• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Are those for real? I thought @vodka was just trolling around
Most Thai didn't have surnames until the 20th century because there were no real clans, feudal system etc so it would often be (given name) + (an identifier) to separate different people, e.g. Benz the tall, Benz son of Moo, Benz from Chum Het, and so on. Then the government brought in a law that people needed surnames, so people simply made them up by combining words or phrases. And because you were not supposed to have the same surname as someone you were not related to, people added more words to make them different, hence the long-ass surnames.

Quite a lot of Thai have Chinese descent so there are a lot of Chinese names floating around, but there was also anti-Chinese sentiment in the past so many of these adopted new fabricated Thai names.

Some random examples that I Googled:

Chevapravatdumrong - "biography" + "to uphold"
Suwannarat - "golden" + "jewel"
Shinawatra - "does good routinely"
Fhaumnuaypol - "sky brings you success"

For this reason they have some of the largest name diversity in the world. Also, the names are so long that in regular society many people use nicknames given at birth (replicating the old days before the law was introduced) instead of their actual names.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Fondness is one thing, being a "cuck" is another. Plus Agnelli is stubborn. Allegri also doesn't align with JJ.

It can happen in the future but not now already. And not just Agnelli but no big team begs a coach to return so soon after letting them go. Only the Palermos do that.
Right. No one is "begging" anyone, and no one is a "cuck" in this situation. This are just the glasses you put on.

Madrid called Zidane back.

We called Lippi back after two seasons without him.

Or Trappatoni.

Doesn't seem to be a Palermo thing.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Right. No one is "begging" anyone, and no one is a "cuck" in this situation. This are just the glasses you put on.

Madrid called Zidane back.

We called Lippi back after two seasons without him.

Or Trappatoni.

Doesn't seem to be a Palermo thing.
What glasses do you presume?

Agnelli is stubborn as a mule, Zidane won three CLs in a row, and we're trying to play a diff brand of ball on the field, for commercial, CL and CR7 reasons.

There are always exceptions to norms, irrespective of how many decades you've to travel back, but if you set your feels aside, it's highly unlikely we'll renounce and 180 on aforementioned commercially linked project already.

- - - Updated - - -

Most Thai didn't have surnames until the 20th century because there were no real clans, feudal system etc so it would often be (given name) + (an identifier) to separate different people, e.g. Benz the tall, Benz son of Moo, Benz from Chum Het, and so on. Then the government brought in a law that people needed surnames, so people simply made them up by combining words or phrases. And because you were not supposed to have the same surname as someone you were not related to, people added more words to make them different, hence the long-ass surnames.

Quite a lot of Thai have Chinese descent so there are a lot of Chinese names floating around, but there was also anti-Chinese sentiment in the past so many of these adopted new fabricated Thai names.

For this reason they have some of the largest name diversity in the world. Also, the names are so long that in regular society many people use nicknames given at birth (replicating the old days before the law was introduced) instead of their actual names.
Is there anything you don't know? Always a pleasure.

- - - Updated - - -

@Gigiventus PS Trap returned five years later. In the very post you quoted, I said it "can happen in the future," just not "so soon." It's been barely over a year.

Last edited:

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015

Wow, that's really interesting. Most part of the world went through the surnames process in a similar way but centuries ago. I was thinking that it was more related to the use of different characters to the latin alphabet so really useful post

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Really hope we get what we need in January (or later if postponed).
Our defense will be ok with MDL coming back as well as Chiellini
Our attack - We need a young player who has a nose for goal.
Our mid - This is obviously our most serious weakness.
We have Rabiot who can fight it while being good but we need that type who bursts forward, creates and shoots from distance - Rabiot is actually the closest thing we have but how many goals has Rabiot scored since he got here..

People here wants Aouar - He is a smart player who can definitely bursts forward but Im not sure about creating and scoring so if we get him I still see a need for another midfielder.

Pogba - Obviously he is the one that ticks all my checkbox but I dont believe Man Utd will negotiate for him even until the summer though they arent that dependent on him.
SMS - He could be a great option but will Lazio even listen to offers?
L.Alberto - I really like him. The only thing he doesnt has ->Physicality. Again Lazio will they deal for him?! Not sure.

We could sign others who I havent mentioned but IMO this is the type we should go for.

Coming back to Aouar - I think he could replace Arthur who isnt really performing up until now (P.S the goal we conceded today was his fault)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
He would definitely be a good signing although I didnt understand why he need to be Ramsey`s backup instead of just benching him...
Because he hasn't played on the same level Ramsey has been playing for years. That hyping of young players...Don't be a DanielSz.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He would definitely be a good signing although I didnt understand why he need to be Ramsey`s backup instead of just benching him...
He is 19 and plays in the Austrian league. He is a top talent, but you actually have to prove you deserve to start, until then you are depth/rotation player. For players like these its big enough just to be signed by a club of Juves stature. Maybe ease up on the expectations a little bit before handing out the keys to the kingdom.

Jun 6, 2015
who’s he benching? Stfu.
Benching? He has started 3 out of the 4 Serie A games he has been available for this season.

That's not the point anyways, the point is that neither of us know what happens going forward. We're all simply guessing and giving our opinions.

Last edited:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Really hope we get what we need in January (or later if postponed).
Our defense will be ok with MDL coming back as well as Chiellini
Our attack - We need a young player who has a nose for goal.
Our mid - This is obviously our most serious weakness.
We have Rabiot who can fight it while being good but we need that type who bursts forward, creates and shoots from distance - Rabiot is actually the closest thing we have but how many goals has Rabiot scored since he got here..

People here wants Aouar - He is a smart player who can definitely bursts forward but Im not sure about creating and scoring so if we get him I still see a need for another midfielder.

Pogba - Obviously he is the one that ticks all my checkbox but I dont believe Man Utd will negotiate for him even until the summer though they arent that dependent on him.
SMS - He could be a great option but will Lazio even listen to offers?
L.Alberto - I really like him. The only thing he doesnt has ->Physicality. Again Lazio will they deal for him?! Not sure.

We could sign others who I havent mentioned but IMO this is the type we should go for.

Coming back to Aouar - I think he could replace Arthur who isnt really performing up until now (P.S the goal we conceded today was his fault)
Replace Arthur? Come on now. Not performing? Granted hes not optimal he had a decent outing vs spezia, we had enough players back to snuff out their goal, bumucci was being his usual self and the deflection was lucky, vs verona he had the highest tackles and touches out of all the Juve players. To say hes not performing is quite an understatement. It'll take time, anyone writing him off now is a fool. If any of our mid is not performing right now its Bentancur, I think hes burnt out if you ask me, made some sloppy passes in dangerous areas in recent games including spezia.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Our midfield, even with all our mids reaching maximum potential is not beyond a 7.5/10. That's a far cry from the 9+ midfield of prime Pirlo, Vidal, Pogba and Cheesio.
i wonder how today's equivalent of an mvpp midfield would look like. i'd probably pick saul, de bruyne and aouar for my dream midfield, not sure about a 4th one. casemiro maybe...?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Replace Arthur? Come on now. Not performing? Granted hes not optimal he had a decent outing vs spezia, we had enough players back to snuff out their goal, bumucci was being his usual self and the deflection was lucky, vs verona he had the highest tackles and touches out of all the Juve players. To say hes not performing is quite an understatement. It'll take time, anyone writing him off now is a fool. If any of our mid is not performing right now its Bentancur, I think hes burnt out if you ask me, made some sloppy passes in dangerous areas in recent games including spezia.
I said out of the three spots in midfield - Rabiot is currently a must as he provides what the others cant.
We need a midfielder who can attack score and assist - Aouar is good but he isnt that
Arthur is the only available option for now.

I didnt write him off as he just had few games here and could definitely improve but I think he should be instructed to play the ball forward more often - He usually just pass to the sides which is nice for possession but it doesnt really provides anything...

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Alaba between Real and Liverpool as things stand? Both are somewhat strongly linked to him...

It's not like Juve could satify his demands anyway. Since Bayern can't do that either...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)