Winter mercato thread 2020 (23 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Spending 40M on someone like Tonali would be great value, he'd easily become double that in a couple of years.
What is €40m in todays market? you have youngsters in other leagues with a single good season and they're rated €80m.
The objective should always be Italians first IF they match the talent required. Tonali seems quality already and we've followed him for years - I consider him and Chiesa must haves for the summer window.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I thought you randomly brought this up, but this is an actual rumour.

I'm not sure why would do it? Eriksen can be bought cheap in january or free next summer. Rabiot despite early struggles is a fantastic option to have.
Too many mezzalas, one has to go. Rabiot the pick over Ramsey.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Selling Can, Khedira should be considered first
Need Can. He's only other physical mid we have besides Matuidi. Plus he's eclectic.

Agree with Khedira but in summer, not Jan.

And surely there'll be no Rabiot out or Eriksen in in Jan. Paratici is stalking him for next season. We won't let Rabiot go already in midseason and also lose out on plusvalenza.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Playing some fantasy football here, but what do you think of replacing Pjanic with Verratti? There's plenty of The Sun level reporting that major clubs want to splurge big on Pjanic, and him nearing 30 years of age it'd almost be destiny that Verratti would come back to Italy to join the team he always should've been playing for. In terms of playing style he would be the perfect fit, but considering PSG:s reluctance to sell key players it sounds like a far fetch. IMO I'd sell my left nut to see him join Juve and us investing more into quality Italian players instead of splurging millions in wages into foreign mercs like Can.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
There's no reason pjanic can't go for another 4 years at this level with his style of play so nah. Verratti whilst I used to want and still rate, has stagnated and every time I tune in for a big PSG CL game in the last 5 years I swear he's either injured or suspended.

Wed end up with an injured XI that would walk the CL whilst our actual XI gets spanked in the last 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)