Winter mercato 2022 (47 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
https://www.ilbianconero.com/a/juve...tchouameni-il-prezzo-e-la-concorrenza-d-29993

Links with Tchouameni again. Evidently he’s the top priority. Price tag 40m. Feels like enough smoke around him to believe he’s a concrete target. Makes more sense than Pogba as well given his age and lower price tag/wages.

Imagine a Loca-Rovella-Tchouameni midfield next season.
No thanks, too young. We'll get battered by teams with better and more experienced midfields. This kind of fantasy works only in FIFA.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jethro

Mar 6, 2018
No thanks, too young. We'll get battered by teams with better and more experienced midfields. This kind of fantasy works only in FIFA.
Well, RM still have Casemiro, Kroos and Modric but they got benched by youngsters. And they look much better.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Well, RM still have Casemiro, Kroos and Modric but they got benched by youngsters. And they look much better.
Modric is 36, Kroos is 31 and Casemiro is 30.

We need to have a balance of both youth and experience.

By experience, I don't mean getting an old geezer. An established midfielder in his mid-late twenties.

What have guys like Rovella or that Tchoumaeni dude have proven anyway? It would be a nice investment for the future for sure but let us try to add mids too who would improve our midfield almost immediately. These youngsters need time to settle in.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009

By experience, I don't mean getting an old geezer. An established midfielder in his mid-late twenties.

What have guys like Rovella or that Tchoumaeni dude have proven anyway? It would be a nice investment for the future for sure but let us try to add mids too who would improve our midfield almost immediately. These youngsters need time to settle in.
Sure, but who? Names?

Zakaria? Ruben Neves?

Money?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

give us names pls that might be realistic targets (available, probably affordable) and would actually improve the squad. i'm really curious. i could throw in some names that would be improvements but unrealistic targets (sms, barella, de jong, goretzka, marcos llorrente, pedri), i know and rate those youngsters some tuzzers keep fapping about (gravenberch, tchouaméni, dani olmo, kamara), but i'd find it hard to actually select a midfield trio for the next 3-4 seasons, which includes locatelli plus two affordable, quality, experienced player, and would guarantee a quality upgrade over inda's or napoli's midfield.

ffs, i have never heard of anguissa before this season, and he's been great so far. why are we even hiring scouts? everyone could scout ramsey and offer him 7m per season.

Apr 29, 2006
We have so many midfielders that we should be fielding a whole team full of mids. There needs to be a strategy in place not only on who is promising or developing, but also what kind of a system we would be aiming to play. If its with 2, 3 or 4 mids - that makes a ton of difference on bench options, starters and last, but not least - sheer numbers. No point in getting 'Pogbas' if we aren't gonna play them to their strenghts. No reason to sell starters either, unless you see something other clubs don't. I am sick with balancing the budget act by selling proven players and then spending the cash on a bunch of lottery tickets.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

People talk about Rovella but Rovella isnt even playing with us yet. Lets see.. maybe he gets loaned or something because he is "too young" and we know Allegri isnt really jumping on young guns unless they are absolutely smoking ones..

Anyway not too old but is quality and has experience - Sounds like SMS and Pogba :D

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017

What do players need to do prove things? Play well or win trophies? Because those young guys are playing better than our "proven" midfielders. It's pointless to have Rovella on loan outperforming our midfielders.

We have 4 players that are mostly not good enough: Rabiot, Ramsey, Bentancur, McKennie

We won't be able to change all 4 at once and the club can't afford a star signing. So unless there is a midfielder in his prime that is cheap (who?) Then we might as well get players that might be more talented, hungrier, and younger than someone like Ramsey who was signed as a mid-late 20s proven player.

Valverde proved nothing before Madrid, Pedri at Barca, Barella was signed from Cagliari, Locatelli from Sassuolo, etc. All young players from small clubs or youth teams that make the jump. If the player is good enough then he is good enough.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
Rovella is perfect as a substitute. Young and hungry with room to grow but should not be counted on as a starter right away. He needs to prove himself first. He is not a phenom like Pogba or even Verratti was. Locatelli is 4 years older for example. Rovella has not even got a chance with the senior national team yet.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Rovella is perfect as a substitute. Young and hungry with room to grow but should not be counted on as a starter right away. He needs to prove himself first. He is not a phenom like Pogba or even Verratti was. Locatelli is 4 years older for example. Rovella has not even got a chance with the senior national team yet.
This is like how two years ago some thought Kulu was the new Nedved (literally).

There's a diff between Genoa and Juve, shouldn't need pointing out.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
People should just ask kulu how it's like to go from parma to juventus.
You usually start to involunatrily bump into 3 4 oposition players when you have the ball.
We don't need young mids . We need wc ones with experience.

Jun 6, 2015
Sure, but who? Names?

Zakaria? Ruben Neves?

Money?
Players like Tielemans and Soler are the profile I'd be looking at. Players that can offer more going forward than our current mids but that are still reliable enough defensively to play as proper box to box midfielders. Age wise they are players that are just about to enter their prime years.

- - - Updated - - -

Tell that to Klopp. Btw they’re young, not inexperienced.
Klopp regularly plays guys like Henderson, Thiago, Fabinho and co in midfield. He at times plays some youngsters alongside those veterans.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)