. If Pogba could've carried the ball on the counter chances we had tonight...

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012

You quoted me on our shortage in midfield in the live thread, suggesting Pogba.

I don't think he's what we need. I see more use for a healthy Ramsey-type of player that does both phases of the game, covers a lot of ground and offers offensive skills to produce stuff. My #1 choice would be Aouar who should be cheaper both in transfer fee and wages.

Pogba is not the same player anymore for me, he just jogs around and probably thinks he's a superstar that needs to be fed by his team so that he can produce goods. I don't think we can afford this kind of attitude from a CM. Sure, his offensive output would be useful for sure but I'd expect more for the money he'd cost (wages + fee).

Besides, I'm not sure how the club finances this move considering circumstances. Will MU sell for reasonable fee? Will Pogba take a big paycut in wages? I really doubt it.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Pogba playing in the 2 man midfield we have would be very worrying. We are already too open when we lose the ball. Pogba has shown numerous times at Man Utd that he doesn't track back and loses the ball in dangerous areas.

Unless we switch to a midfield 3 (which doesn't look likely since Pirlo seems fixated on this system) I'm not sure he is what we need.

The other option is that he plays where McKennie is currently playing but I'm not sure he has the movement to play there or willingness to press.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Pogba playing in the 2 man midfield we have would be very worrying. We are already too open when we lose the ball. Pogba has shown numerous times at Man Utd that he doesn't track back and loses the ball in dangerous areas.

Unless we switch to a midfield 3 (which doesn't look likely since Pirlo seems fixated on this system) I'm not sure he is what we need.

The other option is that he plays where McKennie is currently playing but I'm not sure he has the movement to play there or willingness to press.
Don't we always play with 3 midfielders?

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Don't we always play with 3 midfielders?
A bit of a yes/no.

We play McKennie or Ramsey and 2 centre mids. The shape is really 2 centre mids with the fullbacks as a 4 then the McKennie/Ramsey floating about in the area between mid and attack.

I'm meaning a typical 3 man midfield similar to Conte or Allegri's Juve. Where there is a real core of 3 centre mids at the middle of the formation. I'm not sure Pogba would suit the McKennie role.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
A bit of a yes/no.

We play McKennie or Ramsey and 2 centre mids. The shape is really 2 centre mids with the fullbacks as a 4 then the McKennie/Ramsey floating about in the area between mid and attack.

I'm meaning a typical 3 man midfield similar to Conte or Allegri's Juve. Where there is a real core of 3 centre mids at the middle of the formation. I'm not sure Pogba would suit the McKennie role.
McKennie plays the Vidal position, at least I see it like that. Pogba should play on the left with Arthur/Benta and McKennie.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Auoar over Pogba could be a safer option. Plays LCM and maybe the fee can be lowered with De Sciglio and Bernadeschi. Solid player, probably not a big goal threat, but our plays will be neat. Not sure how much efforts he puts in the defensive phase but Lyon are a tight organized team so I am guessing he is capable.
Imo Locatelli would have been ideal but the transfer fee might be too high.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
McKennie plays the Vidal position, at least I see it like that. Pogba should play on the left with Arthur/Benta and McKennie.
I don't see it that way with McKennie. For me it isn't like the mezzala role Vidal had. I think it is very much a core of 2, instead of a 3.

I'd agree with that 3 if Pirlo played a system that fitted it.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008

Pogba can't do what McKennie does.

His best position in this exact formation is probably Ronaldo's lol. I would love to see a sample of Pogba in Ronaldo's position and Ronaldo in Morata's position :snoop:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)