Winter mercato thread 2020 (44 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
nah. Barella from what I’m reading on Tuz today is underrated. Him and Sensi are a major part of why Inter has been able to keep pace with us this year, and also why they struggled the past few weeks when they were injured. I see both growing into top class CMs, though Inter may do the usual trick in wrecking their potential I hope.
I'd rather Sensi, as a rotation option. A midfield of Pogba, Bentancur, Tonali, Sensi, Ramsey and a budding talent from Ligue 1 or the Eredivisie and we're set.

- - - Updated - - -

I must confess, I don't recall watching it. :sad:

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to tell you. I am leaving for 5 weeks again for work at the end of the month. No phone/computer where I will be so I can open up the threads for all those matches this week or you can have someone else do it. Let me know.
:shocked: Where are you going? Sounds dangerous :b81:

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I'd rather Sensi, as a rotation option. A midfield of Pogba, Bentancur, Tonali, Sensi, Ramsey and a budding talent from Ligue 1 or the Eredivisie and we're set.
Pogba and Tonali is like 180 mil... you think after spending 40-45m on Dejan, possibly buying back Orsolini for 25-30m this summer, we’re going to spend 180m on two CMs? I think not. One of Pogba or Tonali (hopefully Tonali) and someone free/cheap is what it will be.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Pogba and Tonali is like 180 mil... you think after spending 40-45m on Dejan, possibly buying back Orsolini for 25-30m this summer, we’re going to spend 180m on two CMs? I think not. One of Pogba or Tonali (hopefully Tonali) and someone free/cheap is what it will be.
That won't be enough, I'm afraid. Nowhere near good enough. Pogba and Tonali is more like 150 mil and we can sell Can, Rabiot and Pjanic to fund those acquisitions :klin:

Orsolini shouldn't be a priority.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
That won't be enough, I'm afraid. Nowhere near good enough. Pogba and Tonali is more like 150 mil and we can sell Can, Rabiot and Pjanic to fund those acquisitions :klin:

Pogba will be over 100mil, and Tonali 70-80mil if he attracts the interest of the PL and PSG which it seems he has.

I have no idea what you see in our recent past that suggests we are going to spend that on two CMs. Far too much optimism. :p

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
We're Juventus, not Roma or Atalanta. Barella is seriously overrated around these parts. I much prefer Sensi. Having said that, that midfield (minus Bentancur who has deserved his starting shirt in recent weeks) would be a good 2nd string for us ;)
Do you watch Barella? much better than Matuidi at everything Matuidi is supposed to do for us. After Allan he is the best player in Serie A for his role. Of course he would start for us.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Do you watch Barella? much better than Matuidi at everything Matuidi is supposed to do for us. After Allan he is the best player in Serie A for his role. Of course he would start for us.
I don't think Matuidi should be starting for us. Ideally, I want a starting midfield of Pogba, Bentancur, and Pjanic with Tonali, Ramsey, and some young talent coming off the bench, but that isn't going to happen. I'd sell Can, Rabiot (if we can get a decent amount for him and depending on how he performs until the end of the season) and release both Khedira and Matuidi. Berna would obviously be first out the door.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
I don't think Matuidi should be starting for us. Ideally, I want a starting midfield of Pogba, Bentancur, and Pjanic with Tonali, Ramsey, and some young talent coming off the bench, but that isn't going to happen. I'd sell Can, Rabiot (if we can get a decent amount for him and depending on how he performs until the end of the season) and release both Khedira and Matuidi. Berna would obviously be first out the door.
I'd like Pogba too but he isn't here and is too expensive. Our current reality is Matuidi, and missing on a 22 year old Barella that is straight up better than any options we have for the role was a mistake.

Inter has good players. Conte is the main factor but not the only factor. That kid is quality, along with most of their starting 11 except the wing backs, Godin, and Handanovic (who are a bit too old). Either of their 3 midfielders would help us.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
I'd like Pogba too but he isn't here and is too expensive. Our current reality is Matuidi, and missing on a 22 year old Barella that is straight up better than any options we have for the role was a mistake.

Inter has good players. Conte is the main factor but not the only factor. That kid is quality, along with most of their starting 11 except the wing backs, Godin, and Handanovic (who are a bit too old). Either of their 3 midfielders would help us.
wow. We dodged a bullet by staying away from a retard like Barella, eventually merda will figure that out and ship his ass to some average team, more suited to his level. The kid has average qualities, but most importantly he is a giant liability for his team, he is one of the dumbest players in Serie A, his (football) IQ is close to Felipe Melo`s and thats not something to be thrilled about. He is reckless, has a temper and some anger issues, probably because he`s short and got ridiculed for that at school and/or the youth teams that he played for. He plays very rough and almost every tackle he makes is a foul with most of them worthy of a card, and that also isnt something that can be thrilled about.

Of course, its only my opinion, based on watching him play, weekly highlights from all the games in Serie A and some statistics that I`m willing to share:
Since his first Serie A season in 16/17 he`s got the impressive 9 yellows/1 red card in 16/17, 13 yellows/1 red in 17/18, 8 yellows/2 red in 18/19 and 5 yellows so far in 19/20 with 2 more yellows in the Champions League. Cards can be deceiving, of course, a striker may get 15 yellows per season if his style of celebration a goal is to take off his shirt, that way the said striker is not a rude, reckless tackler, but simply an idiot. In Barella`s case though, his stupid, harsh tackles are the first thing that makes an impression, a hot head with a temper is not a reliable option to have at the heart of your team, a different ref would have sent him off vs Napoli for example, where he entered the field in 56th minute and then in 60th he made a dumb stupid foul that was worthy of a yellow and a half and the ref spared him after his next two fouls.

Now, I know how tuz works, so lets save some time - my opinion on Barella in no way means that I like Matuidi and think of him as the best player in his position. Nope, Blaze is cool, but would prefer to not extend his contract and let him go as a free agent in the summer. His replacement, however, must be someone who is capable of handling the pressure of representing a giant club like Juventus, especially if the club decides to invest heavily on a midfielder. His head, brain, mental state and intelligence is as equally important as his pure footballing skills, to say it simply...

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
What a weird take. He is a liability because he gets carded and you can't have him in the heart of your team? Both Pjanic and Bentancur are getting carded more than him lol He hasn't even a single red card in over 100 games in Serie A!

Not that midfielders shouldn't be getting carded, specially the midfielders tasked with breaking up play. That's like complimenting Rugani for going a season without getting carded, doesn't really mean much without context.

He combines the hard work and off the ball responsibility with skilled passing. It's not mistake that he is a building block for Inter and Italy, his skillset is rare and one we need to improve on at Juve.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Nope, I wouldnt like to have him in the heart of my team because he`s a reckless idiot who gets off very easy and might leave my team a man down in every single moment and cost a point, a game, a title. I get that you dont think that way about him, I`m cool and fine about it since he`s not currently in my team, so it`s not an actual problem that Juve has with him in the squad.

I do think that he is overrated and bar "working hard" - (which when Conte is your coach is just working or no playing at all) and making risky tackles he doesnt have anything else that special in his rare skillset. Most, if not every merda player plays way beyond his level and that is thanks to Conte - he is that good when it comes to motivating and managing average to good players. Inter, as a team, is also overrated by fans, media, experts, they are better than other teams but are in no way at our level or close to that level.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
wow. We dodged a bullet by staying away from a retard like Barella, eventually merda will figure that out and ship his ass to some average team, more suited to his level. The kid has average qualities, but most importantly he is a giant liability for his team, he is one of the dumbest players in Serie A, his (football) IQ is close to Felipe Melo`s and thats not something to be thrilled about. He is reckless, has a temper and some anger issues, probably because he`s short and got ridiculed for that at school and/or the youth teams that he played for. He plays very rough and almost every tackle he makes is a foul with most of them worthy of a card, and that also isnt something that can be thrilled about.

Of course, its only my opinion, based on watching him play, weekly highlights from all the games in Serie A and some statistics that I`m willing to share:
Since his first Serie A season in 16/17 he`s got the impressive 9 yellows/1 red card in 16/17, 13 yellows/1 red in 17/18, 8 yellows/2 red in 18/19 and 5 yellows so far in 19/20 with 2 more yellows in the Champions League. Cards can be deceiving, of course, a striker may get 15 yellows per season if his style of celebration a goal is to take off his shirt, that way the said striker is not a rude, reckless tackler, but simply an idiot. In Barella`s case though, his stupid, harsh tackles are the first thing that makes an impression, a hot head with a temper is not a reliable option to have at the heart of your team, a different ref would have sent him off vs Napoli for example, where he entered the field in 56th minute and then in 60th he made a dumb stupid foul that was worthy of a yellow and a half and the ref spared him after his next two fouls.

Now, I know how tuz works, so lets save some time - my opinion on Barella in no way means that I like Matuidi and think of him as the best player in his position. Nope, Blaze is cool, but would prefer to not extend his contract and let him go as a free agent in the summer. His replacement, however, must be someone who is capable of handling the pressure of representing a giant club like Juventus, especially if the club decides to invest heavily on a midfielder. His head, brain, mental state and intelligence is as equally important as his pure footballing skills, to say it simply...
I can't say I saw anything special in barella during his cagliari days, can't say that I'm upset inda have him now either. Given how much he's gone for (if you take into account future payments) there are much players out there on the market with better scope

Apr 19, 2007
Good news. Can is better than Khedira fighting back from injury and Chiellini will provide much needed experience in the locker room.

- - - Updated - - -

How much do you think Pogba goes for? I think minimum 125

Last edited:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Good news. Can is better than Khedira fighting back from injury and Chiellini will provide much needed experience in the locker room.

- - - Updated - - -

How much do you think Pogba goes for? I think minimum 125
If it continues the way it is right now - he`ll go for 0 or on a cut price at the last year of his contract and even then it might be on January..

MagicAardvark

Jul 20, 2006
you mean the same pereira who scored that amazing goal in pre season?

- - - Updated - - -

Just as well barca won't let him go at least not in January
Pereira has been one of the best looking youngsters we have displayed, he was great in pre season when he came on.
Looking at this Barca kid he barely scores and looks slow. so not really happy with this at first look.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Rashford worth 130m and Dybala worth 90M

Hahahahaha

Whoever developed that list needs to swallow a load of pills and drink a bottle of whisky this evening while penning a letter apologising for the trauma they have caused the human race

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)