Winter Mercato 2024 (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2011
Even then its against logic.
The team is supposedly growing and on a very good pace.
The motto of the club regarding winter signings was always clear - If it isnt broke dont fix it.
We are currently doing the opposite of showing we need fixing on the last few games and the Napoli game might shed more light.
Unless we lose I suspect we wont sign anyone and even then its more unlikely than likely to happen

You bring up a good point. Allegri even talked about it after the last match. He said "if you fiddle with a machine that is working well, that can cause problems. Giuntoli and Allegri gotta be careful. So far, Allegri has managed to create a very solid team. Something that's been missing since he was here the last time. But at the same time, they know, that this squad needs more quality to compete with the best of them in Europe. Playing every three days, in the Champions league is gonna be a different reality. And since we're breathing down the neck of Inter, strengthening the squad might be what wins us the title.

I really like what Allegri and Giuntoli have done so far. They look like they work very well together. And I trust Giuntoli to provide Allegri with exactly what he needs, be it in January, and in the summer. I think our summer transfers will surprise a lot of people. I have a feeling money will be spent, but responsibly.

- - - Updated - - -

Who did that Turk? Not sure that was Marotta.
Worst decision this club has made, was to let Paratici take the wheel. What an abysmal director. Nearly ruined us.

Giuntoli though, I have very high hopes for. He'll create a team worthy of CL.

Last edited:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
GEORGE IS GETTING UPSET!
Serenity now?

- - - Updated - - -

You bring up a good point. Allegri even talked about it after the last match. He said "if you fiddle with a machine that is working well, that can cause problems. Giuntoli and Allegri gotta be careful. So far, Allegri has managed to create a very solid team. Something that's been missing since he was here the last time. But at the same time, they know, that this squad needs more quality to compete with the best of them in Europe. Playing every three days, in the Champions league is gonna be a different reality. And since we're breathing down the neck of Inter, strengthening the squad might be what wins us the title.

I really like what Allegri and Giuntoli have done so far. They look like they work very well together. And I trust Giuntoli to provide Allegri with exactly what he needs, be it in January, and in the summer. I think our summer transfers will surprise a lot of people. I have a feeling money will be spent, but responsibly.

- - - Updated - - -

Worst decision this club has made, was to let Paratici take the wheel. What an abysmal director. Nearly ruined us.

Giuntoli though, I have very high hopes for. He'll create a team worthy of CL.
Well results are there but we actually started playing only recently and given our opponents I want to see how we fare against a tougher side before confirming improvement

Jul 2, 2006
i see now what is this about. elkann and co.

''Henderson’s venture to the Middle East came with plenty of criticism at the time, as he had been the face of numerous equality and inclusivity campaigns and had been an ally of the LGBTQ+ community in the years prior to his move.''

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
33 year old player that is not all that to begin with. For me it was always let's see if we can get one of the players we would go for in the summer. Kone, Koopmeiners,Thuram, Sudakov someone like that, but expensive deals to do and their clubs would not sell in the middle of the season. In the summer a different story.

Henderson seems to be a good leader on the field and in the dressingroom. Could be good for the younger players, that's one thing that could be positive.

But let's be honest we play Hans Nicolussi in many games, a player that would not start in most of the teams in Serie A. Henderson for 6 months (option for one more year if he makes a big impact) is not a disaster, as long as we go after a good midfielder in the summer.

Yeah ofcourse one of the names mentioned above would be nice but sadly not realistic.

Samardzic is the option, but im not 100% sold on him to be honest. Skillful yes, seems to be alot of problems around him with his father to. Then he striker me more of a AM then a CM, im not against a AM but we need a CM more IMO.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Tomorrow there will be a meeting between Henderson and Al Ettiqaf to discuss his potential transfer in January.

Juventus, initially not interested, the club is now reconsidering and discussing the economic feasibility with his agents.

[@_Morik92_)

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
33 year old player that is not all that to begin with. For me it was always let's see if we can get one of the players we would go for in the summer. Kone, Koopmeiners,Thuram, Sudakov someone like that, but expensive deals to do and their clubs would not sell in the middle of the season. In the summer a different story.

Henderson seems to be a good leader on the field and in the dressingroom. Could be good for the younger players, that's one thing that could be positive.

But let's be honest we play Hans Nicolussi in many games, a player that would not start in most of the teams in Serie A. Henderson for 6 months (option for one more year if he makes a big impact) is not a disaster, as long as we go after a good midfielder in the summer.

Yeah ofcourse one of the names mentioned above would be nice but sadly not realistic.

Samardzic is the option, but im not 100% sold on him to be honest. Skillful yes, seems to be alot of problems around him with his father to. Then he striker me more of a AM then a CM, im not against a AM but we need a CM more IMO.
Most of young option will be for the summer.
Henderson will be a good move for us. We are still in good position both in Serie A and Coppa while still have limitation on the budget.

Henderson provide a leadership, experience, and actually still a very good midfielder even in his last season with Liverpool. He is born in 1990 and will be 34 years but a good professional. For comparison Kroos, Modric still a first team player in Madrid and Inter also have Mkhitryan (same age) as 1st team.

Most of our players are young and we can still sign more like Samardzic in the summer but Henderson would answer both on technical and financial assuming what in the news is corecct that we cover 1.5m of his salary

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Modric and Kroos are on a completely different level than Henderson. I've got no issue with signing experienced players and do think we lack a bit of that in midfield. But they have to be of a level of ability and play in a role we need to be worth it.

We need a midfielder with creativity more than someone like Henderson. I don't see him making much of a difference to our season, especially given he will take some time to get up to speed and would rather keep going with Locatelli and Hans given that we don't have Europe this season.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
pedulla (...) says that we'd pay ~1.5m of his wages and his current club would release him free for this loan

he used to be a pretty good passer and his defensive contribution was massive for klopp's team. he used to be classes above players like hojbjerg and we of course need at least one midfielder but getting a 33 year old english guy who'd understand shit of italian, what's even the point

edit: https://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Calc...zero-e-ingaggio-alla-portata-i-dettagli.shtml gds also mention less than 2m

Last edited:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Seeing a lot of JJ fans fawning over this Ederson from Atalanta. Is he really that good? From what I saw he's pretty mediocre.
Hea good just not worth what atalanta will want for him tbh, give me Koopmeiners anyway though

- - - Updated - - -

Tomorrow there will be a meeting between Henderson and Al Ettiqaf to discuss his potential transfer in January.

Juventus, initially not interested, the club is now reconsidering and discussing the economic feasibility with his agents.

[@_Morik92_)
The English paredes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)