Status
Not open for further replies.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I completely agree been saying it for a few years now too. Despite being our best midfielder his role is so important that we need someone better to play that role because he just isnt good enough. Too slow and indirect. Classy player on his day but imo hasnt fulfilled his potential here at least not consistently.
The overrating of Pjanic reminds me of the overrating of Vucinic and Pirlo in this last season. Difference is, in latter two cases they were shit while Pjanic is decent but not WC.

Probably the same people. They likely find basketball too physical and watch tennis.

Buy on AliExpress.com

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
We already have 4 midfielders on a very high salary in Pjanič, Matuidi, Khedira and Can, instead of Dembele I'd much rather go for a younger player with big potential and not astronomical wage demands, our midfield needs balance

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
I dont understand why so many ppl here want Dembele so much - really cant see anything special in him.
Dembele is not world class but he is definitely a very good player. He pretty much dominated our midfield in both games last season.

Look at the way he dominated Pogba in this game.

Dembele is a good short-term solution. We won’t get a better midfielder than him in January.

In my opinion in winter we should focus on securing few youngsters as we always do.
Barella :tuttosport:

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
The overrating of Pjanic reminds me of the overrating of Vucinic and Pirlo in this last season. Difference is, in latter two cases they were shit while Pjanic is decent but not WC.

Probably the same people. They likely find basketball too physical and watch tennis.
Would swap 24 year old Dybalol for 24 year old Vucinic in a HEARTBEAT it's not even funny.

Vooch is love, Vooch is life

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I completely agree been saying it for a few years now too. Despite being our best midfielder his role is so important that we need someone better to play that role because he just isnt good enough. Too slow and indirect. Classy player on his day but imo hasnt fulfilled his potential here at least not consistently.
Like who?

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Source: Calciomercato. Don't waste your time reading crap let alone discussing crap. I'm sorry I just did.

But only rarely can you do much better in January. People were committing harakiri in summer over not signing Vidal and now don't want him as an almost-emergency January signing. Shouldn't be the #1 option and crap content for the sake of producing content, but it's funny how there's never a balanced outlook.

Pogba-Can-Matuidi wouldn't be bad next season.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
We already have 4 midfielders on a very high salary in Pjanič, Matuidi, Khedira and Can, instead of Dembele I'd much rather go for a younger player with big potential and not astronomical wage demands, our midfield needs balance
I still can’t believe that we actually gave Khedira a contract extension and a raise. What an abysmal decision that was.

Now there’s no chance anyone is going to take him from us, we’re stuck with him until 2021.

Imagine a 34 year old Sami starting for us in a big Champions League game. :lol2:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I still can’t believe that we actually gave Khedira a contract extension and a raise. What an abysmal decision that was.

Now there’s no chance anyone is going to take him from us, we’re stuck with him until 2021.

Imagine a 34 year old Sami starting for us in a big Champions League game. :lol2:
i see this being repeated everywhere, was it actually confirmed that he got a raise? i only read about the extension, not the raise

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I still can’t believe that we actually gave Khedira a contract extension
You people have a problem when we don't extend a backup player's contract and you've a problem when we do. What exactly makes you happy in life?

Extension means he can be sold in summer. If we keep him, he's fine as one of the backups.

"I don't like this player as a starter, he got an extension = bad, must get pitchfork out."

You're a homo sapien with a prefrontal contex aka grey matter. Use it.

And yeah, verify that he actually got a raise first.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
I really doubt we could get more than 10m out of selling Khedira. Also, his high wages will make him even more difficult to sell.

In the case of Marchisio, we didn't even sell him, we terminated his contract and he then left for free to Zenit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)