Winter Mercato 2023 (84 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
When 3/4 of the defense are grandpas, you need young and dynamic players in midfield. Jorginho works because of the runners around him, who have we got to complement and benefit from his skills?

Watch us get Kante from Chelsea when really we should be after Kovacic and Ziyech.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
we should be going to none of those players.
Realistically, we'll be blocked from getting SMS so Kovacic is reasonable. Ziyech wants to leave, starts ahead of McKennie in midfield, plays in a trident too, and has assists and goals in him.

Also, just look at how shit we are, we should be getting players with touch, technique, and fitness, not once upon a time world class players like Di Maria and Pogba who barely play.

New manager, new transfer policy, new scouts. Save some money. We're not one player away from being good, we need a lot of players.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Kovacic and Ziyech fit our transfer policy perfectly, both not really good enough to be starters in the long run, but both will command a hefty salary thats way above what we should be paying rotational players

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
In the context of our current team and form, Ziyech starts on the right, Cuadrado to RB, and Kovacic ahead of any of our midfielders. He's better than Locatelli and produces much more. Same with Ziyech. When we get better players, they can be benched but not for Paredes and McKennie.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
Realistically, we'll be blocked from getting SMS so Kovacic is reasonable. Ziyech wants to leave, starts ahead of McKennie in midfield, plays in a trident too, and has assists and goals in him.

Also, just look at how shit we are, we should be getting players with touch, technique, and fitness, not once upon a time world class players like Di Maria and Pogba who barely play.

New manager, new transfer policy, new scouts. Save some money. We're not one player away from being good, we need a lot of players.
Kovacic and Ziyech have alreadyreached their cealing. We need to follow a different transfer policy like Napoli/Milan. We have done it well when we recruited upcoming players. We need to develop the players for the future.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
@rakib567 agree but our club is as prehistoric as our dinosaur manager.

@GordoDeCentral I sincerely want to be proven wrong but we're getting dissected by Benfica after this game. Di Maria will be SS, not wing so McKennie vs Ziyech, I'd take Ziyech. Kovacic is far better that what we have in midfield so I'd happily sell McKennie, Zakaria, and Paredes for Kovacic and bring Rovella back.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
In the context of our current team and form, Ziyech starts on the right, Cuadrado to RB, and Kovacic ahead of any of our midfielders. He's better than Locatelli and produces much more. Same with Ziyech. When we get better players, they can be benched but not for Paredes and McKennie.
Thats essentially our squad building since forever and its stupid, its basically the same mistake we made with Arthur, Paredes, etc all over again. Bench and rotational players should be on adequate salaries, max 3m / year. Imo if a player isnt good enough to be a starter in a 3 year project but wants a starter salary, its just not a good fit, we'll never be able to move a bench player thats one of the best paid guys in the league

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Neither of them should be targets or be here. Enough with this obsession with experienced freebies with no resale value, who just come in, offer nothing, get injured, earn megabucks and fuck off.

- - - Updated - - -

If by sex, you mean two morbidly obese Brits going at it, then sure.
If you ask me I'd go
Pogba/Fagioli
Locatelli/Rovella
Top mid/Miretti

But if we can't land one/need money for other positions, a free Jorginho as short term solution isn't the worst pick. Certainly better than spending 24M on Paredes

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
good if we don't that terrible Paredes .. and keep money for SMS

SMS Jorge Pogba
what a midfield :eek:
That midfield will get wiped out 5-0 by Real Madrid or Man City

Probably embarrassed by some midtable Serie A team as well

Tuz folks still living in the past and fapping to big name players. Ratcafe 2.0

We still need to oust the football jihadi from this club before we conduct any transfer business

I agree with some. This thread should be locked until the clown is sacked.

Abdo Alzahaby

Feb 7, 2018
That midfield will get wiped out 5-0 by Real Madrid or Man City

Probably embarrassed by some midtable Serie A team as well

Tuz folks still living in the past and fapping to big name players. Ratcafe 2.0

We still need to oust the football jihadi from this club before we conduct any transfer business

I agree with some. This thread should be locked until the clown is sacked.
at this point you can add any good destroyer and play 4 3 1 2 playing SMS as a playmaker like juve 2015 and athletico 2014
BTW Jorge isn't not bad in defensive phase

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
@Strickland I don't disagree but this Juventus is very different to 2 years back. Our level has dropped so much that we are already out of the Serie A title race, getting a CL spot isn't a given, getting to the KO of CL will be a miracle, and even in the EL we wouldn't be favourites.

In order to get back to our previous level, we need to be in the CL every year so if we go for a couple of reliable expensive players then I'm for it. The reason I say Kovacic is because he's creative and so is Ziyech, as examples. I wanted Raspadori because you could see that he's dynamic. With players like them who regularly assist and score, you've got a much better chance of getting the best out of Vlahovic and others.

Pogba and Di Maria are not it given that neither plays yet Dybala did give us creativity but somehow, we're spending more on both their wages while Dybala has played more minutes than both so far. Those two came here as showpiece signings, neither coming off good seasons and either on the treatment table or riding the bench. We tried to show that we can flex our muscles financially but we again neglected every other position.

I do rate Jorginho but with our static players and rigid system, the guy will be passing sideways like Arthur. I do rate Paredes but he came for keeping possession in our own half which is Allegri's fetish. I know Ronaldo and Dybala were expensive to retain but they're keeping us in 4th spot in Serie A and giving us a chance to get to CL KO rounds.

Right now we should just buy creative players so when this Iguanodon finally becomes extinct, the next manager has something to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 77)