Winter mercato thread 2020 (21 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I have zero complaints over the defense. Even Danilo. I'm indifferent to him to be honest. We have argueably set ourselves up to KEEP having the best CB partnerships in the league and possibly Europe. It is hard to come close to having another BBC setup but if Romero turns out good we are looking to be in a great spot for defense, regardless who comes and goes as a coach.

Our attack is fine, but we need rotation. And no, that doesn't mean sign a band-aide fix like Matri for 6 months but come on, Haaland was there for the taking, Raiola is our man to help get these players but we seemed to sour to it. Makes no sense unless we plan on going big for midfield next month.

And yes, if the only change to our midfield is a contract extension for Matuidi and a swap b/t Can & Paredes, then yes, our winter mercato is a failure because it fails to address our weakness which is clearly midfield.

Everyone says Eriksen is primed for Madrid. Have we even tried to sign him? Seems like only rumors but nothing concrete from us.

I still can't believe for the same or less in value we could have saved on Bernardeschi and gotten Haaland. I think that guy has scored more goals in one half a season than Deschie has in all his Seria A career. Not to mention, a lot of those goals are also from the CL. The guy is a friggin' teenager and slots in goals on the norm.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, I am more angry at the club for extending Blaise than I am for missing Haaland.
to be fair it's not Paratici's fault for signing Bernadeschi. If anything Marotta was in charge of transfers and AA signs the cheques.

- - - Updated - - -

No one, absolutely no one, lost their shit because Pellegri who had played just couple senior games and a goal to go with it, went to Monaco.

Comparing top scoring Haaland who scored the most in CL amas we speaking, to a complete youth player level Pellegri. Is just bizzare.

You truly are nuts for inventing anything possible to excuse away this BS.
ah i see you still have learning difficulties...

- - - Updated - - -

We spent 40m buying Bernardeschi from Fiorentina. We miss out on Haaland for 30m.

One has scored 32 goals in his entire Senior career in the league since 2013. Other other sits at 28 goals in one season and is still a teenager :lol:
for the last time Haaland went for a lot more than 30 mill

You know there is always a premium signing players from the same country as the league you compete it. Not justifying Bernadeschi's signing here but hindsight is a wonderful thing

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He had a release clause for 30m. That's what I'm saying we missed out on him. I don't care what we would have paid Raiola. Missing on a 30m release clause is stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)