Winter mercato thread 2020 (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Just skip Rakitic altogether.

If you dump Berna and Can 30m each, we're fucking winners. Hell, even go for 20m each - that should help with buying someone capable. Rakitic is already 32yo, not much gas left in the tank.

Also, getting rid of Khedira and Matuidi would free up so much in wages (in addition to Can and Berna). We could finally fix the midfield, even if numerically we'd have less players. I'd be fine with that tbh.

Rabiot, Bentancur, Pjanic, Ramsey + two more mids (Tonali + ?).

Kulusevski and Costa to support the attack which stays as it is now.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
30m plus Rakitic for Berna is a no brainer IMO, just don't give him a high salary and no more than 2 years contract. Can should go and Sami aswel so Pjanic, Benta, Rabiot, Matuidi, Rakitic, Ramsey and Tonalli looks solid. It would be better with Eriksen or another B2B and without Matuidi but still, good for me
A 32 year old Rakitic and an unproven Tonali is a slight improvement - nothing to write home about really.

- - - Updated - - -

Letting Berna go would be retarded, he will lead us to CL glory! :delpiero:
Yeah, the LGBTX edition of that tournament, or perhaps The Subbuteo CL.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
If we can somehow get 50 million for both Can and Berna, that pays for Tonali. Sell/release a few fringe/past it players to free up wages, and we can target Pogba too.

Castrovilli and Zaniolo can be in our plans for the summer of 2021.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Agree with above. And WE ABSOLUTELY SUITS POGBA.
Juve is where pogba needs to be at right now.

- an environment he feels safe in
- he will be with other superstars and badboys (CR7 Dybala Bonbon) so he will be the only one under intense spotlight.
- will be able to learn from people he actually looks up to. CR7 Buffon Bonbon etc.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
A 32 year old Rakitic and an unproven Tonali is a slight improvement - nothing to write home about really.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, the LGBTX edition of that tournament, or perhaps The Subbuteo CL.
I still believe Rabiot, Ramsey and Benta have plenty room for improvement and I believe they would so for me it looks good. Now Tonalli looks so hot that I may be overrating him but I think he could be the real deal and be a reference in the years to come... that's how high I rate him, a potential WC Italian MF is not something so often lately so I want him

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
We have to keep the gap between us and rest of serie a, Rakitic and Tonali aren't enough. We need a super star in the middle.
I believe we will sign Pogba, not only for his quality on the pitch, he brings so much attention and money with himself. The trident of Ronaldo, Pogba and Dybala is out of this world.
I'm not sold over Paul cuz IMO he would still demand a +100m fee and I have to say that my position against the deal Paul+15m for Pipa is the same, I would never, ever, have done that deal. However, after 45m for Kuku plus around 50m for Tonalli (first priority IMO), I can't see how we can go for Paul too

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Come on dude. You're not sold on Pogba, but you believe perennially injured Ramsey and Angsty Rabiot can massively improve and a young Italian playing for a relegation candidate can become world class?

Pogba excelling is more likely to happen than what you're suggesting. He's a proven player in a toxic environment.

I get your concern regarding the money aspect, but this is the law of the mercato Bruh. We need to put ourselves in the best possible position to win in Europe, and with our current midfield that isn't happening.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
rakitic imo can have a resurgence in career and form in new environment.

i don't expect him to turn into his from from 5 years ago, but a new environment would suit him.

he simply won everything in barca. no motivation anymore.

look at lukaku, and how a change of environment and coach can return that fire to succeed in someone.

- - - Updated - - -

i still think we need a winger. if we get rakitic in swap for berna. great.

but a winger should be our priority in summer. we have no depth in attack if one of ronaldo or higgy gets injured or loses form.

Last edited:

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
rakitic imo can have a resurgence in career and form in new environment.

i don't expect him to turn into his from from 5 years ago, but a new environment would suit him.

he simply won everything in barca. no motivation anymore.

look at lukaku, and how a change of environment and coach can return that fire to succeed in someone.

- - - Updated - - -

i still think we need a winger. if we get rakitic in swap for berna. great.

but a winger should be our priority in summer. we have no depth in attack if one of ronaldo or higgy gets injured or loses form.
We signed the ginger ninja

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)