Winter mercato thread 2020 (29 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
People talk about our midfield like it needs a total over haul. Ok it's not great, actually I think it's more of a matter of finding the right balance and understanding the individual roles within this system.

Pjanic is key
Bentancur has been one of the revelations of the season and is increasingly important
Rabiot - I think has a role to play but is finding his feet still

The more this season goes on the more I think this will soon be our starting trio

Matuidi and Can brings more of a physical presence

Khedira - not even worth mentioning

I suppose you can count on Ramsey who needs continuity but he has quality

In reality we only really need a midfielder or two to complete it and have quality in depth

As for Eriksen, one of the main issues I think we will have with him is that since he is perfect for that role behind the forwards we are effectively limiting ourselves to just the 4-3-1-2 formation. With Kulusevski he brings tactical flexibility as he is able to play out wide, thus keeping ourselves open to a 4-3-3.

We know Sarri won't play any other formation than these 2.

Speaking of which I'm struggling to place where Eriksen would fit in this inter team

Last edited:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I underlined the key word

All this is still no reason to not try for Eriksen.
So why are inter the only team that is supposedly trying for Eriksen? Where's PSG? Madrid? etc... surely they can't turn down the chance right?

- - - Updated - - -

If I was a gambling man, I'd be spending my millions NOW on a Eriksen and use the REST to buy a bunch of "maybes".
I can see why you're not a gambling man :p

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Fabio Paratici's strategy is to invest €250M in young talents, Who can potentially explode as he did wit De Ligt & Demiral. [TS]
I think you may have misunderstood the headline from TS

"The future of Juve is already worth €250m
From De Ligt to Kulusevski, the 20-year-olds signed or booked by the Bianconeri represent an economic and sporting heritage of a high level that can guarantee more winning seasons"

Apr 17, 2013
Everyone needs to friggin relax.

We have an inbound Kulu coming for 45m (not to worry because its "spread out over 4 years"). We have the 2nd coming of Nintendo who will fully develop into a WC youngster by the start of next season.

Dontcha know we are revolutionizing our youth setup?

Personally, I can't wait to unleash Cotter to terrorize Seria A defenses by the year 2023 at the earliest.

Eriksen you ask? That would ruin EVERYTHING we are working for.

What I'm saying is...we need to keep Sami alive long enough to guide our midfield until our youth are developed. :baus:
Welcome to the club ,dude. There are beers in the cooler if you want one.

Dh2s-syWkAAkZyq.jpg

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Eriksen hasn't been outstanding for 1.5 years? :howler: :rofl:

Our entire midfield has been garbage for almost half a decade, including everyone's favorite moody inconsistent Balkan Pjanic. Eriksen is better, significantly better, than Mediocre Matuidi, Passive Pjanic, Slothful Sami, Cantankerous Can, Recalcitrant Rabiot, Blatantly Bad Burnturdeski, and Brutish Bentancur.
:rofl::rofl:back on track man

- - - Updated - - -

We have Berna so we don't need Eriksen

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
It makes perfect sense because Eriksen is better then ALL of them.
Well what are we gonna do all these players on high wages? No can team afford to have Costa, Ramsey, Berna and Dybala on bench.

- - - Updated - - -

that's one of our main issues this season: we have quantity, but not quality for that position. ramsey is rarely available and lacks match fitness, same for costa and he rarely played in the middle of the pitch, berna is having by far the worst season of his not so illustrious career, and dybala is wasted the moment you move him away from the opposition goal.

as osman said, eriksen would make perfect sense for 4-3-1-2 (or 3-4-1-2 for that matter; sarri would never try that anyway). eriksen's born to play in the hole.
I do agree on the quantity. Main question is can we sell Costa, and Berna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)