Winning Eleven 8 / Pro Evolution Soccer 4 (10 Viewers)

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Andy, I recommend you to use Sorrentino and Potenza (both in Parma). Both will become great players, especially the latter. I just played with Parma for 5 years, and Sorrentino was my top scorer, and Potenza a rock defender (I played him as LB, this is also the guy who Olivera strangled) with tons of assists.

Here's my team at 2006

Buy on AliExpress.com

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
I would've posted their stats if I hadn't overwritten my Parma save file with a completely new Udinese one. :p

I use The Wolf's mod, but in that game it was just vanilla PES4.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Hehe I have started again, but with Liverpool this time. Anyway, here is my best eleven in season 2008. Enjoy :)

Daddi

Oct 27, 2004
btw, my benchplayers are:

Frey
Zambrotta
Appiah
Essien
Nesta
Heitinga
Rio Ferdinand
Cisse
Adriano
Zlatan
Izmailov

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Sadomin ] ++
Andy, I recommend you to use Sorrentino and Potenza (both in Parma). Both will become great players, especially the latter. I just played with Parma for 5 years, and Sorrentino was my top scorer, and Potenza a rock defender (I played him as LB, this is also the guy who Olivera strangled) with tons of assists.
Yeah I still have Sorrentino and Potenza in the squad, but I really haven't played them that much. Brechet and Moretti really have been weak at the back for me, so perhaps I'll give Potenza a try.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
I am playing W11 road to germany
YES YES YES YES...... The season has ended (2nd season). I managed to snatch the Devision 1 cup from Chelsea and the Division 1 League from Man U.
I managed to get best player of the cup = Rocicky.
Top assist = Del Piero

Now the negotiations will start along with the pre-season trainning camp and games. I will be playing 3 or 4 matches (can't remember, but I think 4).
My current team is:
Goal Keepers:
Buffon, Cheminti
Deffense:
Zebina, Pessotto, Birindelli, Thuram, Cannavaro, Huth, Montero, Zambrotta, Chillieni, another player who is 18 years old italian.. Can't remember his name. Got him during the winter negotiation on free contract. Didn't play a single game since then :D .. He will start playing during the pre-season trainning..
Midfield:
Camoranesi, Olivera, Emerson, Appiah, Tacchinardi, Blasi, Rosicky, Nedved, Kapo, and another player who is 18 years old (same as above).
Forward:
Del Piero, Ibrahimovic, Mutu, Trezeguet, Zalayata, Morini.

I staretd the year with this team except the two youngster and Morini (who is also 18 years old but got a good chance to play and score).

Notes from the last season:
- Buffon is just great.. I mean he is simply outstanding.
- The deffense was good. Cannvaro, Thuram and Huth played a very good season. The turn-over was performed wise at the back which helped them finish the season with good health.
- Zambrotta and Chielini did well, although Chielini still has to develope.
- Big problem is on the right back. Zebina is not doing well, Birendilli was horrible because he never played before and Pessotto is better on ther left back. So a player is needed here.
- The Deffensive Midfield was quite well this season, the star was Blasi. The two most played players in this area were Blasi and Appiah. Emerson had a terrible season.. He might leave if the right price comes. Especially since I have signed a new youngster for free.
- Camoranesi had good season, Olivera didn't get much time to play, but when he did he managed to ge some good crosses. Kapo didn't get a really good chance. So wings are needed.
- Star of the season was Rosicky. He was the most crutial player. Nedved did alright.
- Forward was good. Thanks to Rosicky who gave them so many chances to score :cool: . Didn't get a real striker because I was performing the turn-over. The most two players playing were Del Piero and Ibrahimovic. This explains them being my top scorers. Zalayata had a good season, Trezeguet didn't have one at all.
- Mutu was very versatile. I played him as Striker, assistant striker, Wing, Offensive midfielder.. he played well in every place. Scored very importat goals at the end of the season. Which reflected the league capture.

Looking at this:
I am interesting in getting right and left wings. Plus a right back and goalkeeper (youngster). Any advice. Player should be 24 years old max.

I am interested in Bonera and Boneffoe (our third goalkeeper).

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well, for the right wing Marchionni has been fantastic for me at Parma. He has good pace and close dribbling skills, and I play him wide out right in an advanced position. He leads the league in assists with 8.

Bonera has been alright for me but I would choose someone else, perhaps Maicon if you want an attacking RB.

Can you post the formation that you used?

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
This is the formation I used the most: 4-4-2 (more of 4-2-2-1-1):
It goes like this (those are the players who played the most:
------------------------Buffon
Zebina------Thuram------Cannavaro---- Zambrotta
-------------------Blasi--------------Appiah
Camoranesi---------------Rosicky
---------------------------------------Del Piero
--------------------Zlatan

The turn over was done with most players except buffon(Chimenti played 2 games only). Cannavaro Thuram and Huth were taking turns for the CB. Zebina and Pessotto for the right back, along with Thuram sometimes. Zambrotta and Chillini at the LB. Blasi played most of the matches, Appiah position was turned over more often with Tacchinardi and Emerson (mostly tacchi).
Camoranesi, Olivera and Mutu took turns for the Rt wing. Rosicky and Nedved for the OM.
Del Piero, Zlatan Mutu, Trezeguet, Zalayata and Morini took turns upfront.

I want to try playing with this formation: 3-5-2
---------------------Buffon
---------Thuram----Cannavaro-- Huth
-------------Blasi-------Appiah
Camoranesi-----------------------Zambrotta
----------------------Rosicky
-----------Zlatan--------------Del Piero

I feel it will be more flexable than 4-2-2 I was playing with. I can this way play Rosicky at Appiah's place and play Nedved as OM.

Andy, do you play W11 or pro evolution?
How do you sell a player? Do I chose release player? I want to put him for negotiations so if the right price comes I sell him, can I do that?
Thanks

Daddi

Oct 27, 2004
U must have Nedved, he has the craziest shots in the game... scored many wonderful longshots from 35-50m hehe, he is crazy!
3-5-2 is really nice!!

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
U must have Nedved, he has the craziest shots in the game... scored many wonderful longshots from 35-50m hehe, he is crazy!
3-5-2 is really nice!!
Don't worry Nedved is there and he is not going anywhere :) he is not for sale.. I have to admit though, this season I played Rosicky more for two reasons:
1- I wanted him to develope before he gets old.
2- I paid alot of cash just to get him (around 13,000 which was alot for me since it was my first negotiation period after season 1), so I had to let him play to get back the money I paid :D .. and oh boy did he return that money back.. He won the best player of the cop :) next time its the best player of the league hopefully :)

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
I made a GREAT DEAL.. Managed to get Zola for free (Zola is now 17 years old :D ).
I also got Boneffeo as a sub GK and I am bidding on Bonera.. Looking good for next season :cool:

Guys any suggestions for a right wing..

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by ZAF3000 ] ++
I made a GREAT DEAL.. Managed to get Zola for free (Zola is now 17 years old :D ).
I also got Boneffeo as a sub GK and I am bidding on Bonera.. Looking good for next season :cool:

Guys any suggestions for a right wing..
dude, I have that young Zola too, and he is sooooo fast and good. Was the top scorer in my league.

For right wing I would tell you to get C. Ronaldo. Great player. Beckham has weird crosses in that game, but I guess he will be too expensive. Why don't you play Camoranesi on the right wing, or Zambrotta with a new left-back (A.Cole is great!)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Andy, do you play W11 or pro evolution?
How do you sell a player? Do I chose release player? I want to put him for negotiations so if the right price comes I sell him, can I do that?
Thanks
I indeed play WE. To sell a player you must put him on the transfer list, and wait until the next day to see if any club has made an offer for him. I hate this system they have because it would be a lot easier if you could just press a button and see the teams interested in him already or get offers out of the blue. But with this you have to wait until the next week.

As for the 3-5-2, I have not always had success playing that system as my defense seems to become stretched with only three at the back. Moreover the wing players are not always in a good position to recieve passes because of their defensive responsibilties.

Believe it or not the system I keep the most cleansheets with is the Capello 4-4-2, even though it's weak going forward and I have to resort to longballs just like in real life. But it works, and that's what matters.

Here is my current formation with Parma:

Frey

Bonera - Ferrari - Boumsong - Moretti

- Rochemback -

- Dhorasoo - Emre -

Marchionni - Gilardino - Mutu

Rochemback is the holding midfielder with Dhorasoo and Emre taking a bit more of an advanced role. Marchionni has the right flank all to himself.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

I indeed play WE. To sell a player you must put him on the transfer list, and wait until the next day to see if any club has made an offer for him. I hate this system they have because it would be a lot easier if you could just press a button and see the teams interested in him already or get offers out of the blue. But with this you have to wait until the next week.
Can I chose if I want to loan the player or sell? Because I would like to loan few players.. Can I do that?
And will the player develope if he gets loaned or atleast stay the way he is, or will he regress back to stock?

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++

dude, I have that young Zola too, and he is sooooo fast and good. Was the top scorer in my league.

For right wing I would tell you to get C. Ronaldo. Great player. Beckham has weird crosses in that game, but I guess he will be too expensive. Why don't you play Camoranesi on the right wing, or Zambrotta with a new left-back (A.Cole is great!)
I am already playing Camoranesi there, but next season I will be partisipating in the CL, I guess, so i will need a back up to perform the turn-over on camoranesi. Currently his back up is Olivera.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Can I chose if I want to loan the player or sell? Because I would like to loan few players.. Can I do that?
And will the player develope if he gets loaned or atleast stay the way he is, or will he regress back to stock?
For the loan you just have to wait and see if anybody wants a loan deal, if not you're out of luck for a loan.

Not sure about the second question, but I assume if he is played while on loan he will develop.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

For the loan you just have to wait and see if anybody wants a loan deal, if not you're out of luck for a loan.

Not sure about the second question, but I assume if he is played while on loan he will develop.
So for the loan I just leave the player in my squad and wait, not even put him on the negotiation list?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)