Status
Not open for further replies.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
What I can see happening in 2019 transfer windows:

1. Ramsey.
2. Dybala <> Pogba mega swap.
3. Isco.

Let me elaborate on options 2 and 3 a little bit.

a) Dybala <> Pogba mega swap:
- Juventus have been interested in Pogba for a long time. MU have been (reportedly) interested in Dybala for a long time.
- Both players are important but not indispensable for their current teams.
- Both teams need the type of the player they would get with this deal.
- Both players have comparable transfer market value.
- Both players have comparable marketing and branding value.
- Getting Dybala from Juventus would let MU sell Pogba back to Juventus without reputational losses.

b) If Dybala goes to MU (or elsewhere), Isco becomes a really interesting option. He would play the role Dybala plays now, but this role suits him much better and is natural for him. Although I've got to say that I'm not a big fan of this guy, and I do think he's often irritatingly slow with the ball trying to do everything on his own, not much of a team player. But this is Juventus, the place where people adopt its strong philosophy, so I'd definitely give him a chance regardless his current style of play.
1 - Play Safe
2 - Conserve energy
3 - Park bus at 1-0

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
With a Casemiro kinda midfielder, yes. With one of our current midfielders, no.
Well yeah but we don't have that kind of player and I doubt we will.
Isco - Ascacibar - Pjanic

Champions League winning midfield

Do you seriously think we could ever field a team with him and Pjanić together with just one other midfielder + Dybala up front?
Yes

have Bonucci, Sandro, Cancelo, Pjanić and Dybala for build up.
None of those guys have remotely the same skillset as Isco, nor can any of them play the same role.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Ciao @Mark
Papers writing about Rogerio from Sass (who's our player) that he's doing very well in Neroverdi and there is even interest from Wolverhampton (20mln). What you know 'bout him? I just took a look at Sass on WhoScored and it seems both him and Lirola started 13 games for them this season. Do we still have an option on the Spaniard? Maybe we gon' bring them here soon to compete with Alex and Joao?

Speaking of terzini, we are also linked with some terzino destro from Atletico Mineiro whom Dunga compared to Alex Sandro and described as one of the brightest prospects in Brazil.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I think Lirola is a buyback option but could all be gentleman's agreements with Sassuolo. Marotta was the big friend of Sassuolo though, in particular the ad Giovanni Carnevali.

Rogerio has potential but it's like looking at Joao Cancelo several years more raw.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,847
    Ciao @Mark
    Papers writing about Rogerio from Sass (who's our player) that he's doing very well in Neroverdi and there is even interest from Wolverhampton (20mln). What you know 'bout him? I just took a look at Sass on WhoScored and it seems both him and Lirola started 13 games for them this season. Do we still have an option on the Spaniard? Maybe we gon' bring them here soon to compete with Alex and Joao?

Speaking of terzini, we are also linked with some terzino destro from Atletico Mineiro whom Dunga compared to Alex Sandro and described as one of the brightest prospects in Brazil.
    We still have control of them and if Rogerio goes to Wolves then we'll still do since Mendes owns the fuckers. :p Rogerio yes, they say he's been doing well.
    The Brazilian from Atl-Min was a rumour denied by their president. It was a rumour started by GDM.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    I don't know man. Last time I checked, France won the World Cup. Argentina have been shit on the global stage for some time now, probably since Maradona retired (notwithstanding that World Cup final appearance in 2014).

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
    Apr 7, 2018
    If only we could play the same way we played the away game at old trafford, we would be unstoppable. We wouldn’t need any reinforcements this transfer window, we have all the right players to win the CL, all we need is the right mindset and the ability to score chances and kill games as early as we can.
    I think signing Ramsey this month is not the smartest idea. I feel that him and Khedira are 2 sides of the same coin, injury prone and not worth the investment, unless we get him for free in the summer.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
    We still have control of them and if Rogerio goes to Wolves then we'll still do since Mendes owns the fuckers. :p Rogerio yes, they say he's been doing well.
    The Brazilian from Atl-Min was a rumour denied by their president. It was a rumour started by GDM.
    Today's Tuttosport reports that not only Wolves want him but also Newcastle and... Chelsea, Benfica and Porto. The kid must be really promising. We got him for 1.5mln from Porto Alegre who have 20% from the next sale. Rogerio is only on loan in Sass.
    Considering the shortage of quality full backs I would refuse to sell him (although the reported 20mln is tempting) and leave him at Sass till the end of the season. If he's that good, maybe we should bring him here for the next season to see how he does and to learn from Alex Sandro. Especially if Spina fails to deliver after the injury. Whatever happens I hope we can insert some buyback clause.
    @JuveJay

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 83)