Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
genuinely curious: what midfielder should we get? last summer i wanted one of fabinho, allan and torreira, now i have no new fancy ideas.

btw i'd also take isco in a heartbeat.
Isco is too soft and mentally weak. He's also not needed. I like both him and Rodriguez as players, but we need a B2B midfielder, someone with more muscle, tenacity, and pace. Ramsey joining negates the need for an Isco or James type player.

SMS wouldn't be half bad. There are also many promising talents plying their trade in Ligue 1 and The Bundesliga.

- - - Updated - - -

I know but I needed a movie quote. That's last week's rumour. :numnum:
Is he coming? 15 years old and a beast :tuttosport:

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Getting Modric from Inter would be great. Should still have a couple of great years left in him. Lacking in motivation now. Would free up funds to sign other players like de Ligt and complete our squad without needing to sell anyone.

Some not wanting Modric now reminds me of some not wanting Pirlo.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Isco is too soft and mentally weak. He's also not needed. I like both him and Rodriguez as players, but we need a B2B midfielder, someone with more muscle, tenacity, and pace. Ramsey joining negates the need for an Isco or James type player.

SMS wouldn't be half bad. There are also many promising talents plying their trade in Ligue 1 and The Bundesliga.

- - - Updated - - -

Is he coming? 15 years old and a beast :tuttosport:
I concur on this.

We lack creativity in our midfield.... but before fixing that...we need to get some serious B2Bs who can hustle and create from the mid.

After we shall see what to do

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
But schnitzel, you forgot to ask me about hanging out when you go to Copenhagen. I am a little disapointed.

We can have matching socks with pineable prints and I’ll show you all the good places no one talks about.
I don’t live in Copenhagen at the moment. Had to go back and take care of my sick father. Don’t know how long he has left.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
I did not forget you lol.

And about @Hængebøffer I'm not sure either, I have the feeling it's him who wouldn't want to.
To bad. I had a night of heavy drinking, strippers and psychedelics planned for us, but if you rather hang out in a sociologi study group with Maddy, or what ever twisted thing Klovn is up to, then so be it.

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t live in Copenhagen at the moment. Had to go back and take care of my sick father. Don’t know how long he has left.
I am sorry to here that. I lost my mother to cancer a few years ago, and the last year she was sick was a nightmare.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Getting Modric from Inter would be great. Should still have a couple of great years left in him. Lacking in motivation now. Would free up funds to sign other players like de Ligt and complete our squad without needing to sell anyone.

Some not wanting Modric now reminds me of some not wanting Pirlo.
Modric will be 34 in September. We got Pirlo when he was 31. Modric has nothing left to prove, and we won't be giving him a two year contract. If we get him in the summer, we're potentially stuck with him until he's 37 or 38. He's a great player, but it's time to look forward and not look back. We already have enough "oldies" in midfield. We should definitely inject some youth in that department.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing more important than family man. Cherish those moments and make new memories.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Pirlo was 32. And I'm not going to assume the club thinks Modric has Ronaldo's unique fitness levels and would give him a contract that'd keep him there till he's 38.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Sure. Get Modric as a quick fix, if we are selling Pjanic. However, Pjanic, Modric, and Ramsey is too many players who are good on the ball, and not enough hustle, physicality and tenacity in midfield. I don't want a bunch of 30+ midfielders in a couple of seasons. Ageing players with big contracts who will be hard to dispose of in what is, obviously, our weakest area of the pitch.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Sure. Get Modric as a quick fix, if we are selling Pjanic.
Perfetto. That'd enable us to get another top CM in addition to de Ligt and complete the squad.

Modric, another top CM, and Matuidi - that's one hell of a midfield.

If you meant Pjanic, Modric and Ramsey as starters simultaneously, that'd never happen one way or the other.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I think Ramsey is going to be our top midfield signing and we're probably going to get another young CM with high potential who could be groomed to become a future starter.

That's how i see it.

Khedira will probably be the only mid to leave in the summer.

Pjanic, Ramsey, Matuidi, Can, Bentancur, X

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Sell Perin for 40 million? :boh:

Audero could be our 2nd keeper. I think in time he might actually be better than Perin. Put the funds from the Perin sale towards a quality reinforcement in midfield ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)