Status
Not open for further replies.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Eriksen scores more than Pogba, assists just as much, is just as creative, and works just as hard defensively.

De Bruyne is a level above.
im not buying this unless you provide me some squawka comparisons of all 3. preferably including stats like total score, attack score and defense score

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Squawka just changed their website and I'm still trying to understand it.

Data for this season (per 90 minutes) is:

Pogba:
completed more passes
more backwards passes
more sideways passes
more long balls

Eriksen:
more forward passes
more through balls
more crosses
more chances created
more assists created

Pogba:
more blocked shots
more total clearances

Eriksen:
more interceptions
more total blocks
more blocked passes
more blocked crosses
more normal clearances

Eriksen creates more than Pogba and is better defensively too.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
It's a no-brainer. You've to be special to prefer Pjanic over Pogba.
Tell it to Nedved96..

De Bruyne plays as a box-to-box midfielder under Guardiola, just like Pogba.

Eriksen is easily as good as Pogba.
Eriksen is a very smart player which is a big plus but he isnt anything extraordinary - just a great player
Pjanic is also a smart player but IMO he is better at organizing the game but not as good defensively - I`d say Pjanic is the better player but Eriksen isnt a "Jabroni" himself..

Pogba is something else - Pogba is better than both - better dribbling skills, better prescense, stronger, his shots are always a threat, he is also very creative and I`d even go and say he is more creative than both former players but this is more of my opinion than a fact..
Defensive wise - Pogba is far superior to Pjanic and is as good as Eriksen if not better
Pogba defensive side is a bit confusing but he is a fast athletic player which means he can run back more easily and while he isnt Kante he is good enough in that department
Pogba has 1 major flaw in his game - You might can call it his brain - He sometimes insist on making something unique with flair when he needs to do the simple thing
Take Juve-Man Utd - Pogba lost many balls which could lead to goals - In his defense the other Man Utd players didnt really help him (except Martial who was very good IMO)

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Just because Pogba has more natural ability than Eriksen does not make him a better player. Isco has more talent than Kroos, but Kroos is still the better player.

Pogba can dribble, but more often than not his dribbles lead to nowhere and he just gets dispossessed. I’d rather have Eriksen, someone with a brain who knows when to release the ball.

Eriksen is at least as good as Pogba at passing. If you think Pogba is a better passer then you haven’t seen enough of Eriksen.

Eriksen is a more effective player than Pogba. I don’t care how much swag Pogba has on the ball, football is about being effective.

Last edited:

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Tell it to Nedved96..
And half the forum.

A non-WC, older player whose value is about to depreciate due to age vs a WC younger player who's already proven with us as a top-5 or top-3 CM, performances that generated a 100m transfer even with his amateur decision-making with room to improve.

It'll be a while before our species reaches type 1 civilization.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
For the love of God, please bring in some solid midfield reinforcements. I'll even take those "quantity" options at this point, we need to be able to rotate in the middle.

But man, fuck Pogba. He left after his "vacation" to go "home," I'm definitely not going to beg for his ass to come back for some ridiculous fee.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
But man, fuck Pogba. He left after his "vacation" to go "home," I'm definitely not going to beg for his ass to come back for some ridiculous fee.
I can understand that if it's an ethics/pride thing or whatever you wanna call it, but to say Pogba isn't that good or isn't better than our midfielders is laughable.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I can understand that if it's an ethics/pride thing or whatever you wanna call it, but to say Pogba isn't that good or isn't better than our midfielders is laughable.
I did not say that anywhere in that post. But you are making it sound like he is the ONLY midfielder we could get that would improve us, and I'm going to disagree with that.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I did not say that anywhere in that post. But you are making it sound like he is the ONLY midfielder we could get that would improve us, and I'm going to disagree with that.
Wasn't talking about you and didn't say he's the only one who can improve us. Many can if you look at our midfield. Only a handful are top class who can take us to the next level. He is one of the handful. He being better than our mids is an observable fact. Saying so doesn't imply he's the only one (not getting the logical correlation).

Agree that we shouldn't "beg," he should, and he's doing so publicly.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
I don't think upgrading on Bentancur would bring us much further. This season he has been one of our best players in many games despite only being 21. He currently plays as a top class box-to-box and he puts so much energy and drive into our midfield. Yes we might find a player who currently could contribute a bit more, but at the end of this season with the growth rate of Bentancur, who knows.

However we currently have a VIP 'regista', who doesn't dribble nor defend, mostly opts for easy backpasses and occasionally delivers some great vertical passes. I don't think we can afford playing with Pjanic. It made sense for Pirlo, as he was a genius who absolutely killed it in that role, delivering cutting through balls and vertical passes with his eyes closed. He beat his marker with ease, to launch an attack and drive us forward, as a player like Pogba also does. Pjanic currently has the most touches per game and is in his role the most important player in midfield, if not in the whole team. I think he is a limiting factor in our midfield and must be replaced first, if we want a leap in quality. Things are going to be the same with him, even if we get Kante instead of Bentancur.

Jul 13, 2010
Please guys check some highlights of dembele this season. He's a straight up wack. Also is he the guy that will score from 5 meters lol because that's our problem this year

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I don't think upgrading on Bentancur would bring us much further. This season he has been one of our best players in many games despite only being 21. He currently plays as a top class box-to-box and he puts so much energy and drive into our midfield. Yes we might find a player who currently could contribute a bit more, but at the end of this season with the growth rate of Bentancur, who knows.

However we currently have a VIP 'regista', who doesn't dribble nor defend, mostly opts for easy backpasses and occasionally delivers some great vertical passes. I don't think we can afford playing with Pjanic. It made sense for Pirlo, as he was a genius who absolutely killed it in that role, delivering cutting through balls and vertical passes with his eyes closed. He beat his marker with ease, to launch an attack and drive us forward, as a player like Pogba also does. Pjanic currently has the most touches per game and is in his role the most important player in midfield, if not in the whole team. I think he is a limiting factor in our midfield and must be replaced first, if we want a leap in quality. Things are going to be the same with him, even if we get Kante instead of Bentancur.
I completely agree been saying it for a few years now too. Despite being our best midfielder his role is so important that we need someone better to play that role because he just isnt good enough. Too slow and indirect. Classy player on his day but imo hasnt fulfilled his potential here at least not consistently.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017

There are some similarities between Dembele and Bentancur. They are both strong and press-resistant. They are both very comfortable with the ball at their feet despite being quite tall. They can both drive forward and create chances.

Dembele’s contract is up in 8 months. If he’s available for a cheap price in January, take a punt at him.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
I dont understand why so many ppl here want Dembele so much - really cant see anything special in him.
In my opinion in winter we should focus on securing few youngsters as we always do. Dont see any need to buy players for the first team. We are curreently thin in midfield because Can is not available and Khedira was out for few weeks, but they are now coming back so dont see any problem here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)