Status
Not open for further replies.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
That is not the point. What will happen if Chiellini and/or Bonucci are out for an extended period of time? What happens then? Rugani and Caceres?

- - - Updated - - -

I have to laugh at those who somehow think that Caceres is a better option at CB than Benatia under ANY circumstance.
Well as I stated in another post I look at this also as a move of faith in Rugani. If i had to pick between Rugani and Benatia its a no brainer.

Secondly I never said Caceres was a better option at CB than Benatia. I've made it clear several times that I actually wanted Benatia to stay till the summer but given the circumstances this is the best possible outcome without over spending in a better player. Now unless someone can name me an adequate replacement who would have been at a low cost then please feel free to name them, but up till this point nobody has, so it's a bit pointless moaning about signing Caceres, in all honesty we could have done a hell of a lot worse imo i.e. alves and ivanovic, in these cases I would have been quite upset

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Well as I stated in another post I look at this also as a move of faith in Rugani. If i had to pick between Rugani and Benatia its a no brainer.

Secondly I never said Caceres was a better option at CB than Benatia. I've made it clear several times that I actually wanted Benatia to stay till the summer but given the circumstances this is the best possible outcome without over spending in a better player. Now unless someone can name me an adequate replacement who would have been at a low cost then please feel free to name them, but up till this point nobody has, so it's a bit pointless moaning about signing Caceres, in all honesty we could have done a hell of a lot worse imo
Or they could have just told him to suck it up and wait until the summer.

But like I said, it is suddenly OK to sell a player that wants to leave

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Of course it is. It's not Marotta doing it. :hihi:

- - - Updated - - -

Badass and some others going full retard to defend this move and their dear Fabio. Laughable. Just imagine Beppe was still here, selling our 3rd CB in January.
But but but, he wouldn't have even been in our CL list. :rofl:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

It's been constantly reported that we tried to keep him but benatia's impatience has driven us to this stage

You have to also understand in modern day football player power is everything, not that it's right to sell a player who wants to leave, but its right to sell a player with a passive aggressive stance through social media which however you look at it is wrong.

Its not the first time he's done this, he was exactly the same at udinese, roma and bayern. On the face of it he's clearly a bad character to have

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Benatia was pretty good last season (defensively not worse than Bonucci who he replaced, that's for sure), and let's not forget that he was in the squad that made 3:0 at Bernabeu. Let's also not forget that it was because of Benatia that the score turned to 3:1 though :hihi:, but it was a controversial situation.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Juventus has never done that and add to it like I show above and the savings financially this was the move to make

You make this move now, in January. When we are one of the favorites to win the CL, and are relying on 32 and 34 year old CB's for the vast majority of the remainder of the season.

So, let's use your argument here, shall we? Let's say, for shits and giggles, we sell Benatia for 7 million in the summer. That's a difference of only 3 million Euros, and we are guaranteed a rock solid backup to our starting CB pairing.

Now, we get 10 million Euro, which we may not even spend, lose a valuable piece of the CB rotation, and now will have to rely on a 24 year old who can't string it together for any prolonged stretch of time, and a CB, who A) can't even get on the pitch for Lazio, and B) when he plays CB, is actually a pretty fucking lousy CB.

Makes sense to me.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
lol. no it wasn't. Benatia would 100% have been in CL squad. Over both Spinazzola and Barzagli for sure, and especially with Cuadrado being out longterm.
Juve have made their decision on Spinazzola and that's all in! Benatia was odd man out and barzaghli was in it so I'm pretty sure he wasn't getting removed

- - - Updated - - -

You make this move now, in January. When we are one of the favorites to win the CL, and are relying on 32 and 34 year old CB's for the vast majority of the remainder of the season.

So, let's use your argument here, shall we? Let's say, for shits and giggles, we sell Benatia for 7 million in the summer. That's a difference of only 3 million Euros, and we are guaranteed a rock solid backup to our starting CB pairing.

Now, we get 10 million Euro, which we may not even spend, lose a valuable piece of the CB rotation, and now will have to rely on a 24 year old who can't string it together for any prolonged stretch of time, and a CB, who A) can't even get on the pitch for Lazio, and B) when he plays CB, is actually a pretty fucking lousy CB.

Makes sense to me.
If benatia is the reason we loose the CL then we deserve to loose it. Benatia wouldn't change the game nor would he win us a game so your argument doesn't hold water

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Juve have made their decision on Spinazzola and that's all in! Benatia was odd man out and barzaghli was in it so I'm pretty sure he wasn't getting removed

- - - Updated - - -

If benatia is the reason we loose the CL then we deserve to loose it. Benatia wouldn't change the game nor would he win us a game so your argument doesn't hold water
lol no. Juventus wasn't taking Benatia out of the CL list. Keep bullshitting though. I'm sure your "sources" are super awesome.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

- - - Updated - - -

You are going under the assumption that Bonmucci and Chiellini are going to be healthy for the remainder of the season. When was the last time that happened? Especially Chiellini. Benatia would not be the reason why we would lose it, and I don't even know how you came to that conclusion. But an exhausted and/or injured Chiellini or Bonucci? Yeah, that could lose us the CL.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
LMAO Fabio selling that deadwood 6th choice CB of us man! €10m extra will make them big moves possible now and were totally worth weakening our squad midseason SMH.
He 6th choice CB. We actually strengthening by ridding ourselves of deadwood. Max wouldn't even have him in CL squad, he that bad. Forza stronger Juventus.

It's like making booze stronger, by removing some water. Juve gets stronger by removing sadass Benatia, the Moroccan malaise.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I thought for sure that one of the keys to success in the CL was having at least 1 player of quality depth at nearly every position, in case of injuries, exhaustion, or suspension.

I guess I'm wrong.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
He 6th choice CB. We actually strengthening by ridding ourselves of deadwood. Max wouldn't even have him in CL squad, he that bad. Forza stronger Juventus.

It's like making booze stronger, by removing some water. Juve gets stronger by removing sadass Benatia, the Moroccan malaise.
Only SJW Demorats be mourning about getting rid of illegals like Benatia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)