Winter mercato thread 2020 (25 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
"Inter interested in Eriksen" like they discovered him :rofl:

I can guarantee he will NOT end up at Inda. Italian journalist are so fucking lame.

That is fucking retarded

Inter interested in Vidal
Who we already found 9 years ago and won Serie A with multiple times

Inter interested in Kulusevski, but not interested enough to do what we done and actually pay up

Then Eriksen... Who we were linked to initially because we have a decade long obsession with scooping up free players

Retarded.

Buy on AliExpress.com

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
You think Khedira leaving is optimistic? Do we usually get charged for letting players leave for free?
If a player has no place to go, then yes, you have to pay him so that he agrees to terminate the contract. Otherwise he'll be more than happy to stay in a competitive team with the wages he's being paid.

Nobody gives money away for free man.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
And how Eriksen for free in the summer is not realistic?? Juve's wage bill is so big only because of Ronaldo and he brought a lot of revenue, marketing and exposure to our brand and I believe we want to continue on this path and sign big players. Eriken is not big marketing wise but will be great for us and another 10 mil a year salary while we offload some of the bigger earners that dont play much is doable. And I think we will buy another big star in the next few years.
This is simply not true. Players on big wages out of my head:
Higuain - 7.5m
De Ligt - 8m
Dybala - 7m
Rabiot - 7m
Ramsey - 7m
Douglas Costa - 6.5m
Pjanic - 6m
Mandzukic - 5.5m? (just got rid of those wages)
Bonucci - 5.5m
Emre Can - 5m

wages given in net, means you have to keep in mind it is almost a double of that with taxes. Also, bonuses are there to be counted in.

and those are only a bunch of players that Juve has. On top of that we've got difficult to offload players like Perin and Pjaca. Each of them makes about 2m net I'd say.

Moving players on high wages is much more difficult than you think. Especially if they have some book value to the club, you have to make some money from transfer fee but on top of that players don't give away money like that, too.

To sum up - no, at the moment it's not realistic to hope Juve goes all in for Pogba or Eriksen. If the club manages to sell in January, then maybe but there will be more sales necessary next Summer and we've seen how difficult it was to sell players last Summer.

Apr 19, 2007
If a player has no place to go, then yes, you have to pay him so that he agrees to terminate the contract. Otherwise he'll be more than happy to stay in a competitive team with the wages he's being paid.

Nobody gives money away for free man.
Why would he agree to terminate his contract of which he is on massive wages?
So how much did we give Mandzukic,Alves, and others that went for free?

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Alves went off to PSG, they have the money and they wanted him. He was after a successful season. Khedira is literally broken on the other hand, so the comparison doesn't make any sense and you know that. Also, wasn't Alves' contract expiring that Summer?

Mandzukic? He cost us six month of salary and he got that for nothing because he refused to go. Just like mentioned before, it's not easy to convince a player to move somewhere else. In the end he went to Qatar because they threw very good money at him so it was worth giving up the Juve salary. In the end we never know if the club had to pay anything extra to get rid of him.

Get back to earth man, you can't even come up with proper examples to back your point up...

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Did they take wage cuts to go to their new clubs?

I genuinely don't know if Mandzukic did, but I know Alves didn't.

Alves also joined another prestigious and competitive team with CL ambitions. I don't think there's any realistic hope of that for Khedira. If he leaves, it's gonna be to some small time club who will at least have to match his wages, if not increase them. That's optimistic.

EDIT: What @LiquidPLP said

Apr 19, 2007
Alves went off to PSG, they have the money and they wanted him. He was after a successful season. Khedira is literally broken on the other hand, so the comparison doesn't make any sense and you know that. Also, wasn't Alves' contract expiring that Summer?

Mandzukic? He cost us six month of salary and he got that for nothing because he refused to go. Just like mentioned before, it's not easy to convince a player to move somewhere else. In the end he went to Qatar because they threw very good money at him so it was worth giving up the Juve salary. In the end we never know if the club had to pay anything extra to get rid of him.

Get back to earth man, you can't even come up with proper examples to back your point up...
Marchisio(mutual termination)
Mandzukic(mutual termination)
Alves- 1 year left(terminated by mutual consent)
Llorente was mutual termination as well I believe

I gave you 3 definite ones that were all high wage earners in their 30s. Tell me why Khedira doing the same is insane?

- - - Updated - - -

Also forget about Khedira. We are lowering our wage bill just on the ones we know about for a few PROVEN ways.
January first we start the foreign player tax breaks. MDL,Rabiot,Ramsey, Danillo are all inlcuded which will save us money.
Can is leaving unless you think hes not leaving bc he will have to take a step down
Perin leaving and no replacement needed
Mandzukic gone with no replacement needed

If everything else stays the same we will be saving 20 mil just in those and probably closer to 30. A few players like Dybala will get small increases and offset 5-10 of that

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2014
It’s not really free though. There are other risks. You will definitely overpay on salary since it will be an all out bidding war, agents will be get paid big as well, and while you save on the transfer fee, the wage you will pay is going to be massive and possibly impossible to move if the player is disappointing. I think Eriksen’s worth it TBH, but juve in general needs to ease up on the free transfers. It works well when you’re in catch up, but we’re caught up. The level to play on juve is very very high now. Signing players like Ramsey just can’t happen anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with some points, Can was not worth it, Rabiot and Ramsey too so far we'll see how that's going to turn out. I also agree that we need to ease up on free transfers looking how the last few turned out but Eriksen is the exception and will improve us significantly so I'm all for it and if we offload some of the players we dont need that are taking big salaries that will be huge for the future.

- - - Updated - - -

This is simply not true. Players on big wages out of my head:
Higuain - 7.5m
De Ligt - 8m
Dybala - 7m
Rabiot - 7m
Ramsey - 7m
Douglas Costa - 6.5m
Pjanic - 6m
Mandzukic - 5.5m? (just got rid of those wages)
Bonucci - 5.5m
Emre Can - 5m

wages given in net, means you have to keep in mind it is almost a double of that with taxes. Also, bonuses are there to be counted in.

and those are only a bunch of players that Juve has. On top of that we've got difficult to offload players like Perin and Pjaca. Each of them makes about 2m net I'd say.

Moving players on high wages is much more difficult than you think. Especially if they have some book value to the club, you have to make some money from transfer fee but on top of that players don't give away money like that, too.

To sum up - no, at the moment it's not realistic to hope Juve goes all in for Pogba or Eriksen. If the club manages to sell in January, then maybe but there will be more sales necessary next Summer and we've seen how difficult it was to sell players last Summer.
First Ronaldo's salary is as bis as the next four top earners on the payroll and you misunderstood me I just want Eriksen, Pogba is not a reality at this point as you pointed out we have some underperforming players on salaries that they dont deserve and are hard to sell, but I believe as of now we have room for Eriksen and he will improve us significantly at the place we need the most improvement the midfield.

Apr 19, 2007
I agree with some points, Can was not worth it, Rabiot and Ramsey too so far we'll see how that's going to turn out. I also agree that we need to ease up on free transfers looking how the last few turned out but Eriksen is the exception and will improve us significantly so I'm all for it and if we offload some of the players we dont need that are taking big salaries that will be huge for the future.

- - - Updated - - -

First Ronaldo's salary is as bis as the next four top earners on the payroll and you misunderstood me I just want Eriksen, Pogba is not a reality at this point as you pointed out we have some underperforming players on salaries that they dont deserve and are hard to sell, but I believe as of now we have room for Eriksen and he will improve us significantly at the place we need the most improvement the midfield.
My only concern with not getting free players is 2 things
1. Who will we bring in to make the team better with the same money
2. We dont know if the player will flop or not and the risk is much lower for free.

A few examples
1. Costa-40 mil-Good player and was for it at the time but has been injured. He is on high wages and also transfer fee. Hasnt made a huge impact
Berna-Same type situation
Matuidi-20 mil and somewhat high wages

Free players-Ramsey and Rabiot- Good players with high potential both on high wages but free- Both could break into our starting 11. Are they world beaters? Absolutely not
Khedira-Free-brought us good performances on the field but not a world beater by any stretch and is now past it

Pirlo,Coman,Pogba,Llorente,Alves,Barza were all good-incredible freebies

Im not so sure the freebie purchase is our issue but where we spend the big money and why. Lets say we had 75-80 to spend. Its tough to think of 3 players to bring in that have the potential impact of Ramsey,Rabiot and MDL. All are young and if 1 of them turns our great,one rotational and the other we cut for free its worth it because there isnt much money tied up. We bitch about Can and act like if we didnt get him we would have gotten some great player in his place. Thats laughable

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Ramsey is not young. And you don’t “cut for free” players on +6mil net wages for year. If Ramsey and/or Rabiot flop badly here, we shall have a hell of a time offloading them with the wages they earn.

And when you combine the wages of Ramsey, Rabiot, Can... you have ~20mil net/year there on long term contracts. Plus agent fees per player of 16mil for Can and I’m sure similar for the others. That’s a big hit if not one of them can be a starting XI player. We have a surplus of bodies in the mid that aren’t good enough for this team, and we just bought another AM for 40-50mil once bonuses are taken into account. Surely, we don’t have to pounce on every freebie deal that appears just to be “opportunistic”.

While not getting Can doesn’t mean we could have bought some great player instead. Not getting Can and one of Rabiot/Ramsey on high wages probably does mean we could have made a better CM signing this past summer.

Apr 19, 2007
Ramsey is not young. And you don’t “cut for free” players on +6mil net wages for year. If Ramsey and/or Rabiot flop badly here, we shall have a hell of a time offloading them with the wages they earn.

And when you combine the wages of Ramsey, Rabiot, Can... you have ~20mil net/year there on long term contracts. Plus agent fees per player of 16mil for Can and I’m sure similar for the others. That’s a big hit if not one of them can be a starting XI player. We have a surplus of bodies in the mid that aren’t good enough for this team, and we just bought another AM for 40-50mil once bonuses are taken into account. Surely, we don’t have to pounce on every freebie deal that appears just to be “opportunistic”.

While not getting Can doesn’t mean we could have bought some great player instead. Not getting Can and one of Rabiot/Ramsey on high wages probably does mean we could have made a better CM signing this past summer.
I agree but its all easy in hindsight. Also if we wouldnt have signed Rabiot Ramsey we wouldnt have afforded Demiral and MDL so it is a tradeoff and not just one decision. Do you think offloading Can will be hard?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Chelsea make transfer offer of cash plus Olivier Giroud for Moussa Dembele at Lyon as their search for striker goes on (The Sun)
Shitty source but great if true, Lyon lose their best striker one month before playing us, and we definitely avoid Giroud’s purchase.
if that happens, we will almost certainly be eliminated by Giroud goal

Apr 19, 2007
I agree but its all easy in hindsight. Also if we wouldnt have signed Rabiot Ramsey we wouldnt have afforded Demiral and MDL so it is a tradeoff and not just one decision. Do you think offloading Can will be hard?
Also we are talking about getting a guy like Can who would have worked under Allegri decently in the same summer we just invested huge in Ronaldo. We bought those two mids who are more technical while trying to revamp the midfield to a possesion style. Perspective is everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)