Winter Mercato Thread 2021 (21 Viewers)

Who do you want as the vice-Morata?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
So you think if we told him come be a starter with Ronaldo, Dybala, De Ligt etc. he would've still chosen Dortmund?
Both of you are not accurate although you both provide one piece of the truth.

Raiola said about MDL - Juve is the best place for him. Then he was asked about Haaland and why hasnt he brought him to Juve.
He said two things:
1. He is not a defender
2. Juve would have put him in the primavera.

Not sure about if its one interview or more.

Anyway it doesnt really matter as he is in Dortmund and if we want him we need to pay this summer as later he would be joining Real for his release clause.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
did you ever check dortmund's starting lineup?
@DAiDEViL already responded to why he chose Dortmund. It's a better club/philosphy to develop young strikers.

The idea that someone who is so lethal in front of goal as a teenager dreaming to play with Dybala makes me chuckle. Ronaldo, yes. That makes more sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't mind him, Hust is just addicted to make snide remarks about Dybala for no reason.
You honestly think someone like Haaland dreams of playing along side someone like Dybala? Enough to run to the club? Come on. For no reason? LOL you did see what someone commented on that I was responding to, no?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
So you think if we told him come be a starter with Ronaldo, Dybala, De Ligt etc. he would've still chosen Dortmund?
Should we guarantee a star role he would have probably choose us over Dortmund but first team? Its still 60-40 to Dortmund as its obviously the best move for his career...

Anyway thar ship has sailed so its either pay now around 100m or fight later for 75m but then you expect Real to win the race...

If possible to reinforce our midfield along with signing him we should do it.
Otherwise we should take care of our subpar midfield

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Should we guarantee a star role he would have probably choose us over Dortmund but first team? Its still 60-40 to Dortmund as its obviously the best move for his career...

Anyway thar ship has sailed so its either pay now around 100m or fight later for 75m but then you expect Real to win the race...

If possible to reinforce our midfield along with signing him we should do it.
Otherwise we should take care of our subpar midfield
Fair, I respect your opinion, just agree to disagree.

He idolized Ronaldo, he was already very close to coming once and we have an excellent relationship with his agent.

And it's not like we have a terrible track record with young players. Pogba, Dybala, Morata, Kean, De Ligt, Bentancur all young players who got a lot of playing time and development here. IMO there's just no way if we told him come here to start with your idol he'd have still chosen Dortmund.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Fair, I respect your opinion, just agree to disagree.

He idolized Ronaldo, he was already very close to coming once and we have an excellent relationship with his agent.

And it's not like we have a terrible track record with young players. Pogba, Dybala, Morata, Kean, De Ligt, Bentancur all young players who got a lot of playing time and development here. IMO there's just no way if we told him come here to start with your idol he'd have still chosen Dortmund.
Well it all depends on various things such as contract and role.
If we just told him come here and you have to fight for your place - The best thing for him is to sign for Dortmund and Raiola isnt stupid. You can bet Raiola would have pushed him to Dortmund regardless as he is way more likely to command a high transfer fee from Dortmund than from Juventus.

At Dortmund he has a known attacking style which favors their CF - Perfect for someone like Haaland
At Juve you have a team in identity search - We want to be an attacking team but still cant find the balance doing it. If you go to the Allegri days its even worse as the style is not attacking enough for him to shine the way Raiola intends.

So its not just black and white ;), its more of a question of various things in which will provide him the best way to develop.

Im not a football player but as a kid I really liked Zola and even cheered for Chelsea (after Juve ofcourse).
Should I be given a choice - Chelsea or some other club - I`d pick the one that suits me the best and not just because the team has a player I really like.

Players have brains and when they dont have it their agent uses his for them.
The best move for him was Dortmund. I know it Raiola knows it Haaland knows it, most of the forum know it and I think deep inside of you - you know it too.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Well it all depends on various things such as contract and role.
If we just told him come here and you have to fight for your place - The best thing for him is to sign for Dortmund and Raiola isnt stupid. You can bet Raiola would have pushed him to Dortmund regardless as he is way more likely to command a high transfer fee from Dortmund than from Juventus.

At Dortmund he has a known attacking style which favors their CF - Perfect for someone like Haaland
At Juve you have a team in identity search - We want to be an attacking team but still cant find the balance doing it. If you go to the Allegri days its even worse as the style is not attacking enough for him to shine the way Raiola intends.

So its not just black and white ;), its more of a question of various things in which will provide him the best way to develop.

Im not a football player but as a kid I really liked Zola and even cheered for Chelsea (after Juve ofcourse).
Should I be given a choice - Chelsea or some other club - I`d pick the one that suits me the best and not just because the team has a player I really like.

Players have brains and when they dont have it their agent uses his for them.
The best move for him was Dortmund. I know it Raiola knows it Haaland knows it, most of the forum know it and I think deep inside of you - you know it too.
Again, considering all things, I really don't think so. Pogba and others didn't develop at Dortmund, they developed here. There's no law that says Dortmund>Juve at developing young guys, at least not without context. That is usually connected to the fact clubs like Dortmund can offer more playing time.

I'd agree Dortmund was a better move in hindsight with the amount of playing time he's getting there. But if we promised the same playing time AND a better chance for trophies AND a chance to play with Ronaldo I don't think it's even a contest. Haaland is a CR/Zlatan type. Full of himself, confident, egotistical, consistent, hungry etc. I think he would've relished a chance to come to a big club and immediately bang goals.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, considering all things, I really don't think so. Pogba and others didn't develop at Dortmund, they developed here. There's no law that says Dortmund>Juve at developing young guys, at least not without context. That is usually connected to the fact clubs like Dortmund can offer more playing time.

I'd agree Dortmund was a better move in hindsight with the amount of playing time he's getting there. But if we promised the same playing time AND a better chance for trophies AND a chance to play with Ronaldo I don't think it's even a contest. Haaland is a CR/Zlatan type. Full of himself, confident, egotistical, consistent, hungry etc. I think he would've relished a chance to come to a big club and immediately bang goals.
And yeah you may be right that he still would've chosen Dortmund in the end. My main issue and what I meant by 'bungled' is that we did not do everything within reason to get him here. Give him the same conditions as other clubs and then he makes his decision that's fine. We balked at demands of playing time when we had no reason to and thus didn't do everything we could've to get him here IMO

Last edited:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

- - - Updated - - -

And yeah you may be right that he still would've chosen Dortmund in the end. My main issue and what I meant by 'bungled' is that we did not do everything within reason to get him here. Give him the same conditions as other clubs and then he makes his decision that's fine. We balked at demands of playing time when we had no reason to and thus didn't do everything we could've to get him here IMO
Pogba is a different issue as he is a midfielder and not a CF.
As for the others I first need to understand what others mean...

I think its quite easy to understand what is the best place for young players but it really depends on their role and abilities.
CF is a role that Dortmund kind of specialize for. Their whole style is basically supporting their CF (not saying others cant score as well..).
Bayern are another great place for CF BUT they have Lewandowski so even if Halland is great, you cant expect him to bench Lewandowski while even if Bayern take that bet, I cant see him getting the minutes he would get with Dortmund.
Defense was basically our thing as when you think of a good place for CB there are only 2 teams that stand out - Juve and Atletico
Midfield is a bit more complicated as there are teams like Ajax Atalanta and there are also teams like Barcelona and Real while Bayern arent to be be overlooked.
But midfield is also about many roles from defending to attacking style, creative or strength so its not as easy to point out.
GK - Based on past great GK I`d say Juventus but I think any team with a good defense could help a GK confidence.

Anyway I think the question now is not what Haaland picked but more of bid now or have a slim chance of getting him in the future.
If we manage enough sales I`d say definitely go for it so we could also sign a great midfielder.
If we dont - Its a question of preference - Pick the star player but still have that problem in midfield or pick your midfielder and stay with a good CF but not an amazing one.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Sky is saying we’re still trying for Scamacca.

Here’s what I don’t understand. If the club likes him so much, why are they opposed to an obligation? He’s young, he’ll still have resale value in a couple years. We sold fuckin Zaza for like 20m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)