Winter Mercato Thread 2018 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Short memory? Dani Alves?
It seems you have a short memory, seeing as how things ended with D. Alves. Also, he was quite shit for 6 months or so. Are you one of those people who believe that experience is somehow going to miraculously help us in the CL, even at the expense of acquiring better and younger players? Look, I'd have liked Iniesta 2 or 3 years ago, but after a World Cup year and with possibly nothing to play for, in a position where we need younger players and more physicality, then no thanks.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
It seems you have a short memory, seeing as how things ended with D. Alves. Also, he was quite $#@! for 6 months or so. Are you one of those people who believe that experience is somehow going to miraculously help us in the CL, even at the expense of acquiring better and younger players? Look, I'd have liked Iniesta 2 or 3 years ago, but after a World Cup year and with possibly nothing to play for, in a position where we need younger players and more physicality, then no thanks.
Alves was arguably our best player in the CL knockouts and he came for free. It makes absolutely no sense to bring up how he left for PSG as an argument against the signing Iniesta. Alves did not leave for PSG because he was too old and unmotivated when he come to Juve - rather the opposite.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Alves was arguably our best player in the CL knockouts and he came for free. It makes absolutely no sense to bring up how he left for PSG as an argument against the signing Iniesta. Alves did not leave for PSG because he was too old and unmotivated when he come to Juve - rather the opposite.
It took Alves quite some time to settle, and he was solid for us in the CL knockout games, but put in inconsistent performances in Serie A. Still, Iniesta will be 34 by the time the summer of 2018 comes around. We have a crocked Marchisio, Matuidi will be a year older, Khedira will hopefully be shipped off somewhere, and then we're left with Pjanic and an inexperienced Bentancur (I don't consider Sturaro a footballer, so I'm not gonna count him in; I'm also hoping we finally manage to dispose of him). We will need quality and youth in midfield; no more ageing midfielders or quick fixes ffs!

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Step 1: Sign Iniesta

Step 2: Concede all hopes of keeping possession in big games as we love to do, bench him because he's the antithesis of the player you want for our style in big games.

Step 3: Let him leave on a free and slate us in the media.

OP
JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #213
    So you mean Dani Alves but with a totally different season with Juve.

Iniesta isn't that kind of character anyway, but going off to semi-retire afterwards would be no surprise.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
    Step 1: Sign Iniesta

Step 2: Concede all hopes of keeping possession in big games as we love to do, bench him because he's the antithesis of the player you want for our style in big games.

Step 3: Let him leave on a free and slate us in the media.
    Phase 1: Sign Iniesta
    Phase 2: Play him as CM in a 3-man midfield, move Dybala to his natural positiion at CF and move to Higuain to his natural position at Burger King.
    Phase 3: Profit

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    Pretty sure Beppe already said we won't be signing Iniesta on a free. Given how cagey our management is with making public statements on transfers before they happen I am inclined to believe him that we won't be signing Iniesta.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    I'd be delighted if we signed Iniesta. He is still quality and was a huge part of Barcelona beating us the other night.

The way he can drop the shoulder and to beat a man in midfield to move the team forward is something we lack.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)