Winter mercato thread 2016-17 (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Bentancur is guaranteed officially until next summer, as Marotta firmly expressed they are getting him, and as Angelici confirmed. The option expires by then.

But his signing being on january and not on july is my assumption, because Angelici said that Juve already confirmed to him they are buying the guy and he is already going to Torino to make it official.

They could wait till july to do it, and it would enter the books only for the following season, but they are anticipating it. The reason seems to me is that he will be brought in january, specially considering Lemina's presence in African Cup and uncertainty if Witsel will be allowed by the Russians to arrive in January.

So yep, in january it's just me. But till july it is a sure thing.

- - - Updated - - -

But there are travels, training with the team, etc. Guys usually lose a month, in a critical moment of the season. I'm sure it's more than 4 games.

And they come back tired from it, with a drop on performance.

I really don't think they will run the risk of having 5 guys for 3 spots, specially with some of them injury's history.

CB situation is different, as we could switch to 2 defenders if needed or play Evra or even Licht as a LCB/RCB.
We can also play AS as a LCM or play 442, if one or 2 CMs go down. and even with that extra time included, its mostly Serie A games, lets say 10 games (its surely less than that) which we can handle with those 5 in midfield, especially as it seems we will have a big enough lead at 1st place by then

- - - Updated - - -

Summer is when we will reinforce the midfield, as it should be

Buy on AliExpress.com

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
We can also play AS as a LCM or play 442, if one or 2 CMs go down. and even with that extra time included, its mostly Serie A games, lets say 10 games (its surely less than that) which we can handle with those 5 in midfield, especially as it seems we will have a big enough lead at 1st place by then

- - - Updated - - -

Summer is when we will reinforce the midfield, as it should be
They were saying they wanted more physicality in the mid even before the season started, it's not even a need only for january, but of the squad.

Allegri himself said, in the end of the window, that he was expecting another midfielder or even two.

I'm positive they will bring at least one in january, and it will be Witsel and/or Bentancur.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
They were saying they wanted more physicality in the mid even before the season started, it's not even a need only for january, but of the squad.

Allegri himself said, in the end of the window, that he was expecting another midfielder or even two.

I'm positive they will bring at least one in january, and it will be Witsel and/or Bentancur.
I've never read anything like that from Allegri and Marotta, its true we were trying to add another mid but we also tried to offload Hernanes, which makes up for it numbers wise atleast. Right now, the situation is that we have Marchisio returining and Hernanes proving himself to be a capable backup, Sami being able to stay healthy over a long period of time, Stu back from injury, Lemina solidifying his status in the team. Asa is down but the guy hasnt been important for us in ages. Our midfield is well covered for a 3 CM formation and losing 2 players for 30 days when there is no CL is really no problem. We were without Marchisio, Pjanic and Sturaro at the beginning of the season and did just fine

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot one thing, there is Pjaca also. Allegri mentioned few times that we might see him as mezzalla, which atleast implies that such thing was tried in training few times. Another just in case option and another reason not to overpay for Witsel in January and get him for free in June. Dont think Bentancur will come before June either and even if he will be loaned out 1st

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
winter or summer...
Winter: Hernanes performing so far, his departure would hurt our midfield, especially when asa (gone in your case), and lemina goes to afcon. And we don't know how Witsel would fares here.

Summer:
Not a great mercato, but also not a bad one too, hope Bepps got more on his sleeve than just Witsel.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
winter or summer...
Winter: Hernanes performing so far, his departure would hurt our midfield, especially when asa (gone in your case), and lemina goes to afcon. And we don't know how Witsel would fares here.

Summer:
Not a great mercato, but also not a bad one too, hope Bepps got more on his sleeve than just Witsel.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk
was internting a mixure with the departures in the summer. we dont know the situation with licht, i hope we keep him for one more year and then return lirola after his 2nd season at sassuolo.
bentancur seems to be of interest of our managment and i think he can be great for that box2box role in our midfield.

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
Saturday October 22 2016

Marotta: 'Witsel yes, Berardi no'
By Football Italia staff

Juventus director Beppe Marotta confirmed Axel Witsel will arrive, in January or next summer, but “we can’t force Domenico Berardi.”

The transfer guru spoke to Rai Sport programme Zona 11 last night and covered several hot topics in the papers at the moment.

This includes the failed deadline day swoop for Belgium international Witsel, as Zenit St Petersburg pulled the plug.

“Witsel is a player who will be a free agent in June and, if Zenit are prepared to open negotiations in January, we will bring forward what is already a concrete objective for next summer.”

The reason Witsel’s signature was left to the last minute was another stalled negotiation with Paris Saint-Germain for Blaise Matuidi.

“There is a veto from Paris Saint-Germain and they do not want to sell Matuidi.”

Juventus had an option to buy Italy Under-21 international Berardi from Sassuolo for €25m, but it was agreed by all parties that it would not be activated over the summer.

While Inter are pushing hard for forward and Sassuolo insist they could keep him next season too, what is the situation?

“I will not deny that we evaluated Berardi very carefully indeed,” replied Marotta.

“He is an important talent for Sassuolo and the Nazionale, but if the player expressed and continues to express he doesn’t want to wear the Juve jersey, we certainly can’t force the situation.”

Marotta also commented on Stephan Lichtsteiner, who will be a free agent at the end of the season and was surprisingly dropped from the Champions League squad.

“He is a player whose contract is running down and he deserves all our admiration. He is a great professional, but you play football with 11 men and at Juve you must accept there are choices. I hope he wants to understand that.”

- - - Updated - - -

Saturday October 22 2016

Juve: 'Thiago Silva a Pirlo bargain...'
By Football Italia staff

Beppe Marotta hinted at a Juventus swoop for Paris Saint-Germain defender Thiago Silva. “This reminds me of the opportunity for Andrea Pirlo.”

The Bianconeri director general sat down to speak with Rai Sport about the current transfer market, including the status of Brazil international Thiago Silva.

His contract is due to expire in June 2017 and so far no agreement has been reached on a renewal, meaning he could be a free agent.

“Thiago Silva is an exceptional player and I don’t know what PSG’s intentions are for the future,” said Marotta.

“This reminds me of the opportunity we had in the past to go for Pirlo, as he was considered by some to be 'finished,’ but proved to be a great deal on a free transfer for us.”

Pirlo was not offered a new contract by Milan in 2011 and at the age of 32 was allowed to join the Turin giants without a transfer fee.

Milan are also known to be interested in Thiago Silva, in what would be a return to San Siro after his €42m sale in July 2012.

The centre-back recently turned 32 and has 59 senior caps for Brazil.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Berardi is disappointing me now.

At first, I called it transfer gossip and rumors but when a club director addresses it I'm concerned. Does he not see the disarray across all of Italy? Napoli is the only valid destination besides us.

Otherwise, he must have his eyes on somewhere else in Europe. Such a shame if true.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Thiago Silva would be great - I admit I watch him way less than when he played for Milan but when he played for Milan he was the best defender in the world IMO
Anyway reports say we might release Bonucci if we get him - Its a big mistake as Bonucci has many years left in him and he is a special defender - Great defending wise and playmaking wise! I say we should reject a 80M bid even if we get T.Silva
Barzagli is 50 years old and might not be able to carry on too much so he could take his spot - I wouldnt mind selling Chiellini for a very large sum but I really wouldnt like to lose Bonucci!
3 men defence - Chiellini Bonucci T.Silva (subs Barzagli if he doesnt retire + Benatia + Rugani)
4 men defence - We should clearly sell someone here as 6 top defenders are way too much... in this case we are likely to get a good playmaking midfielder and shouldnt rely on Bonuccis long creative passes - In this case I guess its understandable even if Id like us to keep him anyway

Who knows maybe - Buffonl;A.Sandro Chiellini T.Silva Alves;Verratti;Marchisio/Pjanic Khedira/Witsel;Pjanic/Pjaca;Dybala Higauin it looks good

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Berardi is disappointing me now.

At first, I called it transfer gossip and rumors but when a club director addresses it I'm concerned. Does he not see the disarray across all of Italy? Napoli is the only valid destination besides us.

Otherwise, he must have his eyes on somewhere else in Europe. Such a shame if true.
You had hope :touched:

Mar 3, 2014
The reason why we need a player like James showed today. After Dybala got hurt, we have no link up play. James can play CM, RW, SS, LW, CAM - all proficiently. He can fit in any formation. A player like him is a must.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)