Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I don't think its hard to understand why people don't rate Bonucci highly anymore. He has been in a slump since leaving Juve and at times lolsworthy
We’ve allowed around 7 less goals this year, so far... :p

His ball-distribution skills allow us to avoid the crazy pressure we had on our defensive line quite often last year.

His poor form as far as defending goes since he came back makes us more susceptible to crosses and getting hit on the counter...

It’s a trade-off. I’d say a beneficial one for the team as a whole, but only time will tell.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Don't get me wrong I too think Bonucci is the better player. It's just feels odd when someone who hasn't got the best track record in terms of evaluating players calls others out.
You act like I sit here evaluating players. I make an occasional statement and usually goes against the grain here and some judge me. I evaluate players a little different than most. Kind of like how I can see the logic in this Caceres move while most on here just see benatia

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
We’ve allowed around 7 less goals this year, so far... :p

His ball-distribution skills allow us to avoid the crazy pressure we had on our defensive line quite often last year.

His poor form as far as defending goes since he came back makes us more susceptible to crosses and getting hit on the counter...

It’s a trade-off. I’d say a beneficial one for the team as a whole, but only time will tell.
oh I totally agree but I understand why not everyone likes Bonucci

Jun 6, 2015
You act like I sit here evaluating players. I make an occasional statement and usually goes against the grain here and some judge me. I evaluate players a little different than most. Kind of like how I can see the logic in this Caceres move while most on here just see benatia
I was probably a bit harsh on you. But still as you said yourself we all evaluate players a bit differently and I don't think rating Benatia over Bonucci is the biggest misjudgement seen on this forum.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
I was probably a bit harsh on you. But still as you said yourself we all evaluate players a bit differently and I don't think rating Benatia over Bonucci is the biggest misjudgement seen on this forum.
Well no in that respect your correct. It isn't the worst.

- - - Updated - - -

You guys happy wishing injury and now bonnuci sprains an ankle

Last edited:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
We're not getting Zaniolo, but he's definitely an Italian talent I'd love to have here. I don't really like Chiesa that much; I feel he is rather over rated.

If we can't get both De Ligt and Ndombele in the same summer, then we can reach some sort of pre agreement with Ajax for De Ligt and bring him in 2020.
I dont think its impossible to get Zainolo as if the player asks to leave when we show interest he`ll leave... the question is will he turn his back on the team who discovered him?
Chiesa - I agree! He is overrated but he also is a great player..
Chiesa can definitely be good for us but he is not an upgrade but more of another option - I`d personally skip on him as we can make a better use of the money..

De Ligt isnt an easy player to get as we are not the only big club after him
Ndombele should be an easy task if we wish to go for him.

- - - Updated - - -

I think we could get Zaniolo. He is born in Tuscany and a product of Fiorentina youth system so he's not one of these hometown Roma boys.

Italian footballers rarely leave Italy and so what options does that leave a player of his ability? Juventus is the only one.
Zainolo can also go abroad but it will take time for clubs outside of Italy to show interest in him so its either staying at Roma or moving to Juve IMO

- - - Updated - - -

Shut up seriously. Bonnuci is a world class defender benatia isn't even in the same category. What I said about Spinazzola isn't even the same
I always thought the forum is underrating Bonucci and overrating Benatia but the truth is both are good defenders
Bonucci is far more complete but he has those lapses in concentration
Anyway the only defender we have who is on a league of his own is Chiellini
Rugani is very promising but it is time for him to make the next step and if he does he will partner Chiellini very soon.
De Ligt is being mentioned but other team would fight us for him. If we manage to get De Ligt, we might be seeing a Rugani De Ligt defence in 2 or 3 years..

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Our midfield needs surgery. Years of terrible midfield aquisitions have left us in this position.
Keep Pjanic and Matuidi, because they are the only mids we have that offer guarantees to be top players in a passable and well-constructed midfield, sign that Ndombele fellow, one other young CM with huge potential, and then hopefully Bentancur keeps developing into something special.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2,660
    Journalist Angelo Mangiante says that Zaniolo will renew with Roma and there will possibly be a 40m € clause.

WELCOME ZANIOLO.

:p

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)