Status
Not open for further replies.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
He also says he likes Inter.

The piece also got posted in Milan and Inter forums, found when I was googling.
Milan fans think he's an Interista: http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?p=2919380
Inter fans think he's an Interista: http://forzainterforums.com/showthread.php?14255-Nicol%F2-Barella/page5
So far, you're the one with a diff interpretation.

And I was replying to your saying how his whole family are Milan supporters. Where did you pull that out of?
From that Milan forum post:

http://forum.acmilan-online.com/sho...b12e9456cecc5884805&p=2919371&postcount=24983

:rofl: What a moron. As if they wouldn't have an immediate and noticeable improvement with him.

- - - Updated - - -

There are not many midfielders on the market out there who are:

1. Good enough to improve Juventus
2. Realistically available for January
3. Aren’t already bound to one team in the Champions League

Whether or not Barella is some kind of world beater remains to be seen. He is certainly very talented (if you’ve ever watched him play). Barcelona took a risk with Arthur and it looks to be paying off.

We desperately need another CM, and we need one who can play box-to-box. Why not Barella?
At the moment, we could still really use even just a competent backup CM just for rotational purposes. We're so thin there.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

Whether or not Barella is some kind of world beater remains to be seen. He is certainly very talented (if you’ve ever watched him play). Barcelona took a risk with Arthur and it looks to be paying off.

We desperately need another CM, and we need one who can play box-to-box. Why not Barella?
Because he doesnt fit our level?!

- - - Updated - - -

where is orgut? what the hell is going on in his thread?
Right here
How can I help?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
No one said he isn't a Cagliari fan. He plays for that team and grew up there lol. But a lot of supporters of smaller sides also support one of the big three. That's not exactly uncommon knowledge.
oh OK, so you just assume hes a inter fan. just say so next time

And in your likely scenario of Barella joining us in Jan with Cagliari bending over and letting their best player go for that kind of a deal while potentially risking relegation, with Barella suddenly changing his mind about Cagliari and EPL and wanting to join us,
again with you imaginary scenarios. Matri, Ekdal, del Fabro, Isla, Caligara, Tello, Romagna, Cerri 2x and some others i probably missed, this is just the list of players that we dealt among each other during this managements reign alone, so last 7-8 years. there is obviously a good relationship between 2 clubs, and finding a deal that suits both parties shouldnt be a problem.

what happens after we spend 40-50m on Barella in summer? Is he supposed to be our big CM signing who'll take us to the next level?
assuming no one leaves (or whoever leaves, we replace him one for one), just adding Barella would be good enough for me. Pjanic, Khedira, Matuidi, Can, Bentancur, Barella is enough depth

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Who cares if Barella is an Inter fan. Chiellini was a Milan fan. Maldini was a Juventus fan. Iniesta was a Real Madrid fan. Modric was a Barcelona fan.

Who cares.
We shouldnt care as you said but its funny to read Barella`s name with Chiellini Maldini Iniesta and Modric
Barella is talented but he isnt anything special - just another player you fap on until he signs for another team and put some average displays which makes you understand you actually dodged a bullet... (He is not a bad player either but he is certainly not someone who we should be pressing to get...)

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Barella is talented but he isnt anything special - just another player you fap on until he signs for another team and put some average displays which makes you understand you actually dodged a bullet... (He is not a bad player either but he is certainly not someone who we should be pressing to get...)
You might or might not remember, but I was begging for Juve to sign Lucas Torreira before he went to Arsenal.

Guess what? Arsenal fans love him. He's been playing at an amazing level for them and he improved their whole team.

Barella, like Torreira, is another player who combines great technical ability with fantastic grinta. He's also very strong for his size. He would upgrade our midfield.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014

the problem is the asking fee. 50m way too much.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
You might or might not remember, but I was begging for Juve to sign Lucas Torreira before he went to Arsenal.

Guess what? Arsenal fans love him. He's been playing at an amazing level for them and he improved their whole team.

Barella, like Torreira, is another player who combines great technical ability with fantastic grinta. He's also very strong for his size. He would upgrade our midfield.
Torreira is better than Barella IMO but I dont think any of them are good enough for us...
Whats good for Arsenal might not be good enough for Juve..

- - - Updated - - -

Is this guy any good? At least better than Can?
Better than Can?! He can barely shine Can`s shoes and I`m not saying this by overrating Can...
Can is ok he does some things very well and he should be starting most of our games even if he is certainly no Pogba..
Barella?! I rather have the pasta than the player..

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Better than Can?! He can barely shine Can`s shoes and I`m not saying this by overrating Can...
Can is ok he does some things very well and he should be starting most of our games even if he is certainly no Pogba..
Barella?! I rather have the pasta than the player..
I thought Barella must be good, because @Bianconero81 once said he really wants him to be a starter here.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
We need more of a prime Cheesio B2B mid imo. Matuidi for the dirty work, Mire for the build up, and a B2B hat combines both. Bentancur doesn't seem to be that player.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
I'd happily take Barella for a reasonable fee. Can't really think of any quality mids available for a logical fee right now that offer his skill set. Very balanced player that offers a lot in both midfield and attack. At worst we get an Italian rotation player to give cover during injuries and at best we can finally plug that b2b gap Vidal left. However, if the management is planning a massive coup for some big mid next summer, then I hope they hold their money and assess him more.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
People who don’t want a Barella because he’s “not good enough” for Juve are missing the point.

Barella’s skillset is unique. He offers something different to our current midfielders. He’s a high intensity player who can dribble well, pass well, and can tackle. None of our current midfielders have an ounce of dribbling ability. And apart from Matuidi, none of them offer the same box-to-box intensity Barella does.

Right now we have five midfielders for three positions, and we’re trying to competing in three competitions. We need more depth and at least one more midfielders. We won’t get players like Pogba or Eriksen in January, but Barella is still a very useful addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)