Winter mercato thread 2020 (25 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
You germans are so weird about this, your agenda against Costa is bizzare. Yea he is injured too much and not reliable. But when he plays he is quality, Bernardeschi is hot garbage. No way in hell should he be kept over when most crippled Costa.
I was a big Bernadeschi fan, but this is unfortunately true. After a good first season, he was decidedly mediocre for most of last year, aside from his fantastic Atletico match in which he was our 2nd best performer behind Ronaldo. But this year he’s gotten even worse, truly garbage.

I’d say the only reason the club considers keeping Bernadeschi and selling Costa is that Costa is on double the wages and 30 years old to start next season. Probably less content as a bench/role player too. If we’re trying to lower our wage bill and get younger, Bernadeschi is probably the better choice as a back-up even though he’s offered zilch of late.

Ideally, if Costa can’t stay fit or find form again this year, we sell both, and get 1 world class replacement for Costa, and a young, talented player on reasonable wages in place of Bernadeschi (perhaps already got this with Dejan).

Buy on AliExpress.com

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
pjanic sometime becomes a hole
because he plays defensive midfield. Just like in 2014 when we played pirlo at DM we were so open in midfield and barca destroyed us.

Italians and their stupid tactics need to change. stop with this deep lying playmaker BS and lets play strong defensive midfielder in that position.

Look at all of the past champions league winners.
2019 Liverpool had Fabinho,
2018/17/16 real Madrid have Casemiro,
2015 Barcelona had busquets,
2014 RM had Xavi Alonso
2013 Bayern had Martinez and Sweinsteiger
2012 Chelsea had essien

etcc etccc

Apr 19, 2007
Because 7 of 9 of them were basically useless, for us at least.

I think Kulu will be good, or at least be useful in plusvalenza to sign JonJo Shelvey.
If the expectation is to make a huge signing in the middle of the season and take someones best player right now thats a bit naive and doesnt happen often. I will say up until last year being cup tied stopped most big players from moving as well as it being pretty pointless.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If the expectation is to make a huge signing in the middle of the season and take someones best player right now thats a bit naive and doesnt happen often. I will say up until last year being cup tied stopped most big players from moving as well as it being pretty pointless.
And if we didn't get him in the summer people would be saying we should have got him in the winter. You just can't win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)