Winter mercato thread 2020 (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
The 2003 season was just too much to handle - We were by far the best team in the tournament and we played a bore draw only because they banned our "Messi"..
Im pretty sure we would have humiliated Milan should Nedved allowed to play.. This year was probably our worst ever loss in a CL final - It was ours to lose IMO
2015 We were very good but Barca was exceptional and we did give them a good fight despite the loss
2017 We were no match for Real..

As for previous ones 98 - We were equal to Real in that final and maybe even a bit better but no huge difference in terms of this specific game
97 - I think we had an amazing season and played amazing type of football but we had a horrible night and it was shown..
2003 Milan was average and the fact we didnt take advantage of it hurts as we all know that despite Milan winning the CL - We were the real best in Europe.

- - - Updated - - -

Im also pretty sure we would have won most if not all their scudettos should this whole crappy thing not happened
Totally. Remember we had like 8 players who started or comed off the bench for their national teams in the wc final in 2006.
Buffon zambrota thuram canavaro camoranesi del piero Vieira trezeguet.
We were stacked.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 29, 2006
Yeah we were going Galactico before Real Madrid. Not only that we did the 'right' Galactico - top players, but only those willing to give 'everything' for this team. Ibrahimovic (and his agent MINO!) gave up half his salary(compared to other offers) to come here, he was happy he got a free Enzo out of it. :howler:

Recently watched Slaven Bilic teaching Jamie Carragher english and football on Sky 1. He was talking about 'powerful' and 'hard' clubs, where the players DON'T have the power(like in PSG, Real M...). His first pick was Juventus.

The fact that Moggi did that on a shoe string budget, while exchanging shit for gold with our biggest rivals makes him my hero. For a guy who owes it all to his brains he is a truly amazing professional. Or IMHO at least.

Jul 13, 2010
Wow I'm so far away from other leagues lol. So Willian is now making people puke? He was great last time I saw him.

But then again, that's like with di matteo's chelsea

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I have wanted Willian here before - I must admit, since our change with Ronaldo and our current strong appeal - I have changed my standards..
I wouldnt mind him as an option should the wages be reasonable..

Just realized he is already 31 years old.. Do not want!

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Lol I am almost 33 with a wife and son.
That 2003 final was the worst loss.
Cried after that one.
Let's hope we win it sooner than later.

I am almost 36 with a wife and a son too. Congrats btw on that. :)
For me the worst loss was 2017 Cardiff. It broke my heart. I don't have hopes anymore we will win it.

- - - Updated - - -

So when was the last time that a not financially powerful team won it.

I don't know Liverpool's exact financial situation but they are hardly the top team in Europe in that category. Same goes for Tottenham and Ajax.

Last edited:

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
I am almost 36 with a wife and a son too. Congrats btw on that. :)
For me the worst loss was 2017 Cardiff. It broke my heart. I don't have hopes anymore we will win it.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know Liverpool's exact financial situation but they are hardly the top team in Europe in that category. Same goes for Tottenham and Ajax.
I'm right on your tail, age wise. :)
Tottenham can be one but they didn't win.
The same were we back in 2015.
We built that team on a budget.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
The biggest irony is, if we win the league with 100 points and we lost in UCL final against Inter with 1 goal only from Lukaku

We live up our Live Ahead tagline in Serie A and Inter live up their Not For Everyone tagline in CL

But this cannot happen in real life. Just in Conte's wildest dream

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I have wanted Willian here before - I must admit, since our change with Ronaldo and our current strong appeal - I have changed my standards..
I wouldnt mind him as an option should the wages be reasonable..

Just realized he is already 31 years old.. Do not want!
Do not want... players in their prime!

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Do not want... players in their prime!
Well
1. Do you think he is in his prime now?
2. Even if he is a good player - I dont think he would be a starter as we will get Chiesa IMO who will start on the right while D.C will be on the left and Ronaldo will finally get a central role IMO and if you consider Ronaldo as a winger then its even worse for Willian as he will fall down the pecking order even more..
I doubt Willian would accept the bench at 32..
3. If we do get him it means we will hand him a contract that is good enough for his liking which means - wages not exactly the lowest while it will be more than a 1 year contract which will make him a burden a year after as I highly doubt he will function like we want at the age of 33 or 34...

- - - Updated - - -

The biggest irony is, if we win the league with 100 points and we lost in UCL final against Inter with 1 goal only from Lukaku

We live up our Live Ahead tagline in Serie A and Inter live up their Not For Everyone tagline in CL

But this cannot happen in real life. Just in Conte's wildest dream

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk
Inter to win the CL?! I dont even think they will advance from their group stage..
They have Barcelona - They will definitely qualify
They have Dortmund - They can overcome Dortmund but I think its 60-40 in favor of Dortmund + I can see Dortmund getting all points from the minnows and maybe even a point or 3 at home vs Barcelona but I cant see Inter doing the same..
Inter might go 2nd but more likely to finish 3rd (Said the same last year when they had Tottenham and I was proven right)

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Seems Verratti is still in the make money no ambition business - Ready to extend his contract - His wages should rise from 7 to 12 according to FI

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
If your current boss wants to double your salary, you gonna say no? :D
Well Im not as talented in my work as Verratti.. Its not as if I say no, Google will step in..
Anyway I guess he is PSG for life - Too bad as he is a Juventino and could help our passing game

- - - Updated - - -

you make it sound as if PSG is Arsenal and not a team with neymar and mfappe
Yeah but Neymar wanted to leave while Mbappe is extremely young and French so give him time and he`ll ask to leave too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)