Winter mercato thread 2020 (20 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
why is he not? Sure the rumors are that he wants Spain but that doesnt mean he will end up there
We will continue to sign mediocre freebies to continue the trend of patching our midfield. Players like Eriksen don't leave for free.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I dont understand, you think someone will buy him in january right before his contract expires?
Either that or he signs a new deal w/ the Spurs. Then the random forest simulation can take place and who knows what could transpire.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Either that or he signs a new deal w/ the Spurs. Then the random forest simulation can take place and who knows what could transpire.
I doubt anyone will buy him in January, the value he provides to Spurs in ensuring they get top 4 place will still be more than anyone will likely be willing to pay for a player they can get for free next season and if he were interested in resiging he would have done it already.

not like spurs didnt already offer him a massive wage to avoid this very situation

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I doubt anyone will buy him in January, the value he provides to Spurs in ensuring they get top 4 place will still be more than anyone will likely be willing to pay for a player they can get for free next season and if he were interested in resiging he would have done it already.

not like spurs didnt already offer him a massive wage to avoid this very situation
They still have time to re-up his deal.

I just wouldn't be optimistic about a player of his caliber leaving for free. The Spurs aren't that dumb to not at least cash in on him if he truly departs.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
They still have time to re-up his deal.

I just wouldn't be optimistic about a player of his caliber leaving for free. The Spurs aren't that dumb to not at least cash in on him if he truly departs.
So why they didn't sell him this summer?

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Erisken sure. I'm not getting excited about signing a bunch of 34 year olds in the twilight of their careers. We need to stop this freebie shit, especially when it comes to our midfield - we don't need more ageing geezers on high salaries.
I agree although I wasnt keen on old Pirlo either yet we signed him and he was instrumental for our scudetto... Anyway times changed..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)