Winter Mercato 2015 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Sneijder could give weary legs a rest in Seria A so our key players in midfield can rest for CL. Maybe? :confused:
I get the "legs a rest in Serie A" argument but at his wages I just don't see how thats a good investment. I'd rather sign Tielemans for legs in Serie A if I must. Or Coman, who isnt getting much time recently, for legs in Serie A.

Why sign a huge wage-earner for legs when we don't even know his current level?

If we're looking for legs to give our starters a rest before CL, why look out of roster or at such high earners who's current level of skill/ability is unknown?

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
Anyone following Felipe Anderson on Lazio. The kid has put together 4 consecutive dominant performances after hardly starting. I'm not talking about playing well for spurts. The last four games he's put up four goals and four assists, while looking completely dominant. Every goal he has been a part of in the last four games has been majestic.

Literally out of nowhere.
We were linked in the summer with him and Marotta and Paratici wanted him. People would go in panic mode if we had signed him calling for Marotta's head, and look where he is now.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
We should have bought Bruno Fernandes from Udinese instead of Pereyra. Younger, plays Attacking Mid, and has actually scored this year. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Belgians. Is Hans Vanaken any good as an AM?

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I get the "legs a rest in Serie A" argument but at his wages I just don't see how thats a good investment. I'd rather sign Tielemans for legs in Serie A if I must. Or Coman, who isnt getting much time recently, for legs in Serie A.

Why sign a huge wage-earner for legs when we don't even know his current level?

If we're looking for legs to give our starters a rest before CL, why look out of roster or at such high earners who's current level of skill/ability is unknown?
You're complaining about the wage but you want to sign Tielemans who will cost God knows how much for the transfer alone...

- - - Updated - - -

We should have bought Bruno Fernandes from Udinese instead of Pereyra. Younger, plays Attacking Mid, and has actually scored this year. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Belgians. Is Hans Vanaken any good as an AM?
He's good, but he's playing for an overachieving club at the moment and his performances have dropped lately. He's not at all Juve's class category. And I doubt he'll ever get there, would definitely surprise me.

Knowah

Jan 28, 2013
You're complaining about the wage but you want to sign Tielemans who will cost God knows how much for the transfer alone...
I see it in terms of investment and value though. Investment in the future and a benefit to Serie A now (Tielemans) verses merely an investment in Serie A now without a future.

And Marotta always deals in transfers spread over years, much like wages. So if you take that into account, Tielemans would cost more, yes, but his cost plus his wages would be better than a 4.5m wage for 18 months on a player like Sneijder. At least, in my opinion. And as far as Tielemans cost, of course it would be more but it would be an investment in more than the next 18 months so of course it's going to cost more. But you'd also go a long way towards building this team for the future instead of a stopgap solution like Sneijder.

- - - Updated - - -

An expensive stopgap solution in terms of wages. 4.5m in wages is huge.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I see it in terms of investment and value though. Investment in the future and a benefit to Serie A now (Tielemans) verses merely an investment in Serie A now without a future.

And Marotta always deals in transfers spread over years, much like wages. So if you take that into account, Tielemans would cost more, yes, but his cost plus his wages would be better than a 4.5m wage for 18 months on a player like Sneijder. At least, in my opinion. And as far as Tielemans cost, of course it would be more but it would be an investment in more than the next 18 months so of course it's going to cost more. But you'd also go a long way towards building this team for the future instead of a stopgap solution like Sneijder.

- - - Updated - - -

An expensive stopgap solution in terms of wages. 4.5m in wages is huge.
Well, I very much agree on the long term decision but Tielemans is not the name to be dropped in that discussion. First of all it's very unlikely he'll leave RSCA this summer and second of all the boy has a long way to go before he could be useful for Juve. If he's open to a loan move, maybe even staying at Anderlecht, then it's worth considering.

Don't forget that even in the near future we'll have Pogba, Vidal, Marchisio, Pereyra & maybe Sturaro competing in our MF as things stand. Hell, even Asamoah is there for years to come. I wouldn't even bring a midfielder and focus on finding a decent left back, but hey...

Knowah

Jan 28, 2013
Well, I very much agree on the long term decision but Tielemans is not the name to be dropped in that discussion. First of all it's very unlikely he'll leave RSCA this summer and second of all the boy has a long way to go before he could be useful for Juve. If he's open to a loan move, maybe even staying at Anderlecht, then it's worth considering.

Don't forget that even in the near future we'll have Pogba, Vidal, Marchisio, Pereyra & maybe Sturaro competing in our MF as things stand. Hell, even Asamoah is there for years to come. I wouldn't even bring a midfielder and focus on finding a decent left back, but hey...
But we're not looking at a leftback, we're looking at Sneijder. And of those players for our near future you named, who among them plays AM? None as their primary position besides maybe Pereyra and he's no world beater. For the AM position, a position we're currently looking for someone to "fill" in Serie A, why not Tielemans? Matter of fact, if we're just looking for legs to cover Serie A, why not Coman? Sneijder is an expensive wage to have and he's passed his prime.

And, while I would normally say trust management to have a plan for this kind of a move, we've seen in the recent Marotta past him sign old, aging and out of prime players to "fill legs" for Serie A (supposedly) and then end up wasting away and their wages are piss in the wind. Anelka is a great example. Bendtner is another. They took up wages and did nothing though they were signed to give weary legs a rest, Conte kept with his trusted squad and the wages were wasted. Now we don't know what Allegri will do or how he will react to such a situation but I'd hardly call 4.5m is wages for a players who could (awhile ago) do us some good at AM get time when we have a cheaper option with a bright future getting no time in Coman.

Haha, its a sad buy, in my opinion, the type of which we've seen Marotta make before and amounted to nothing for us then. What makes us think now will be any different?

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.football-italia.net/60778/united-edge-juve-sneijder

Are members of United's management missing a chromosome? Do they just look to buy players they don't need or just simply decide they want to buy our targets?

If I was a United shareholder I'd be annoyed because that is an unnecessary purchase and a waste of capital.
The Daily Express is a tabloid. I'd hardly take any article with them as a source seriously.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Storari---> Mirante/Sorrentino
Rubinho---> Audero/Pinsogli
Marrone(Rolando)---> Rugani
Giovinco---> Berardi
Pepe---> Sneijder
Romulo---> Sturaro/Danilo
Padoin---> Kurzawa/Amavi

Evra---> Vrsaljko
Barzagli---> Schär
Tevez---> Lacazette
Pirlo---> Tielemans
Llorente---> Vietto

Buffon---> Leali

:p
If this fail, you'll have to retire from "Transfer-discussion".

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
But we're not looking at a leftback, we're looking at Sneijder. And of those players for our near future you named, who among them plays AM? None as their primary position besides maybe Pereyra and he's no world beater. For the AM position, a position we're currently looking for someone to "fill" in Serie A, why not Tielemans? Matter of fact, if we're just looking for legs to cover Serie A, why not Coman? Sneijder is an expensive wage to have and he's passed his prime.

And, while I would normally say trust management to have a plan for this kind of a move, we've seen in the recent Marotta past him sign old, aging and out of prime players to "fill legs" for Serie A (supposedly) and then end up wasting away and their wages are piss in the wind. Anelka is a great example. Bendtner is another. They took up wages and did nothing though they were signed to give weary legs a rest, Conte kept with his trusted squad and the wages were wasted. Now we don't know what Allegri will do or how he will react to such a situation but I'd hardly call 4.5m is wages for a players who could (awhile ago) do us some good at AM get time when we have a cheaper option with a bright future getting no time in Coman.

Haha, its a sad buy, in my opinion, the type of which we've seen Marotta make before and amounted to nothing for us then. What makes us think now will be any different?

- - - Updated - - -

The Daily Express is a tabloid. I'd hardly take any article with them as a source seriously.
We don't necessarily need an AM. That's the misconception here in my opinion. And Tielemans ain't no AM either.

For instance in Conte's first season we played a quite fluent 4-3-3 without an AM (and without a LB as well :tdown:).

I agree Sneijder would be a sad buy btw ;)

Nikola

May 21, 2009
Storari---> Mirante/Sorrentino
Rubinho---> Audero/Pinsogli
Marrone(Rolando)---> Rugani
Giovinco---> Berardi
Pepe---> Sneijder
Romulo---> Sturaro/Danilo
Padoin---> Kurzawa/Amavi

Evra---> Vrsaljko
Barzagli---> Schär
Tevez---> Lacazette
Pirlo---> Tielemans
Llorente---> Vietto

Buffon---> Leali

:p
Vrsaljko for the LB spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)