Winter Mercato 2015 (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerNedved

Mar 21, 2014
How is it possible that Immobile was sold cuz Conte just didn't like him but now he's a starter for Italy. I mean even if Conte didn't want him as a Juventus starter he was a cheaper option than Morata.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Immobile wasent sold cause conte didnt like him.

He was sold cause torino wanted to and we didnt feel like going into a bidding war with dortmund.

+We needed the cash
+Tevez and Immobile hate each other

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
We needed the cash to buy another unproven backup striker for a much higher cost?

And let's not pretend we know how his and Tevez' relationship is. The only thing we know is Immobile almost fucked him up and Tevez vented on Twitter.
Pirlo bitched about Allegri in his bio. Pirlo is one of our most important players, and we hired the coach that dissed him and sent him packing. They got over it.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
well, maybe Immobile didnt want to return. or our management may have thought that he isnt worth the 12M(?) Torino asked for his half...

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
so we cant actually blame or praise anyone here as we dont know the backstory behind this. there are many ifs but id like to think Immobile prefered Dortmund + we werent too keen on him anyway...

id also like to add one more thing. from this perspective, im glad we sold him and got Morata. Morata has the potential to be one of the best in his position while Immobile will always stay a decent (and onedimensional) striker at best. if we keep Morata (which i think will be the case) we got our selves an excellent peace of business. also, lets not forget we got Morata for the same amount we would have paid for Immobile if we went for him instead (we sold Immobile for 8M and got Morata for 20M. thats a spending of 12M. Torino asked 12M for their half. by merely adding numbers thats an equal spending of 12M in both cases) + we got the better player who actually wanted to come only here and is 100% motivated to prove himself, unlike Immobile who prefered Dortmund instead. and if Morata eventually leaves, we will (mos likely) go for Zaza who at that time will (also most likely) be better than Immobile. win/win situation for us...

May 22, 2013
Immobile would not only cost us the 12 million Torino wanted for his half, also we have to take in mind the opportunity cost of not selling him. So he is not significantly cheaper than Morata, and in my opinion Morata is the more talented of those two, although Immobile for sure is going to be a fine player. But i also have a feeling people are overrating Immobile a bit. I mean, Borriello also scored 19 goals in Serie A one season... (not saying he is a new Borrigol, but he might not be a world beater just because he had a season where everything he touched went in)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)