Winter mercato thread 2020 (32 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
So what's the excuse for missing out on Haaland after rejecting Cavani for 'younger targets'? Too young? Too cheap, mastermind needs a challenge?
15 mill to raiola
plus 10 mill to the father
then the 30 mill to the club

6 mill a year in wages which goes up to 8 after a while, most probably a release clause attached.

Probably just as well we missed out on him based on those silly figures

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
15 mill to raiola
plus 10 mill to the father
then the 30 mill to the club

6 mill a year in wages which goes up to 8 after a while, most probably a release clause attached.

Probably just as well we missed out on him based on those silly figures
No, it's 20m rc + 10 to father + 15 to Raiola. Which is still nothing given the talent and need we have for someone like him.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
I can imagine people would slate Paratici for spending that sort of money

With the money involved it reminds me of the Pellegri saga again
With talents like Haaland for THIS cheap you can never really miss. Worst case scenario you can still resell him later to some Bundesliga or EPL club for similar amount. JUst by talent alone he'll be worth 30-ish m for a few years no matter how he plays.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
With talents like Haaland for THIS cheap you can never really miss. Worst case scenario you can still resell him later to some Bundesliga or EPL club for similar amount. JUst by talent alone he'll be worth 30-ish m for a few years no matter how he plays.
cheap when you dont take into account the commission made by the father and raiola yes.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Raiola is a top agent in the sense that he gets big money for his clients leaving all the pressure on the player. De Ligt, Pogba and now Haaland went to the best teams for their development. No doubt that De Ligt will be pushed to Madrid in a few years time just like Pogba went to United with us making a killing. Pogba will get another big money move for sure regardless of his current form, the Raiola marketing machine is strong.

Regarding our market, we should be looking for players that are on the bench and not any starters because we won't get starters unless it's China.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I can imagine people would slate Paratici for spending that sort of money

With the money involved it reminds me of the Pellegri saga again
U hated beppe for not signing ansaldi lol

but u not mad at Paratici for not spending 30m on a real talent like Haaland?

wuuuuut?

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
U hated beppe for not signing ansaldi lol

but u not mad at Paratici for not spending 30m on a real talent like Haaland?

wuuuuut?
But it's not 30 mill though is it...

Besides what happened to the "But we don't need Haaland" people? suddenly Paratici is deemed incompetent for throwing +45 mill to bring him here on top of the silly wages and release clause

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
But it's not 30 mill though is it...

Besides what happened to the "But we don't need Haaland" people? suddenly Paratici is deemed incompetent for throwing +45 mill to bring him here on top of the silly wages and release clause
"45m" for Haaland (even if it means paying Raiola) is still wayyyyyy less than what its going to cost us to keep buying strikers in their prime (Higuain 90m, Ronaldo 100m). Think about it...strikers are ALWAYS the most expensive players and here we go missing one at the beginning of what looks like a great career if he keeps it up. We keep MISSING these opportunities for attackers and end up shelling out money like we did for Higuian & Ronaldo. Why can't we beat other clubs to the punch like we did for MDL?

Bro, we could have got him for less or close to the same as we spent on Bernardeschi :lol:

I'm sorry man. You can't swing the argument any way other than the club fucked up missing him.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
"45m" for Haaland (even if it means paying Raiola) is still wayyyyyy less than what its going to cost us to keep buying strikers in their prime (Higuain 90m, Ronaldo 100m). Think about it...strikers are ALWAYS the most expensive players and here we go missing one at the beginning of what looks like a great career if he keeps it up. We keep MISSING these opportunities for attackers and end up shelling out money like we did for Higuian & Ronaldo. Why can't we beat other clubs to the punch like we did for MDL?

Bro, we could have got him for less or close to the same as we spent on Bernardeschi :lol:

I'm sorry man. You can't swing the argument any way other than the club fucked up missing him.
Sorry but what other attacking opportunities do you speak of? At least under the Paratici era I can only think of this being one, but weigh that up against Marotta missing out on pellegri who was a winter signing for monaco and we all lost our shit then too (myself included). Ironically you were the one to tell me to calm down back then

You can say Paratici signed Han on the cheap even if he has struggled with injuries since he was the flavour of the month.

If you want to discuss other opportunities:

Rabiot was one. Ok so he hasn't hit the ground running but I think more than many here would have been annoyed to miss out on him, same could be said for Ramsey.
MDL
Demiral
Romero? (even if he's not one of my favourite)
Paratici even presented Ronaldo as an opportunity to AA

Now i don't mean to piss you off in any way but you mentioned earlier that if we don't sign a midfielder then this winter mercato is a failure.

Firstly would signing Paredes make it any more or less of a failure?
Who else fits the bill?
Bare in mind we would have to pay above the market value for anyone actually useful, whilst short term fixes like Vidal will do more harm than good in the long run.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Sorry but what other attacking opportunities do you speak of? At least under the Paratici era I can only think of this being one, but weigh that up against Marotta missing out on pellegri who was a winter signing for monaco and we all lost our shit then too (myself included). Ironically you were the one to tell me to calm down back then

You can say Paratici signed Han on the cheap even if he has struggled with injuries since he was the flavour of the month.

If you want to discuss other opportunities:

Rabiot was one. Ok so he hasn't hit the ground running but I think more than many here would have been annoyed to miss out on him, same could be said for Ramsey.
MDL
Demiral
Romero? (even if he's not one of my favourite)
Paratici even presented Ronaldo as an opportunity to AA

Now i don't mean to piss you off in any way but you mentioned earlier that if we don't sign a midfielder then this winter mercato is a failure.

Firstly would signing Paredes make it any more or less of a failure?
Who else fits the bill?
Bare in mind we would have to pay above the market value for anyone actually useful, whilst short term fixes like Vidal will do more harm than good in the long run.
I have zero complaints over the defense. Even Danilo. I'm indifferent to him to be honest. We have argueably set ourselves up to KEEP having the best CB partnerships in the league and possibly Europe. It is hard to come close to having another BBC setup but if Romero turns out good we are looking to be in a great spot for defense, regardless who comes and goes as a coach.

Our attack is fine, but we need rotation. And no, that doesn't mean sign a band-aide fix like Matri for 6 months but come on, Haaland was there for the taking, Raiola is our man to help get these players but we seemed to sour to it. Makes no sense unless we plan on going big for midfield next month.

And yes, if the only change to our midfield is a contract extension for Matuidi and a swap b/t Can & Paredes, then yes, our winter mercato is a failure because it fails to address our weakness which is clearly midfield.

Everyone says Eriksen is primed for Madrid. Have we even tried to sign him? Seems like only rumors but nothing concrete from us.

I still can't believe for the same or less in value we could have saved on Bernardeschi and gotten Haaland. I think that guy has scored more goals in one half a season than Deschie has in all his Seria A career. Not to mention, a lot of those goals are also from the CL. The guy is a friggin' teenager and slots in goals on the norm.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, I am more angry at the club for extending Blaise than I am for missing Haaland.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
No one, absolutely no one, lost their shit because Pellegri who had played just couple senior games and a goal to go with it, went to Monaco.

Comparing top scoring Haaland who scored the most in CL as we speaking, to a complete youth player level Pellegri. Is just bizzare.

You truly are nuts for inventing anything possible to excuse away this BS.

Last edited:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We spent 40m buying Bernardeschi from Fiorentina. We miss out on Haaland for 30m.

One has scored 32 goals in his entire Senior career in the league since 2013. Other other sits at 28 goals in one season and is still a teenager :lol:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
We spent 40m buying Bernardeschi from Fiorentina. We miss out on Haaland for 30m.

One has scored 32 goals in his entire Senior career in the league since 2013. Other other sits at 28 goals in one season and is still a teenager :lol:
How do the leagues compare though?

But yeah. Frigging Beppe man. Done fucked up with Berna. If only Fabio would have been there to do the scouting.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
How do the leagues compare though?

But yeah. Frigging Beppe man. Done fucked up with Berna. If only Fabio would have been there to do the scouting.
Austrian league, yeah, still, when was the last time a 18-19 year old put those numbers up anywhere though?

Also, he has done remarkably well in the CL too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)