Winter mercato thread 2016-17 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
I hope it's clear by now that in winter we need 2 players for the midfield alone.

We need a physical player, who's able to intimidate opponents in tough matches (Witsel/Matuidi) and we also need a Marchisio replacement so bad. A deep lying playmaker. Someone that can create from deep. It should be painfully clear by now that Lemina can't do that. And that the only half decent player we have for this is Hernanes. And half decent is an overstatement.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
how on earth the management doesn't seem willing to get more wingers or attacking mids is baffling...

throwing another CM, like witsel, matuidi or whoever won't solve the problem...

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
You mean like Elia, Krasic, Martinez, Coman kind of wingers, or Diego kind of AMs? It's baffling that we don't sign players who don't fit into our regular formation?

5 years down the line and people still haven't grasped that our team is built on the 3-5-2....

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
You mean like Elia, Krasic, Martinez, Coman kind of wingers, or Diego kind of AMs? It's baffling that we don't sign players who don't fit into our regular formation?

5 years down the line and people still haven't grasped that our team is built on the 3-5-2....
So we should continue to play the 3-5-2 even if it's proven times and times again that it's a limited formation in europe and that our best run our best games in the cl lately came with four at the back ?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We signed Cuadrado and Pjaca in the last window, two wingers, and one is being used at wing back or second striker, the other is being used as second striker. In the 3-5-2. We signed an AM and turned him into a DM. I'm just throwing this out there, follow the bread crumbs...

- - - Updated - - -

So we should continue to play the 3-5-2 even if it's proven times and times again that it's a limited formation in europe and that our best run our best games in the cl lately came with four at the back ?
I wasn't giving my opinion, just stating facts. We have 5 very good central defenders, 3 players who can play RWB (4 if you include Mattiello), 3 players who can play LWB, two centre forwards, two second strikers, seven (+1) players who can play central midfield. We also have one authentic left winger, one authentic right winger, and one barely passable attacking midfielder. We're set up to play 3-5-2, we buy players for the 3-5-2, and this is built on our defenders, but we are also flexible enough to use back four formations.

I know you think playing a back four suddenly waves a magic wand to making us play better but only having an attacking approach and fielding more attacking players creates more attractive football. The front 7 players we had on the field yesterday is more than enough to play attacking football and have diverse options, but if those players don't have the right approach it fails. Pjanic, Dani Alves and Khedira didn't have good enough games, so the midfield was lost. Dybala also had a very average game.

Considering our injuries there wasn't even going to be a discussion about us playing a different formation last night. Going forward in the CL I'm sure you'll see Allegri make changes if there needs to be.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
It's confirmed: we're paying 7.5M for 50% Bentancour.

We really did get fucked in the Tevez deal.. that's a very hefty price for a player who has potential, but also a lot of hype and is far from settling in Boca's team.

Actually, Boca's supporters hate the guy. They feel he plays with no grinta, is soft, kind of ghosty, and also misses a lot of passes. They are absolutely loving this deal. As I loved when Gerson was sold for 16M, it's to this date the best business I've ever seen Fluminense make.

I have my doubts about this deal, as I'm sure the guy did nothing to justify this price. I see some resemblance to Gerson's case, where he was built on hype.

But it's good to see we are gambling on talent and youth anyway. Just hope it works.

Apr 29, 2006
352 must be an option, nothing more. Its great that the majority of our players understand the formation and we can easily switch to it. But there is no normal reason to keep 12+ defenders on the team. We need inverted wingers (we are getting there, but too slow) very badly indeed.
The midfield is another blast - while we are built for 352, we lost our 2 best players for the formation in two summers. Now we have another dozen of players in midfield and no clue as to what their best positions would be, neither their best formation and subsequently we have no clear idea for our market priorities. Matiudi, Witsel, Bentacour ... that just shows how far we are out there in the blue.

This is I think one of the major differences between Beppe and Moggi. Even without the full backing of Exor, Moggi was the master of spending a lot to get the player we thought we need. All people make mistakes and Marotta has a fantastic record so far, but he needs to change the dynamics of his trades along with the growth of ambition in this club. We went lucky for some time, but the Chinese are here and eventually they will find the right people to use all that money.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
It's confirmed: we're paying 7.5M for 50% Bentancour.

We really did get $#@!ed in the Tevez deal.. that's a very hefty price for a player who has potential, but also a lot of hype and is far from settling in Boca's team.

Actually, Boca's supporters hate the guy. They feel he plays with no grinta, is soft, kind of ghosty, and also misses a lot of passes. They are absolutely loving this deal. As I loved when Gerson was sold for 16M, it's to this date the best business I've ever seen Fluminense make.

I have my doubts about this deal, as I'm sure the guy did nothing to justify this price. I see some resemblance to Gerson's case, where he was built on hype.

But it's good to see we are gambling on talent and youth anyway. Just hope it works.
We have an agreement of 9.5 million for 100% of his rights no?

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
well, that's what I thought too, and that would be more reasonable. But that's Angelici, president of Boca, that has been saying this value for a while, and now he confirmed that Juve has contacted him and that they will make the buy. He said he's going to Torino the next few days to work it, and that the price is 7.5M for 50%.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
well, that's what I thought too, and that would be more reasonable. But that's Angelici, president of Boca, that has been saying this value for a while, and now he confirmed that Juve has contacted him and that they will make the buy. He said he's going to Torino the next few days to work it, and that the price is 7.5M for 50%.
It's been on the Juve official since Tevez left that we can sign him for €9.4m by 20th April 2017, so that doesn't make sense. I suppose it all depends how the figures are fudged when you take the inevitable third parties into account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)